• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Dwight Win Even One Championship In His Career

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your question is genuine and not asked out of bitterness he didn't want to stay in LA? Sure seems like it is based on your posts? If Dwight was 2 yrs from retirement, I would say I don't like his chances of winning a ring. Not easy to predict what the league will be like in 5+ years. I will say no anyway to getting a ring.

ps-I don't care about anything Byron Scott says.

To be honest - I thought and still do that he is a better fit in Houston then with the Lakers. After watching him play for an entire season, what I observed is that he wants to go out and play ball and have fun. He is not really super serious or determined to win a championship like Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant which is fine, but that is only part of it. My observation of Houston was Yao Ming and McGrady to build a great team, but not the best team in the NBA. I think they have done an excellent job of duplicating that, but I think that's as far as they ever will go with their building and I doubt that they ever do better. For those reasons I serious doubt that Dwight will win a championship. I think he would have to change his attitude and quite possibly teams. If he went to Miami for example and player with Bosh, Deng and Wade - wow - would they ever be good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny Trojan. The obsession on Dwight s game by Lakers posters continues. It's just getting old and you of all people hate seeing the same old discussion brought up.
\

Kind of like your obsession with what Lakers fans think? Is that the kind of obsession you're talking about?

If it were only Lakers fans who were saying Dwight's game hasn't improved or that he won't win a title, then you might have a point. However, since it's not, you don't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Dwight ever had a championship roster? You guys hate on him for not winning a title but he has never had a championship quality roster. Even the Orlando team that he made the finals with was not a championship quality roster.

The problem with Dwight is people want/expect him to be something he's not. People is expecting him to be Shaq but he's not that.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan did you read the other posts on this thread ? I think many are observing what I am suggesting as well. Also, relax, it's a message board.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has Dwight ever had a championship roster? You guys hate on him for not winning a title but he has never had a championship quality roster. Even the Orlando team that he made the finals with was not a championship quality roster.

The problem with Dwight is people want/expect him to be something he's not. People is expecting him to be Shaq but he's not that.

He went to the finals and played the Lakers in 2009 didn't he. I thought the Orlando Magic was a pretty good team. The problem was that his team relied on the 3 point shot that series a little to much and the Lakers did a nice job of guarding that shot. With no outside shooting, Howard has never been as effective as I think he could be in the paint which is the reason coaches like Byron Scott don't believe he will ever win. He just seems to lack the will and determination to get better and be aggressive

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason I don't believe that Howard will ever win a championship though is not because I think Howard lacks the skill and talent in himself, but also because I don't believe Houston will ever give him all of the players he needs to win a championship. Houston did the same thing with Yao Ming and McGrady. There is a pattern there - just look at it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is claiming he's had a championship roster. We're just saying that he hasn't improved his offensive game and he won't win a title. Dwight wants to be a leader and thinks he has it all figured out, yet he shows no leadership qualities. That's why he won't win a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan did you read the other posts on this thread ? I think many are observing what I am suggesting as well. Also, relax, it's a message board.

You mean the Hawks fan who asked about the child abuse allegations and the Thunder fan who said no he won't win a title?

Or the Piston's fan arguing with TLF about how important the best record is?

If your talking about Gooch and bks, all I can say is if those 2 are who you're counting on as observing what you are, you should just give up message boards altogether.

Like I said, if there is an obsession, it's you obsessing over what Lakers fans think and needing to constantly make the same comments over and over again.

If you're bothered by what Lakers fans think about Dwight, their re-build or anything else, feel free to stay out of those threads.

As to the bolded. You start that shit up and you won't have to worry about responding to what Lakers fans post anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Howard playoffs numbers shows that Byron Scott doesn't know what he's talking about. I can't see into the future so I don't know if Howard, durant, paul, Blake, or melo will win a title

What playoff number is that, the zero rings number? Because at the end of the day, that's the only number that matters.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What playoff number is that, the zero rings number? Because at the end of the day, that's the only number that matters.

So that's the reason Barkley, Ewing, Durant, Malone, Chris Paul, and several other HOF/future HOF did not win championships? Because they lacked drive and determination?

