• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Russell Wilson isn't elite yet - ESPN Insider

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh sure..it's that simple. :L

Using the patented Rock Strongo assessment system, it really is that simple.

It's how Jimmy Garoppolo is already one of of the better QBs in the league.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1999 Tom Brady had 323 pass attempts. Drew Henson had 45.
In 1999 Tom Brady had 295 pass attempts. Drew Henson had 89.

Yeah, split time.

I actually did watch as I follow Michigan. But my game to game memory of football games from 16 years ago gets a little hazy

Yup. Massive huge error that I said 5th and not 6th. Completely discredits my point because a 6th round draft pick is a complete unknown while everyone knows that 3rd round draft pick QBs are usually locks.

Brady capped that season with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl. In the 1999 season, Brady had to once again hold off Henson for the starting job. The two platooned over the season's first seven games, with Brady playing the first quarter, Henson the second and Carr then deciding upon a quarterback for the second half. The 1999 Michigan Wolverines started off 5-0, including a 26-22 win over Notre Dame and a road win against eventual powerhouse Wisconsin. Against Michigan State, Brady was not chosen to play the second half but was reinserted into the game with Michigan down 17; he nearly led Michigan all the way back before losing 34-31. After a 300-yard passing game the following week, Carr went exclusively with Brady for the remainder of the season.

watch football. its fun.

and yes, false information renders any attempt at a point moot.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
benout.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the patented Rock Strongo assessment system, it really is that simple.

It's how Jimmy Garoppolo is already one of of the better QBs in the league.
your assessment of my evaluation system is grossly flawed.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good lord its like im teaching you football history.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady capped that season with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl. In the 1999 season, Brady had to once again hold off Henson for the starting job. The two platooned over the season's first seven games, with Brady playing the first quarter, Henson the second and Carr then deciding upon a quarterback for the second half. The 1999 Michigan Wolverines started off 5-0, including a 26-22 win over Notre Dame and a road win against eventual powerhouse Wisconsin. Against Michigan State, Brady was not chosen to play the second half but was reinserted into the game with Michigan down 17; he nearly led Michigan all the way back before losing 34-31. After a 300-yard passing game the following week, Carr went exclusively with Brady for the remainder of the season.

watch football. its fun.

and yes, false information renders any attempt at a point moot.

Well as long as Wikipedia tells you something, that is definitive.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as long as Wikipedia tells you something, that is definitive.
want another source? theres hundreds...

Flashback: Teammates reflect on Tom Brady-Drew Henson battle, David Terrells rise to fame - The Michigan Daily

For half of the 1999 season, Michigan coach Lloyd Carr split snaps between Tom Brady and Drew Henson at quarterback. Henson would start the first quarter, Brady the second quarter and the hot hand would take over the second half.

The decision to split snaps was a controversial one among the Michigan fan base. Here’s how a few members of the team felt about the quarterback battle:

Ian Gold, senior linebacker: “Do you want the draft horse or the quarter horse to run the race? We look at it today and see how much success the draft horse has had and it’s a no-brainer. But you had this young quarter horse coming in, looking pretty, running fast, slinging the ball like Tom’s slinging it today.”

Drew Henson, sophomore quarterback: “After Michigan State, we had a stretch run for the Big Ten. For continuity’s sake and trying to win the league, we were just going to go with Tom to start in November.

“I knew the next year was going to be my year. Tom and I had a really good working relationship anyway.”

Bennie Joppru, freshman tight end: “I don’t know how many teams have an ongoing quarterback controversy and end up the No. 5 team in the country.

“I thought both were great quarterbacks. Drew was in my class, so in the back of your head you want your closer friend to be the guy (to start) — Drew was one of my best friends on the team, so obviously I pulled for him — but at the end of the day we just wanted to win football games.”

Jason Kapsner, senior quarterback: “Being a day-in-day-out observer as a quarterback in practice everyday watching this, for me it was really never a decision: It was always Tom’s job. I think Tom earned the job in practice everyday and I think Drew was not ready at that point. He wasn’t the leader of the team, he hadn’t earned it in practice, but for reasons that were there, there was a lot of pressure to play Drew.”

