• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dwight Win Even One Championship In His Career

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that people think he's Shaq, it's that he thinks he's better than Shaq and he's not. Refusing help from Nash and multiple Lakers legends proves that.

To me, that was when I knew that he was unlikely to come back and when I was glad that he wouldn't be back, even though I knew that the Lakers were heading for some rough seasons because of it.

I don't care who a player is or who he thinks he is, when arguably the greatest center in the history of the game and one of the greatest shooters in the history of the game offer to help you to improve on glaring weaknesses in your game and your reply is "No thanks. I'm good" that's a problem. That's someone I wouldn't want on the Lakers.

People crack on Kobe for having a massive ego (and he does), but him asking great players like MJ for pointers on what they do and how they prepare, even in the middle of a game, shows that he was smart enough to humble himself in order to become a better player.

When one considers how good Dwight is just on his natural talent, it's scary to think about how good he could have been if he were willing to learn. He really could have been better than Shaq and just about everyone else too.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he hasn't. He might get an important put back because that's part of his game. Ask yourself this, Dwight is on the Heat, it's game 7 of a playoff series.....Do you want him getting the ball?

As a Lakers fan, I watched Shaq's struggles at the line, yet I never worried about Shaq with the ball at the end of the game because he had actual post moves and would usually get an and 1. When he didn't, he would usually hit the free throws, even when he was missing them earlier in the game.

If you remember - As an Analyst, Shaq declared that Howard is not a legitimate center.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly the point, he's content to just wait for pieces to land around him or to go to a team that is already a contender instead of busting his ass to get better. Shaq and Kobe didn't get thrown together and start winning titles. They worked on and improved their games, learned from their losses and tried to get better. Shaq took the opportunity to learn from some of the greats in the game like Kareem and Hakeem. Kobe did the same. In fact, Kobe used to talk to greats from other teams during games and ask them questions about how they prepared, what they worked on, etc. When has Dwight ever done that?

If he worked on his game like guys like Shaq and Timmy, who both had some of the same weaknesses as Dwight, he may very well have already won a title because his improvement may have been enough to get his team over the hump and/or may have inspired his teammates to get better. Even if he hadn't you wouldn't be on here posting about how Houston needs another player because Dwight would have that covered.

And in the third run for the championship I remember Kobe called Shaq up and three in the morning in the finals, and told him that it was up to the two of them to carry the team if they want to win another one and to figure out a winning plan. I would bet you that Dwight has never lost a minute's sleep to make that effort, but that's what a champion does. If Dwight Howard wins a championship in his career which is possible since he is a caliber player, then it will because the management puts a real championship caliber type player with the drive to win in that combo and Dwight is willing to be the number two options. THAT IS A LOT OF IF'S - JUST SAYING