It's hard to win titles when the 2nd best player for most of your career was Jameer Nelson

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to go back and do more research - there was a team with the 7th or 8th seed that won a championship, but I am talking about in the history of the game - there have been many teams without the best record to go on and win a championship. The Lakers was one of them. Dallas got blown out in the first round one year and so the did the Spurs. The last five seasons means nothing over time and six years straight is no guaranteed

There has never been a 7 or 8 seed who has won a championship according to this site
NBA Finals: Winners by Seed | SPORTS LIST OF THE DAY
One 6 seed, one 4 seed, the remainder were 3 seed or higher. Yes, many teams did not have THE best record, but almost all have a very good regular season record.
The Lakers have not won it without being a 3 seed or higher, only the Celtics and Rockets.
There is your history of the game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is claiming he's had a championship roster. We're just saying that he hasn't improved his offensive game and he won't win a title. Dwight wants to be a leader and thinks he has it all figured out, yet he shows no leadership qualities. That's why he won't win a title.

Since all the Lakers fans know he won't win a title in final 8-10 years of his career. Can you guys give me the lottery numbers for tonight?

Seriously let's stop acting like we can predict the future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that's the reason Barkley, Ewing, Durant, Malone, Chris Paul, and several other HOF/future HOF did not win championships? Because they lacked drive and determination?

It's hard to win titles when the 2nd best player for most of your career was Jameer Nelson

Are you really that dumb? Really? Who said anything about any of those guys not having the drive and determination to win? This conversation is about Dwight.

Each of those players that you listed worked on their games and made obvious improvements over the years. Dwight is the same player he was in Orlando. The fact that you think Dwight's name even belongs in a conversation with those guys pretty much relieves you of any credibility.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since all the Lakers fans know he won't win a title in final 8-10 years of his career. Can you guys give me the lottery numbers for tonight?

Seriously let's stop acting like we can predict the future.

Yeah, because no one on here ever predicts anything. Maybe you'd be better off posting on blackplanet.com, because you sure aren't bringing much here.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really that dumb? Really? Who said anything about any of those guys not having the drive and determination to win? This conversation is about Dwight.

Each of those players that you listed worked on their games and made obvious improvements over the years. Dwight is the same player he was in Orlando. The fact that you think Dwight's name even belongs in a conversation with those guys pretty much relieves you of any credibility.

I wish I could give this one a two thumbs up so I think I will now - I guess he missed my post where I pointed out that not all of my reasons for thinking Howard will have a hard time winning a championship in Houston is OPPORTUNITY. Houston has about the same team and same game they had with Yao Ming and McGrady when both were healthy and I haven't seen them even try to make significant improvements. Mediocre upgrades at the best. In the Eastern Conference - Houston would most likely go to the finals this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because no one on here ever predicts anything. Maybe you'd be better off posting on blackplanet.com, because you sure aren't bringing much here.

Yeah people predict a few months down the road but predicting 8-10 nba seasons when none of us have a clue how any roster will look 3 years from today is a bit much

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is that not even one person in here(for all of the whining and bitching about being obsessed and etc about D.H) has said they honestly believe that Howard will win a championship or more

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is that not even one person in here(for all of the whining and bitching about being obsessed and etc about D.H) has said they honestly believe that Howard will win a championship or more

Most of us can't see into the future several years down the road.They have a solid team in Houston but probably need a new coach and one more player to be considered legit title contenders. As for this year team, solid team but the ceiling for them is probably WCF....2nd round exit is most likely

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah people predict a few months down the road but predicting 8-10 nba seasons when none of us have a clue how any roster will look 3 years from today is a bit much

That's bullshit too. Or has no one predicted that Lebron will be the GOAT? People make predictions that far out all of the time, especially when there is significant data to back it up. This is Dwight's 10th season and he's the same player with the same strengths and the same weaknesses. 10 years into his career and he still has no go to move, still can't hit free throws and still can't be counted on late in games because of it.

Sorry, but 10 years of virtually zero improvement speaks for itself. He is just starting on the downside of his prime years and likely only has about 3-4 years left at his current level of play. What has he shown in 10 years that indicates that he'll figure things out in the next 3-4?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bullshit too. Or has no one predicted that Lebron will be the GOAT? People make predictions that far out all of the time, especially when there is significant data to back it up. This is Dwight's 10th season and he's the same player with the same strengths and the same weaknesses. 10 years into his career and he still has no go to move, still can't hit free throws and still can't be counted on late in games because of it.

Sorry, but 10 years of virtually zero improvement speaks for itself. He is just starting on the downside of his prime years and likely only has about 3-4 years left at his current level of play. What has he shown in 10 years that indicates that he'll figure things out in the next 3-4?

I totally agree but Dwight not making any improvements to his game. Houston is actually a great situation for him to win a championship. He needed to be on a team where he is not the man and he has that here in Houston as it is Harden's team. They need one more piece and must get rid of McHale and they'll be contenders