David Terrell, sophomore receiver: “Drew was a great quarterback. Tom was a great quarterback. At that time, to be straight up with you, it was more or less like: ‘Throw Drew in there.’ But it was Tom’s team. Tom played the majority of snaps.”

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good lord its like im teaching you football history.

Too funny. Not only are you perhaps the biggest homer here, you also are so in love with your own arguments you don't even care to have them be even a little coherent.

How much Michigan football have you watched? Do you know why Tom Brady was drafted so late?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for more on football, message me.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Not only are you perhaps the biggest homer here, you also are so in love with your own arguments you don't even care to have them be even a little coherent.

How much Michigan football have you watched? Do you know why Tom Brady was drafted so late?
he had a shit combine and all of the scouting reports on him were terrible. too slow, weak arm, etc. his 40 time was in the high 6's...lineman are faster.

again, for more on football message me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for half of one season, they sorta split snaps? Wow. Truly compelling.

Henson was a top prospect. No question about that. He would have been a sure fire 1st rounder had he no made the mistake to choose baseball.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt going well for you.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for half of one season, they sorta split snaps? Wow. Truly compelling.

Henson was a top prospect. No question about that. He would have been a sure fire 1st rounder had he no made the mistake to choose baseball.
yup.

henson was one of the countries top recruits.

brady was 7th on michigans depth chart when he got there. 7th.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had a shit combine and all of the scouting reports on him were terrible. too slow, weak arm, etc. his 40 time was in the high 6's...lineman are faster.

So at least you are starting to get to he REAL reason why Brady went in the 6th. It had nothing to do with him splitting time with Henson. It had almost everything to do with scouts thinking he was too slow.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at least you are starting to get to he REAL reason why Brady went in the 6th. It had nothing to do with him splitting time with Henson. It had almost everything to do with scouts thinking he was too slow.
i never said it had anything to do with henson splitting time with him, i just pointed out thats the case (which you didnt know, its cute).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt going well for you.

I seem to have to say this a lot here, but when people feel the need to tell you how much they are winning an argument, it almost ALWAYS means they aren't.

Your entire premise was that Tom Brady was some unknown while Wilson was considered a legit prospect. The truth of the matter is that both of them had huge question marks. Brady because he was slow and Wilson because he was short.

To argue otherwise is simply idiotic and the only people that would do something like that are people that are complete Patriot homers with some bizarre hatred of the Seahawks.

I really don't get why Patriot fans hate the Seahawks. I honestly couldn't give two shits about the Patriots unless we are playing them. But to each their own.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to have to say this a lot here, but when people feel the need to tell you how much they are winning an argument, it almost ALWAYS means they aren't.

Your entire premise was that Tom Brady was some unknown while Wilson was considered a legit prospect. The truth of the matter is that both of them had huge question marks. Brady because he was slow and Wilson because he was short.

To argue otherwise is simply idiotic and the only people that would do something like that are people that are complete Patriot homers with some bizarre hatred of the Seahawks.

I really don't get why Patriot fans hate the Seahawks. I honestly couldn't give two shits about the Patriots unless we are playing them. But to each their own.
no, im kicking your dick in.

badly.

"they split time?"

then "oh, your source"...

hilarious back tracking.

i also never said wilson was a prospect, i simply said where he was drafted (i said 2nd, i was off). i made no indication of "prospect"...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said it had anything to do with henson splitting time with him, i just pointed out thats the case (which you didnt know, its cute).

Split time to the tune of 25% of the pass attempts. A stat.....

You know what? I honestly don't care enough about this argument anymore. You'll argue anything and love to argue the minutiae so that you can claim some weird victory.

You win. Hope it makes you feel better today.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Split time to the tune of 25% of the pass attempts. A stat.....

You know what? I honestly don't care enough about this argument anymore. You'll argue anything and love to argue the minutiae so that you can claim some weird victory.

You win. Hope it makes you feel better today.
so, youre tapping out again?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?

henson and brady notoriously split time. henson got into 7 games in 98 and 9 in 99. "starting" was just the guy taking opening snaps.

you DID watch right?

and accuracy is key, so yes...6th vs 5th is a big error on your part.

Henson..what a worthless piece of shit that Dallas wasted a 3rd round pick on in '04.