• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wide Receivers: Who makes final roster

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players are cut or not re-signed for a volume of reasons. It doesn't always indicate just one particular vice or weakness. Sometimes it's salary, sometimes it's characters, sometimes it's age, sometimes it's talent, etc.

Browner was overall good in Seattle and helped get the LOB to be a thing that now pretty much every NFL fan can identify, but he had two big problems: PED bust and penalties. So him not returning after the SB48 season didn't tell us the same thing that Walter Thurmond not returning told us.
Browner was well-liked in NE. His not being offered a contract means what he brought was not as valued as what he cost. We signed him before the rules change. My point remains, if you are undecided what to think about a receiver's one good day, think about both guys that covered him in that one good game being cut......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner was well-liked in NE. His not being offered a contract means what he brought was not as valued as what he cost. We signed him before the rules change. My point remains, if you are undecided what to think about a receiver's one good day, think about both guys that covered him in that one good game being cut......
IDK, seems like a cap issue. He got a job no problem.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to say why exactly BB isn't back in NE, but my point also remains: there are enough reasons why players don't get re-signed (or why they get cut) that when it happens, it doesn't validate the one reason why *you* think it happened.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson Will be on the PUP list so you need to add one more, Also i feel the Hawks won't go into the season with only 4 healthy WR ( Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette and Lockett ). I see no reason for them to not carry 6 healthy WR and PUP Richardson who very well might not even make the field this coming season.

man i thought he was ready to go, does anybody know the time table for his return? so we wont see rich for the first 6 weeks of the season?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man i thought he was ready to go, does anybody know the time table for his return? so we wont see rich for the first 6 weeks of the season?
Yeah, I think that's the time line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Richardson has not even got on the field yet, I see him being put on the PUP list as almost a 100% certainty. This is not the first time he has had this injury on the same leg and that means a even longer recovery time ( Most of the time ). I also feel he may be taken off the Pup list in week 6 but then they have something like 3 weeks after that ( or is it 2? ) to activate him. Then i feel it's going to be another 2 to 3 weeks before he see's more than a handful of plays per game.

I really do not expect to see him full time till the end of the season if even then.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have high hopes for Chris Mathews... I think he has potential to be really good .. Love the fact that he brings us fade route options on the outside... That's something we haven't had since Sidney Rice... We also have another fade route option with Jimmy... So important to have that option.. That's something Russ is really good at also

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really excited to see what Tyler Lockett can do as a wr, but more on special teams. I think with good numbers as a wr and I predict a couple of special teams TD's he could be rookie of the yr canidate.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Richardson was just catching his stride when he got injured. I think he can be something special. Wilson hasn't had anyone able to stretch the field since he's been here. With Locket/Richardson spreading the field and Graham attacking the middle Wilson's going to have a field day.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin
Matthews
Kearse
T Lockett
R Lockette
Norwood

PUP Richardson

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locks: (3) Doug Baldwin, Chris Matthews, Tyler Lockett,
PUP: (1) Paul Richardson
Bubble: (5) Jermaine Kearse, Kevin Norwood, Ricardo Lockette, BJ Daniels, Kasen Williams
Cut/PS: (3) Kevin Smith, Douglas McNeil, Deshon Foxx,
I don't think Kearse is a lock. He's set to make ~$2.3 Million on his RFA tender, and at that number he needs to show more consistency. If Richardson is PUP'd, my guess is Kearse stays. If not though, I wouldn't be shocked if he's cut.

My best guess right now is we keep 6 with Richardson PUP'd:
Baldwin, Matthews, Lockett, Kearse, Norwood, Daniels

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Locks: (3) Doug Baldwin, Chris Matthews, Tyler Lockett,
PUP: (1) Paul Richardson
Bubble: (5) Jermaine Kearse, Kevin Norwood, Ricardo Lockette, BJ Daniels, Kasen Williams
Cut/PS: (3) Kevin Smith, Douglas McNeil, Deshon Foxx,
I don't think Kearse is a lock. He's set to make ~$2.3 Million on his RFA tender, and at that number he needs to show more consistency. If Richardson is PUP'd, my guess is Kearse stays. If not though, I wouldn't be shocked if he's cut.

My best guess right now is we keep 6 with Richardson PUP'd:
Baldwin, Matthews, Lockett, Kearse, Norwood, Daniels

BJ Daniels has been playing a lot of WR but he will be the 3rd QB before he takes a roster spot away from a WR. Not to mention i doubt he could beat out Lockette, someone with more years at WR and a true special teams stud.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJ Daniels has been playing a lot of WR but he will be the 3rd QB before he takes a roster spot away from a WR. Not to mention i doubt he could beat out Lockette, someone with more years at WR and a true special teams stud.

