• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why we need a 8 team playoff

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we need a 8 team playoff is so that teams can earn their spot on the field. This way we don't have to go through any "resume" bs. I don't know any other sport where a committee determines who makes the playoff. CBB doesn't count cause they let in 68 teams and champions get an automatic berth.

P5 conference champions
Highest ranked G5 conference champion
2 wildcards

If anyone complains about not being a wildcard, tough shit, you didn't win your conference. The best team doesn't always win the championship but they win the championship on field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we need a 8 team playoff is so that teams can earn their spot on the field. This way we don't have to go through any "resume" bs. I don't know any other sport where a committee determines who makes the playoff. CBB doesn't count cause they let in 68 teams and champions get an automatic berth.

P5 conference champions
2 wildcards

If anyone complains about not being a wildcard, tough shit, you didn't win your conference.
NCAA wants the controversy and talk. It all dies down when inviting three loss teams to the table.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to go to something like that.
Has to.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fine how it is. Everybody controls their own destiny. Don't lose and your in. If you do lose make sure it is to a good team and you schedule a tough non conference schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fine how it is. Everybody controls their own destiny. Don't lose and your in. If you do lose make sure it is to a good team and you schedule a tough non conference schedule.
Everyone controls their own destiny unless you are Western Michigan.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...and when they go to 8 teams fans 9 thru 20 will bitch and moan that we need more... no, it's the way it is and if you don't like it, support your team and get them the wins they need...that would be pay for players, build training facilities, bribe committee members or whatever else you need to do...

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

P5 conference champions
2 wildcards

If anyone complains about not being a wildcard, tough shit, you didn't win your conference. The best team doesn't always win the championship but they win the championship on field.
We just need to get rid of divisions and match up 2 best teams in a conference for championship games. If that happens no questions who should get in.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has perfect record except Western Michigan and Alabama so we should just leave it up to subjective measures? What other sport rewards teams places team based on subjective measures only?

Alabama is the best team this year but the best part about sports is the best team doesn't always win.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it goes to 8 then sooner or later half the top 25 will go. It's bad enough that there are so many Bowl games. Peace.
Slippery slop fallacy. I'm only arguing for the top 8 only so we can have an objective determination for the playoffs.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

8 team playoff would completely ruin the regular season

and almost every year 2 loss teams would make it

honestly if you lose 2 games you have no business in the playoff... plain and simple