• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Julius Peppers go down as a top 10 defensive player of all time?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants his last chance for a ring he better step up tomorrow

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200.gif

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably not top 10 all time defensive players in the history of the NFC Nort...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night Train
Alan Page
Carl Eller
Mike Singletary
Dick Butkus
Reggie White
John Randle
Charles Woodson
Ray Nitschke
Chris Doleman
Brian Urlacher
Herb Adderley

Can I include Buccaneers? lolzzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.sheboyganpress.com/story...us-peppers-playing-like-hes-his-20s/96332584/
Julius Peppers playing 'like he's in his 20s'

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...eppers-hof-credentials-unquestioned/86239536/

PACKERS
Julius Peppers' HOF credentials unquestioned

Aa
How Julius Peppers keeps defying Father Time

So Greene has a hard time saying any specific player should be a Hall of Famer. He simply doesn’t know.

For Green Bay Packers outside linebacker Julius Peppers, he made an exception.

Each of the top three living career sack leaders — Bruce Smith, Greene and Chris Doleman — said Peppers should be a Hall of Famer even if he retired today. That’s without winning a Super Bowl ring in his career, mind you.

“I do. I really do,” Doleman said. “His longevity, his production. That’s pretty awesome. And he was on teams that were successful.”

“I’m a huge statistics guy,” Smith said. “Based upon where he ranks and what he’s been able to accomplish, he has the qualifications. Yeah, he’s a phenomenal talent.”

Login
SUBSCRIBE
SIGN IN
PACKERS
Julius Peppers' HOF credentials unquestioned
Aa
How Julius Peppers keeps defying Father Time

Related: LeRoy Butler considers own Hall of Fame candidacy

So Greene has a hard time saying any specific player should be a Hall of Famer. He simply doesn’t know.

For Green Bay Packers outside linebacker Julius Peppers, he made an exception.

Each of the top three living career sack leaders — Bruce Smith, Greene and Chris Doleman — said Peppers should be a Hall of Famer even if he retired today. That’s without winning a Super Bowl ring in his career, mind you.

“I do. I really do,” Doleman said. “His longevity, his production. That’s pretty awesome. And he was on teams that were successful.”

Continue reading below
Peppers has a chance to add to his already illustrious career this fall when he plays the final season in his original three-year contract with the Packers. Nobody knows whether this will be the final season of his career, even Peppers. What’s clear is Peppers' Hall-of-Fame credentials are in a good place as he enters his age-36 season, partly because of his ability to prolong his production to an almost unprecedented level in Green Bay.

Peppers is tied for ninth with recently retired Jared Allen with 136 career sacks. He’s the only man in NFL history to have double-digit interceptions and more than 100 sacks. Like Greene, every team Peppers has played for — three in total — throughout his career reached a conference championship game.

“I’m a huge statistics guy,” Smith said. “Based upon where he ranks and what he’s been able to accomplish, he has the qualifications. Yeah, he’s a phenomenal talent.”

With another season similar to his last, Peppers will continue putting himself in rare company. He is six sacks from passing Hall of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan and moving into the top five all-time. He is 14 away from becoming the fifth player in NFL history to reach 150.

“I think Julius is obviously stringing together a fine career,” Greene said. “That’s really what I want to see as a fella that’s going into the Hall of Fame this summer. I want to see somebody doing it over a long period of time at a high level. I think that deserves some serious consideration, when you can put that together. I’m not just talking 10 years. I want to see 12, 14, 15, 16 years at a high, impactful level, production-wise, making an impact late in his career. Offenses still having to account for them late in his career. Then you know that’s a special kind of dude, and I do believe that Julius falls into that category.”

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong here, I have always liked Peppers but to say top 10 all time seems a bit foolish to me. But hey if he's your cousin or something that's cool...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night Train
Alan Page
Carl Eller
Mike Singletary
Dick Butkus
Reggie White
John Randle
Charles Woodson
Ray Nitschke
Chris Doleman
Brian Urlacher
Herb Adderley

Can I include Buccaneers? lolzzz

You can include any Buccaneer you want, the only Buck who is in Peppers league is Derrick Brooks. Not Sapp, not Selmon, Lynch or any one else.

Of the players you mentioned, Peppers was more dominant than any of them except for Reggie White, and on par with Alan Page.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can include any Buccaneer you want, the only Buck who is in Peppers league is Derrick Brooks. Not Sapp, not Selmon, Lynch or any one else.

Of the players you mentioned, Peppers was more dominant than any of them except for Reggie White, and on par with Alan Page.

:thumb:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th all time in sacks with 143.5, tied for third most forced fumbles in NFL history with 47, second most interceptions by D lineman in NFL history with 9. 11 total interceptions including time played as a linebacker. Only player in NFL history with with 100 + sacks and 10 + interceptions. Second most blocked kicks in NFL history with 13. Peppers isn't \ wasn't your average Edge rusher, he did EVERYTHING well from getting pressures and sacks, forcing and recovering fumbles, knocking down passes, interceptions, scoring touchdowns on defense, blocking kicks, taking on double teams and setting the edge against the run. Peppers was just a play making game changing freak, and is one of the most dominant \ disruptive defensive players in NFL history no doubt.

The old timers have a mystical aura around them like somehow today's players can't be as good as them or something? To that I say Come on man.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th all time in sacks with 143.5, tied for third most forced fumbles in NFL history with 47, second most interceptions by D lineman in NFL history with 9. 11 total interceptions including time played as a linebacker. Only player in NFL history with with 100 + sacks and 10 + interceptions. Second most blocked kicks in NFL history with 13. Peppers isn't \ wasn't your average Edge rusher, he did EVERYTHING well from getting pressures and sacks, forcing and recovering fumbles, knocking down passes, interceptions, scoring touchdowns on defense, blocking kicks, taking on double teams and setting the edge against the run. Peppers was just a play making game changing freak, and is one of the most dominant \ disruptive defensive players in NFL history no doubt.

The old timers have a mystical aura around them like somehow today's players can't be as good as them or something? To that I say Come on man.
I love how you always lead with the sacks stat... You do realize that sacks didn't become a statistic until 1982 right?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are all 132 of this guys' posts since 2013 solely dedicated to this discussion?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you always lead with the sacks stat... You do realize that sacks didn't become a statistic until 1982 right?

Of course I do... if we count the all time sack list from before 1982 Peppers would still be 8th all time with a chance to move up the list further if he continues to play after this season.

. Click here to view all time sack list from before 1982 to present day. This was from last year though before Peppers 7.5 sacks this season.

NFL Career Sacks Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com. Official sack leader list

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many on here give two shits about AV. Of all the arcane things people here care about both subjective, objective and more specifically statistical, AV I don't think I have ever seen mentioned by anyone- except you.

I must be special. :10:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do... if we count the all time sack list from before 1982 Peppers would still be 8th all time with a chance to move up the list further if he continues to play after this season.

. Click here to view all time sack list from before 1982 to present day. This was from last year though before Peppers 7.5 sacks this season.

NFL Career Sacks Leaders | Pro-Football-Reference.com. Official sack leader list
Are you really going to reference pre-1982 numbers calculated by a giftshop owner from New Mexico?