• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wide Receivers: Who makes final roster

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right now we have 12 WR's on the roster. I do not think we are keeping more than 7. Who do you think will be on the final roster.

Here is my approximate order for who makes the roster and who does not.
Doug Baldwin- Locked in
Jermaine Kearse- Locked in
Chris Matthews- Locked in
Paul Richardson- Locked in
Ricardo Lockette- not locked in, but has been with the team long enough that I don't think they want to let him go
Tyler Locket- Almost locked in because of return game, still needs to perform
Kevin norwood- Didn't show a lot last year, but it is always easier once you've made it once. Still, his position is at risk.

I don't know a lot
Kevin Smith- Giving a local guy a shot,can't see him beating everyone out
Douglas Mcneil- Not a lot of upside, be surprised if he makes it ahead of anyone listed above him
BJ Daniels- qb turned wr.
Deshon Foxx- I know very little about him but 3 td's senior year does not jump out at you
Kasen Williams- real threat to take a spot, but was really not very good senior season. Before that he was explosive, so a complete wild card to me

Anyone see something I don't?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know a lot...quoting the above.

Looks to me like you are in the know about Seattle's roster.
I expect Richardson to start the year on the PUP. That way the Seahawks get to keep his rights without taking up a roster spot assuming PR cant start the year due to injury.
I do not consider Matthews a lock.
Kasen Williams will push.
Locket makes the team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett ( for PR and KR ) are the sure locks to me.
Lockette, Mathews and Norwood i think are as close to locks as you can get with PR going on the PUP.

Foxx and Williams i think are locks for the PS unless they release one for another player pickup.

BJ Daniels i think makes the team as the #3 QB and another option at WR.

So in Short Our WR's for 2015 are
Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Lockette, *Mathews and *Norwood. ( 6 ) Richardson on PUP.

* one of these guys could be replaced by one of the rookies if he really shines.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin, Kearse and Lockett ( for PR and KR ) are the sure locks to me.
Lockette, Mathews and Norwood i think are as close to locks as you can get with PR going on the PUP.

Foxx and Williams i think are locks for the PS unless they release one for another player pickup.

BJ Daniels i think makes the team as the #3 QB and another option at WR.

So in Short Our WR's for 2015 are
Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Lockette, *Mathews and *Norwood. ( 6 ) Richardson on PUP.

* one of these guys could be replaced by one of the rookies if he really shines.
Sounds right. It would be nice if Tyler Lockette, or Norwood or Matthews could really shine.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know a lot...quoting the above.

Looks to me like you are in the know about Seattle's roster.
I expect Richardson to start the year on the PUP. That way the Seahawks get to keep his rights without taking up a roster spot assuming PR cant start the year due to injury.
I do not consider Matthews a lock.
Kasen Williams will push.
Locket makes the team.

I swear when I typed that I wrote "I don't know a lot about these guys." Anyway, I based my assessment of Matthews on what the 710 guys say about him. They have said he looks really good in ota's and they believe the top three are Kearse, Baldwin, and Matthews. Carroll has always liked a big guy who you can "throw open." Just put it up there and let him come down with it. And I still can't explain his Super Bowl performance. He either had the best game of his life or the coaches were holding him out so we had a secret weapon. Based on that performance alone I think he makes it based on what we saw.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, both locketts because of tylers return game and ricardos ability to run downfield and hunt down opposing returners. Norwood and mathews will compete to make the rosters but probably be practice squad players. I mean you have to expect for players to get hurt so we will see all these guys on the field.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, both locketts because of tylers return game and ricardos ability to run downfield and hunt down opposing returners. Norwood and mathews will compete to make the rosters but probably be practice squad players. I mean you have to expect for players to get hurt so we will see all these guys on the field.

Paul Richardson Will be on the PUP list so you need to add one more, Also i feel the Hawks won't go into the season with only 4 healthy WR ( Baldwin, Kearse, Lockette and Lockett ). I see no reason for them to not carry 6 healthy WR and PUP Richardson who very well might not even make the field this coming season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear when I typed that I wrote "I don't know a lot about these guys." Anyway, I based my assessment of Matthews on what the 710 guys say about him. They have said he looks really good in ota's and they believe the top three are Kearse, Baldwin, and Matthews. Carroll has always liked a big guy who you can "throw open." Just put it up there and let him come down with it. And I still can't explain his Super Bowl performance. He either had the best game of his life or the coaches were holding him out so we had a secret weapon. Based on that performance alone I think he makes it based on what we saw.
My concern with guys like Matthews that come out of nowhere is they might become a flash in the pan once DC's get a chance to take him out of the game. Look at Matthews results once Bellichek figured out to put a big corner (Browner) on him in the SB. Ski..tah. Zilch.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm intrigued by BJ Daniels potentially being our #7 wr. Gives me some flashbacks to Randle El and that extra element that he brought to the table. Although razzle dazzles will never come to fruition with our O-Line allowing pressure consistently