That WR spot is a) 90% special teams and b) likely to go away when Richardson comes off the PUP. Lockette
- is a pretty bad WR, so Daniels wouldn't be much of a downgrade
- will cost more thanks to his years of service (it's not much more as he was still an ERFA but it's still more)
- may have his salary if he's on the 53 for week 1 (I'm not sure what the years of service cutoff is for that)

Plus Daniels offers the 3rd QB flexibility

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That WR spot is a) 90% special teams and b) likely to go away when Richardson comes off the PUP. Lockette
- is a pretty bad WR, so Daniels wouldn't be much of a downgrade
- will cost more thanks to his years of service (it's not much more as he was still an ERFA but it's still more)
- may have his salary if he's on the 53 for week 1 (I'm not sure what the years of service cutoff is for that)

Plus Daniels offers the 3rd QB flexibility
They carried BJ as a 3rd QB last season, he will be in that spot again and if not he will be cut before lockette. Yes that WR spot is most likely a 90% Special teams player and Lockette is one of the leagues BEST gunners and kick coverage guys not just the best one on the Seahawks but one of the best in the ENTIRE NFL period. Paul Richardson won't play this season, you heard it first here.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lockette was among the best steamers in 2013. Last year he seemed to slip some. Not bad, just not special anymore.

And Daniels was on the practice squad until Richardson got hurt in the playoffs IIRC. I think he's out of psquad eligibility.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lockette was among the best steamers in 2013. Last year he seemed to slip some. Not bad, just not special anymore.

And Daniels was on the practice squad until Richardson got hurt in the playoffs IIRC. I think he's out of psquad eligibility.

O.O what team where you watching? He was one of the lone bright spots on special teams last season ( they sucked as a whole.) He also should have been playing in the field more often if you ask me as he was one of the only WR that actually got separation more often than not. I feel bad for him because of what happened in the superbowl and they ( coaches *Bevell* ) used him as an escape goat for the worst call in the history of the superbowl. He forced a ton of fair catches last season because of what he did in 2013, sure he didn't get to blow as many people up but that's because "they watched film" and new Lockette was a stud gunner who then got the lions share of doubled coverage on punts and kicks. They were spying him because he is such a stud on special teams. The "all 22" film you can watch is a great tool to see whats going on, you should try it this year and it doesn't cost all that much, this year it's $24.99 for the whole season and playoffs. Lockette lead the team in Yards per rec, and TD per Rec last season. 3rd in total rec TD for someone that barely saw the field is not bad.

and here is a little snipit of some Lockette highlights.

Lockette may not be a lock but he is pretty close to a sure thing because of his outstanding special teams play. Lockette must also be a handful for the coaches in practice because something is holding him back from more playing time. When you watch the coaches film and see him out there you just wonder "why is he not playing more?"

Last edited:

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs sloppy routes, gets bodied off his spot pretty easily, and at times gives up on the play of he's not the primary option.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.O what team where you watching? He was one of the lone bright spots on special teams last season ( they sucked as a whole.) He also should have been playing in the field more often if you ask me as he was one of the only WR that actually got separation more often than not. I feel bad for him because of what happened in the superbowl and they ( coaches *Bevell* ) used him as an escape goat for the worst call in the history of the superbowl. He forced a ton of fair catches last season because of what he did in 2013, sure he didn't get to blow as many people up but that's because "they watched film" and new Lockette was a stud gunner who then got the lions share of doubled coverage on punts and kicks. They were spying him because he is such a stud on special teams. The "all 22" film you can watch is a great tool to see whats going on, you should try it this year and it doesn't cost all that much, this year it's $24.99 for the whole season and playoffs. Lockette lead the team in Yards per rec, and TD per Rec last season. 3rd in total rec TD for someone that barely saw the field is not bad.

and here is a little snipit of some Lockette highlights.

Lockette may not be a lock but he is pretty close to a sure thing because of his outstanding special teams play. Lockette must also be a handful for the coaches in practice because something is holding him back from more playing time. When you watch the coaches film and see him out there you just wonder "why is he not playing more?"

Love Lockette. The way they've used him on offense is one of the few issues I've had with the coaching decisions for the team. I don't see that changing, but I do see him as our best special team cover player (especially since this past season Lane just completely disappeared) and that will always have a place on Pete's field position philosophy.

As for the video - couldn't watch it. After the 5th or so n word in the first 30 seconds (not to mention all the other language crap) I just couldn't enjoy the video.