• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wild idea

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) no, he's expecting you to negotiate
2) maybe
3) how much is a buttload?
4) no, Brees will just retire
5) a)WTF? Go from one of the genuine good guys for Florida ghetto trash? FHRITP?
b) Are you talking Garrapolo or Carr? Or you talking Mettenberger? Who is young and promising?
6) Keep negotiating and you will sign him.....

At the end of the day they'll sign him IMO, it's going be more then folks will like, but he's worth it.

As for 5a, I don't recommend that option, which is why I have a 5b.
As for 5b, never even thought of Garrapolo. I was thinking more Carr, Bridgewater and as a long shot Mettenberger.

What is a buttload? Depends on who the young QB their getting. At least a couple of #1 picks. I got to say seeing the talk of Rivers getting traded for the #2 pick and hearing that the Chargers would have to throw in picks makes me think a trade just isn't in play for Seahawks.
I just as soon this stare down end and get RW signed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day they'll sign him IMO, it's going be more then folks will like, but he's worth it.

As for 5a, I don't recommend that option, which is why I have a 5b.
As for 5b, never even thought of Garrapolo. I was thinking more Carr, Bridgewater and as a long shot Mettenberger.

What is a buttload? Depends on who the young QB their getting. At least a couple of #1 picks. I got to say seeing the talk of Rivers getting traded for the #2 pick and hearing that the Chargers would have to throw in picks makes me think a trade just isn't in play for Seahawks.
I just as soon this stare down end and get RW signed.
And he will be signed.
This is all we have to talk about until the draft (except the investigation results 2 days before)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he will be signed.
This is all we have to talk about until the draft (except the investigation results 2 days before)
Yup, which is why it's driving me crazy. Bring on the draft.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoot I let a Pats fan derail this thread. This thread is about RW not Tom frigging Brady. I'm going to keeping a closer eye on NWPatsfans from here on in. Seems he loves parking his butt here on the Seahawks board to argue and derail threads.
Now let's get back to what this thread was about. RW contract and what options do the Seahawks have.

1) give in to what he's asking for
2) play hard ball, let him play out his last year, then franchise tag him, unless he is willing to meet them half way?
3) Trade for a young but promising QB and a butt load of draft choices.
4) Trade him for a aging QB like Bree's and a butt load of draft choices.
5) a Trade TB for the # 1 pick plus some picks then
a)draft Winston and cross your fingers his character issues doesn't derail him.
b) trade that pick for a young but promising QB plus even more picks.

Their may be more options feel free to add them if you think of one.

Discuss.
Russell will sign a contract with Seattle and all parties will be happy. He loves it here and loves everything about the Seahawks.
Guys, this is HIS TEAM and he knows it.
Relax, it is going to happen.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at most of the boards. As you're well aware the main, Pats, and Hawk boards are the most active so I spend and post most times there. I do frequent the Hawks board regularly. Not posting near as much as I observe. When there is a subject I feel passionate about I jump in. Sometimes it's one single post, others times it's one like this. No agenda/no chip just a different viewpoint. Again I don't come as a troll. I enjoy this site and always welcome healthy banter.
FWIW, I believe this board encourages fans from other teams coming here and bringing up many debates and opposing views.
An awareness of being on enemy turf is recommended.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I believe this board encourages fans from other teams coming here and bringing up many debates and opposing views.
An awareness of being on enemy turf is recommended.
Oh Hell, guys. He's harmless. I appreciate you guys welcome intelligent disagreement. I also realize the thread got derailed. We really need something to argue about. I made significant comment to the OP's post and got very little interest because I generally agree with most of you. Can we get the damn draft going, please!!!!!
Thanks for being good hosts.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody bored yet?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onto the draft it is. Good luck in the draft. This draft had tons of potential. Luckily neither of us needs a QB

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy with an one O and D lineman that can start and be impact players. After that all is gravy.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like 4 o-line, 4 d-line, 2 db's and 1wr/kr. I really want some depth on those lines.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like 4 o-line, 4 d-line, 2 db's and 1wr/kr. I really want some depth on those lines.

I feel like they have good depth on the d-line. Unfortunately depth only goes so far, once you get to the bottom of the chart there's not much you can do.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they have good depth on the d-line. Unfortunately depth only goes so far, once you get to the bottom of the chart there's not much you can do.

What we need more then ever if for both lines to stay healthy and jell together.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need more then ever if for both lines to stay healthy and jell together.
Health for both OL and DL? I like it......but when was the last time that has happened? Mmm I say it was overdue, let it happen!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health for both OL and DL? I like it......but when was the last time that has happened? Mmm I say it was overdue, let it happen!

I can't remember either. If I had to choose 1, I choose the o-line for a full healthy season. Sonny is correct about depth on the d-line so not too worried about them but just imagine a healthy o-line for RW and Lynch, oh hell look out.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were healthy in the playoffs in 2013.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were healthy in the playoffs in 2013.
Which was sweet. Plenty of injuries to the line during the regular season. Nice timing that they got healthy in time for the playoffs.