• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dwight Win Even One Championship In His Career

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree but Dwight not making any improvements to his game. Houston is actually a great situation for him to win a championship. He needed to be on a team where he is not the man and he has that here in Houston as it is Harden's team. They need one more piece and must get rid of McHale and they'll be contenders

I don't think the situation in Houston is all that great for him to win a championship and I don't think they will unless the player they add is Lebron or KD without losing any of their other key players.

You can call me a homer if you want, but Dwight's best chance would have been to stay with the Lakers and take advantage of all that was offered to him to improve his game and learn how lead (and no, not just from Kobe).

I love watching Harden, but I really don't see him being much better than Dwight as a leader because he doesn't play both ends of the floor. On every championship team that I can think of, the guy who led the team played both ends of the floor. It's part of leading by example.

There will come a time in the playoffs when the Rockets will need Dwight to step up on offense and/or Harden on defense. Do you think either of them will be up to the task?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the situation in Houston is all that great for him to win a championship and I don't think they will unless the player they add is Lebron or KD without losing any of their other key players.

You can call me a homer if you want, but Dwight's best chance would have been to stay with the Lakers and take advantage of all that was offered to him to improve his game and learn how lead (and no, not just from Kobe).

I love watching Harden, but I really don't see him being much better than Dwight as a leader because he doesn't play both ends of the floor. On every championship team that I can think of, the guy who led the team played both ends of the floor. It's part of leading by example.

There will come a time in the playoffs when the Rockets will need Dwight to step up on offense and/or Harden on defense. Do you think either of them will be up to the task?

Howard has proven on many different occasions that he can step up in the biggest moments on offense....harden stepping up on defense is another issue

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us can't see into the future several years down the road.They have a solid team in Houston but probably need a new coach and one more player to be considered legit title contenders. As for this year team, solid team but the ceiling for them is probably WCF....2nd round exit is most likely

I think you have enough common sense know what you're watching and evaluate what you think of a team and their future, so cut the crap and quit pretending like you don't have an opinion on the matter. You've certainly voiced enough opinions on other subjects in which you were not an expert on. No one in here is saying we're going to hold you to it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have enough common sense know what you're watching and evaluate what you think of a team and their future, so cut the crap and quit pretending like you don't have an opinion on the matter. You've certainly voiced enough opinions on other subjects in which you were not an expert on. No one in here is saying we're going to hold you to it.

It's called free agency & trades.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both Howard and Harden are fantastic players, but Harden and Howard is not good enough to be a Shaq and Kobe or a Kobe and Gasol. As you said, they need a third big name player in a huge way and many teams have went decades without getting that third player that they need. Just ask Carl Malone how that worked out in Utah - He will tell us all

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called free agency & trades.

Been watching Houston now since they traded for McGrady and they have pulled off the free agency or trade they needed to get over that hill since they won those two championships in a row with Robert Horry. I have no reason to believe they will now with the current salary cap restrictions. Teams like the Thunder has the best chance with the way they get the players to buy into less money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard has proven on many different occasions that he can step up in the biggest moments on offense....harden stepping up on defense is another issue

I saw how he stepped up in Orlando in 2009 in the finals:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking back I can see why the Lakers management wanted Chris Paul first and not Dwight Howard. Fucking David Stern

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight achieves double doubles in 80 percent of his games. He is top 3 in rebounds and blocks, and averages nearly 20 points a game. Since recovering from back injury, he remains a steady force. He left a bad Orlando team and then after a year with LA , albeit injured, he decided LA was not his place, leaving 30 M on the table. Seems many do these days

When does this anti Dwight stuff end? It's old news. He is a great player, not perfect. He handled the negative media coming out of LA after his rejection with class.

There is a lesson there

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight achieves double doubles in 80 percent of his games. He is top 3 in rebounds and blocks, and averages nearly 20 points a game. Since recovering from back injury, he remains a steady force. He left a bad Orlando team and then after a year with LA , albeit injured, he decided LA was not his place, leaving 30 M on the table. Seems many do these days

When does this anti Dwight stuff end? It's old news. He is a great player, not perfect. He handled the negative media coming out of LA after his rejection with class.

There is a lesson there

All of that and he's still not a leader, still hasn't improved his game and still has no rings.

As to the bolded, as you've already been told, if you don't like it, stay out of the thread. Last warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he hasn't. He might get an important put back because that's part of his game. Ask yourself this, Dwight is on the Heat, it's game 7 of a playoff series.....Do you want him getting the ball?

As a Lakers fan, I watched Shaq's struggles at the line, yet I never worried about Shaq with the ball at the end of the game because he had actual post moves and would usually get an and 1. When he didn't, he would usually hit the free throws, even when he was missing them earlier in the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he hasn't. He might get an important put back because that's part of his game. Ask yourself this, Dwight is on the Heat, it's game 7 of a playoff series.....Do you want him getting the ball?

