• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will D'antoni Ever Coach In The NBA Again?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Scott brought the Nets to the finals when the East was extremely weak.

I don't Scott is that good of a coach either

He's better than D'antoni ever would be in his wildest fantasies though and he's better than Mike Brown was. Name me one coach that was available and better than Scott at the time he was hired.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair Scott brought the Nets to the finals when the East was extremely weak.

If you ever use that argument again I swear to god :lol:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than D'antoni ever would be in his wildest fantasies though and he's better than Mike Brown was. Name me one coach that was available and better than Scott at the time he was hired.

Your last sentence is irrelevant to the post you quoted. I don't care who was available. I just don't think byron scott is a great coach and nothing you can say will change my mind

And just for the record I would've taken George karl over him....anyday of the week.

He had 3 solid years as a coach. His coaching record is really really shitty. I believe it is 420-534 and only making it out of the 1st round 3 times.

I don't either coach is very good but I do think dantoni system can be very successful in this league if you get him the right players. He has a much better coaching record than scott btw

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last sentence is irrelevant to the post you quoted. I don't care who was available. I just don't think byron scott is a great coach and nothing you can say will change my mind

And just for the record I would've taken George karl over him....anyday of the week.

He had 3 solid years as a coach. His coaching record is really really shitty. I believe it is 420-534 and only making it out of the 1st round 3 times.

I don't either coach is very good but I do think dantoni system can be very successful in this league if you get him the right players. He has a much better coaching record than scott btw

Hell, I would have taken George Karl or Jerry Sloan over Byron Scott - I might crazy, but I am not stupid and crazy. I think Karl would have been a better fit than Sloan though. At this point though the Lakers don't really need a better coach than Scott and with James Worthy and Kareem stepping in to help, I think Scott has the potential to be a good coach.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That explains the Heat making 4 straight finals too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Byron was also handed some pretty shitty teams. Don't forget, he took over as coach of the Cavs just as Lebron was taking his talents to South Beach. I can't help but wonder if he would have still taken that job if he knew Lebron was leaving.

Most of D'Antoni's wins came when he was with the Suns and had players that fit his system perfectly, including the perfect point guard to put it all together.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike D in Philly! His...We don't need no stinkin' defense approach to coaching would pretty much guarantee the 76ers an 0-82 season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron was also handed some pretty shitty teams. Don't forget, he took over as coach of the Cavs just as Lebron was taking his talents to South Beach. I can't help but wonder if he would have still taken that job if he knew Lebron was leaving.

Most of D'Antoni's wins came when he was with the Suns and had players that fit his system perfectly, including the perfect point guard to put it all together.

Yeah dantoni can be great if he has the perfect point guard surrounded with shooters & a big guy to run pick & roll. He would do great with the clippers

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think he gets another chance.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D'antoni being hired by the Laker's was one of the worst coaching hires in all of professional sport's history. I can't imagine him ever finding an NBA top gig again. Who would hire a guy that doesn't coach defense?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to think he gets another chance.

Why?

The positive offensive ideas he initially brought to the game in Phoenix is being done league wide in a better fashion than he ever did them. He brings nothing to the table anymore. And as he proved in LA, he is absolutely incapable of adapting to the talent around him and the systems now in place throughout the league.

This guy had THE best big man tandem in the league in LA and he didn't have a clue on how to use them. He just rigidly stuck to "his system". And that brought about the downfall of one of the most successful franchises of the last 15 years. He took over a powerhouse and now thanks in large part to him that franchise is now 5 years away at best from sniffing the playoffs again.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34127145.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have preferred Hollins, but the Lakers took too long. Scott was the best available man at the time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

The positive offensive ideas he initially brought to the game in Phoenix is being done league wide in a better fashion than he ever did them. He brings nothing to the table anymore. And as he proved in LA, he is absolutely incapable of adapting to the talent around him and the systems now in place throughout the league.

This guy had THE best big man tandem in the league in LA and he didn't have a clue on how to use them. He just rigidly stuck to "his system". And that brought about the downfall of one of the most successful franchises of the last 15 years. He took over a powerhouse and now thanks in large part to him that franchise is now 5 years away at best from sniffing the playoffs again.

On a young team like Utah and Milwaukee (they have coaches, just using them as an example) he'd be a good fit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a young team like Utah and Milwaukee (they have coaches, just using them as an example) he'd be a good fit.

I agree. Give him a bunch of athletic kids, let him teach them his system and turn 'em loose. I don't know how much winning they'd do, but it would be fun to watch.