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett runs excellent routes and just finds ways to get open. To me it'll be a surprise if he's not out there on WR early in the season. We need guys that can 'just get open'. The knock on Lockett is his hands (catches with body) and size. But those are often not the issue for slot receivers. Slot needs to quickly get open and have enough speed to make linebackers pay when Ds are not running the nickel or dime out there.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern with guys like Matthews that come out of nowhere is they might become a flash in the pan once DC's get a chance to take him out of the game. Look at Matthews results once Bellichek figured out to put a big corner (Browner) on him in the SB. Ski..tah. Zilch.

Exactly. There are a lot of rookie WR's around the league that will perform well early and then get gamed.
Arrington defending Matthews was so bad we let him go.
Arrington is now a Baltimore "star" He will be a great slot defender until he gets drawn to the outside by scheme.
Then the CB will be gamed just like the rookie WR's (most, but not all)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my concerns also with Matthews, but who knows, he was good up north so maybe this is his chance to shine.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much my concerns also with Matthews, but who knows, he was good up north so maybe this is his chance to shine.

No doubt my friend that this will be the best chance he will ever get.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Matthews results once Bellichek figured out to put a big corner (Browner) on him in the SB. Ski..tah. Zilch.

To be fair, there aren't many CBs that are as big and physical as Browner. Matthews would still be overpowering and have 4 to 6 inches on a vast majority of CBs in the league. Now, if he could just show he can do more than just fades - that would be nice.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at our cast of wide receivers I think the only one that is truly locked in is Doug Baldwin. Kearse is likely to make the team given his experience and familiarity but his talent is close enough with the other receivers where guys like Matthews, T. Lockett, R. Lockette, Norwood, BJ Daniels, etc. could outperform him and pose a threat for his spot on the roster.

I think Tyler Lockett will make an immediate impact for the Hawks. Ricardo should make the team given his value on the special teams and as a receiver he is solid enough to keep on and utilize in certain situations. Matthews and Norwood will probably make the final two spots to round out 6 wr. One of those guys will probably go to the practice squad once Richardson returns.

My prediction for our wrs in this upcoming season

Doug Baldwin - I believe he will go over 1000 yards this year. Adding Jimmy Graham will open up the field for Baldwin and give him the space to get big chunks of yards

Jermaine Kearse - About the same as last year 450-550 yards with 3-4 tds

Tyler Lockett - Only 400 yards receiving, but a consistent threat on special teams not only posing the threat for the big run but consistently getting us good field position

Ricardo Lockette - 300-350 yards with 1 td. He'll be the immediate 3rd wr given his familiarity with the offense and will get more balls his way with Richardson out early on and Tyler Lockett likely to go through a learning curve to begin the year

Chris Matthews - Will probably end up with only 200-250 yards receiving but 5-6 tds and some crucial catches in the red zone

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett is a lock to make this team... For one, the team moved up in the draft to grab him... They're not going to cut him this year...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, there aren't many CBs that are as big and physical as Browner. Matthews would still be overpowering and have 4 to 6 inches on a vast majority of CBs in the league. Now, if he could just show he can do more than just fades - that would be nice.
The fact that Arrington and Browner were shown the door should tell you something.....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Browner were shown the door should tell you something.....

Yes, that the Patriots weren't willing to play a CB who leads the NFL in penalties in just 8 games played. Doesn't change the fact that he's the biggest, most physical CB in the league - kind've actually supports it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Lockett is a lock to make this team... For one, the team moved up in the draft to grab him... They're not going to cut him this year...
Yep, he's probably the biggest lock of them all. No way do you put that much draft stock in a guy only to cut him. Baldwin would go before him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Arrington and Browner were shown the door should tell you something.....
Players are cut or not re-signed for a volume of reasons. It doesn't always indicate just one particular vice or weakness. Sometimes it's salary, sometimes it's characters, sometimes it's age, sometimes it's talent, etc.

Browner was overall good in Seattle and helped get the LOB to be a thing that now pretty much every NFL fan can identify, but he had two big problems: PED bust and penalties. So him not returning after the SB48 season didn't tell us the same thing that Walter Thurmond not returning told us.