As a Lakers fan, I watched Shaq's struggles at the line, yet I never worried about Shaq with the ball at the end of the game because he had actual post moves and would usually get an and 1. When he didn't, he would usually hit the free throws, even when he was missing them earlier in the game.

Look at his post season numbers in the biggest series of his career and get back to me. You're talking about end of game situations.....I'm speaking about an entire series

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his post season numbers in the biggest series of his career and get back to me. You're talking about end of game situations.....I'm speaking about an entire series

When all of those pretty numbers get him a ring, get back to me.

Again, despite his numbers, he's won nothing. You know as well as I do, those end of game situations mean everything in a tight series.

Look at the playoff numbers that guys like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, Timmy, etc. have put up over their careers. Without their performances at the end of games, all of those pretty numbers are just that, pretty numbers.

Before he actually won titles, the knock on Lebron was that he didn't come through late in playoff games. This despite the fact that he has always put up some eye popping numbers in the playoffs. Not having rings pretty much rendered all of his great numbers meaningless until he actually won a couple.

Ask yourself this, what good are his playoff numbers if the end result is no rings?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all of those pretty numbers get him a ring, get back to me.

Again, despite his numbers, he's won nothing. You know as well as I do, those end of game situations mean everything in a tight series.

Look at the playoff numbers that guys like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, Timmy, etc. have put up over their careers. Without their performances at the end of games, all of those pretty numbers are just that, pretty numbers.

Before he actually won titles, the knock on Lebron was that he didn't come through late in playoff games. This despite the fact that he has always put up some eye popping numbers in the playoffs. Not having rings pretty much rendered all of his great numbers meaningless until he actually won a couple.

Ask yourself this, what good are his playoff numbers if the end result is no rings?

He can't help it if he's never on a championship caliber roster.....Not every player is as lucky as Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, or Wade where they go through a few years surrounding by amazing talent and future HOF. I don't think any of those 4 win a title if the 2nd best player on their team for most of their career was Jameer Nelson/Hedo Turklou

Basketball is a team sport. You can't win anything on your own so you need to have at least 1 or 2 other players on your team who will be a future HOF. The only team in the last 15-20 years to win a title with fewer than 2 future HOF were the 2004 Pistons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't help it if he's never on a championship caliber roster.....Not every player is as lucky as Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, or Wade where they go through a few years surrounding by amazing talent and future HOF. I don't think any of those 4 win a title if the 2nd best player on their team for most of their career was Jameer Nelson/Hedo Turklou

Basketball is a team sport. You can't win anything on your own so you need to have at least 1 or 2 other players on your team who will be a future HOF. The only team in the last 15-20 years to win a title with fewer than 2 future HOF were the 2004 Pistons.

That's exactly the point, he's content to just wait for pieces to land around him or to go to a team that is already a contender instead of busting his ass to get better. Shaq and Kobe didn't get thrown together and start winning titles. They worked on and improved their games, learned from their losses and tried to get better. Shaq took the opportunity to learn from some of the greats in the game like Kareem and Hakeem. Kobe did the same. In fact, Kobe used to talk to greats from other teams during games and ask them questions about how they prepared, what they worked on, etc. When has Dwight ever done that?

If he worked on his game like guys like Shaq and Timmy, who both had some of the same weaknesses as Dwight, he may very well have already won a title because his improvement may have been enough to get his team over the hump and/or may have inspired his teammates to get better. Even if he hadn't you wouldn't be on here posting about how Houston needs another player because Dwight would have that covered.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan are u saying I cannot suggest this is an old topic being hashed out. Please explain your logic

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan are u saying I cannot suggest this is an old topic being hashed out. Please explain your logic

It really shouldn't be that difficult to figure out.

You have come in to this thread to complain about it being an old topic and feel the need criticize those discussing it. Whether it's an old topic or not, folks are discussing it. The thread title accurately describes the content, so it's not like you clicked on it without knowing what the content would be.

Like I said, if you feel it's an old topic and not worthy of discussion, stay out of the thread. No one is forcing you to read it or comment on it.

Not sure what your issue is other than perhaps you lack the self control to stop yourself from commenting on things that you feel are old and not worthy of discussion. Especially if that topic is brought up by a Lakers fan.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trojan. I see your point and I know you now see mine. I respect your intelligence to see the real argument . Well done . How u reflect on it is yours to ponder. I stop posting on this three as of now .

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that people think he's Shaq, it's that he thinks he's better than Shaq and he's not. Refusing help from Nash and multiple Lakers legends proves that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trojan. I see your point and I know you now see mine. I respect your intelligence to see the real argument . Well done . How u reflect on it is yours to ponder. I stop posting on this three as of now .

No problem with posting on it. If you have something to add other than "this is an old topic" or "Lakers fans only think this because they are bitter" when others are saying the same thing, then feel free to post it.

If Lakers fans were in here making shit up and claiming things like "Dwight isn't as good on defense as he gets credit for" or "Dwight is the worst center in league", you'd have a point about bitterness. However, nothing that has been said about the flaws in his game and his lack of improvement has been disputed here.