• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Russell Wilson isn't elite yet - ESPN Insider

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, im kicking your dick in.

badly.

"they split time?"

then "oh, your source"...

hilarious back tracking.

i also never said wilson was a prospect, i simply said where he was drafted (i said 2nd, i was off). i made no indication of "prospect"...

Funny how when you said 2nd and I corrected you and said 3rd, I didn't feel some need to tell you how huge the mistake was. Because in adult conversation, it's ok that people make mistakes. Granted I shouldn't confuse Internet arguments with adult conversation. That's a flaw I have.

Secondly I honestly don't give a shit about Tom Brady's college career at this point. And I sure don't care to do engage in a Google fight with someone who was likely about 10 years old when he was in college.

You win.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henson..what a worthless piece of shit that Dallas wasted a 3rd round pick on in '04.

He should never have gone to play baseball. Ruined his football career.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how when you said 2nd and I corrected you and said 3rd, I didn't feel some need to tell you how huge the mistake was. Because in adult conversation, it's ok that people make mistakes. Granted I shouldn't confuse Internet arguments with adult conversation. That's a flaw I have.

Secondly I honestly don't give a shit about Tom Brady's college career at this point. And I sure don't care to do engage in a Google fight with someone who was likely about 10 years old when he was in college.

You win.
i thought you were running away again?

PS i was 23 when brady was in college. i watched a lot.

nothing beats the old "moms basement" or" you were 8 when that happened" backfires. its a sure fire sign of the downtrodden.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyway
Using one stat is almost always a loser. I get that ESPN wants to hype their stat but it is just one of many.

Last year, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck had essentially the same QBR rating. Yet Joyner isn't writing articles about how Luck isn't elite.

Meanwhile, Eli Manning had a markedly better rating, 7 points higher than Luck and 8 higher than Wilson. Would anyone have seriously taken Manning last year over either of them? Manning's numbers are inflated because he had some huge plays to Beckham.

I think QBR is a pretty interesting stat but it is hardly definitive.

Well put. It definitely is an interesting stat that tries to summarize most of what a QB does in one number, but clearly isn't going to just tell you who the best QBs are by looking at how they ranked. All these stats need to be taken as one small piece of a bigger pie - like yardage and YPA and TD/Int ratio, etc. To act as if any one stat is the "be all end all" is foolish. To act like the stat is the 'most useless head scratching DUMB stat of all time' because I don't like where my guy is rated is also foolish. RW just isn't ever going to be a huge stat guy unless Sea changes what they do. He has one stat that he is judged by as far as Sea fans are concerned and that is wins and he's doing pretty good there! I don't think he is elite at all (very few are), be he sure is a damn good QB and he sure is worth the money he'll likely get to SEATTLE. Would he be worth it on another team? Who knows, but I'm sure if Sea let him go a shitload of teams would pay him to find out...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyway

Well put. It definitely is an interesting stat that tries to summarize most of what a QB does in one number, but clearly isn't going to just tell you who the best QBs are by looking at how they ranked. All these stats need to be taken as one small piece of a bigger pie - like yardage and YPA and TD/Int ratio, etc. To act as if any one stat is the "be all end all" is foolish. To act like the stat is the 'most useless head scratching DUMB stat of all time' because I don't like where my guy is rated is also foolish. RW just isn't ever going to be a huge stat guy unless Sea changes what they do. He has one stat that he is judged by as far as Sea fans are concerned and that is wins and he's doing pretty good there! I don't think he is elite at all (very few are), be he sure is a damn good QB and he sure is worth the money he'll likely get to SEATTLE. Would he be worth it on another team? Who knows, but I'm sure if Sea let him go a shitload of teams would pay him to find out...
well, ESPN made up QBR...actually, scott van pelt did.

yeah...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought you were running away again?

PS i was 23 when brady was in college. i watched a lot.

nothing beats the old "moms basement" or" you were 8 when that happened" backfires. its a sure fire sign of the downtrodden.

.............and another Rocktroll thread goes flying off the rails!

images

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, ESPN made up QBR...actually, scott van pelt did.

yeah...

Every stat was made up by someone at one time...

The only thing the stat definitively tells me is that Romo is the best QB in the league!!!:yes:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth be told, if Wilson were to hit the open market he would get the largest contract in NFL history. Regardless of whether he is a system QB or not, he is a very good QB and vastly better than at least half the QBs in the NFL. So if you are the owner/GM of one of those teams you will do whatever it takes to get a guy like Wilson. Or Luck. Or Tannehill. Or Newton.

It's just the way the league is structured.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every stat was made up by someone at one time...

The only thing the stat definitively tells me is that Romo is the best QB in the league!!!:yes:
yeah, but scott ven pelt?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for the worst play call in the history of American professional sports in the Super Bowl, Russell Wilson is widely considered to be elite and Tom Brady retires in utter disgrace.

That one play changed the entire scene of the league.

Or something like that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else think hammers gonna be at bradys canton induction with a bucket of red paint?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's the thing, how many articles has this guy written about other QB's who "aren't elite"? The very fact that he felt he needed to write an entire ESPN article to tell people RW isn't elite seems to be proof that he's at the very least in the discussion for it. I mean if it was so glaringly obvious he not "elite" there wouldn't need to be a scientific diagnosis of some very specific stats in order to disprove it would there? To paraphrase Shakespeare: "I believe the writer doth protest too much".

I would guess this article being written has everything to do with the fact that Wilson is in a battle for possibly the largest contract in NFL history. If that is the case then usually you want the player to be elite if you are going to dish out that kind of money. I would bet that when Luck becomes available to sign that new contract that similar articles will come out of whether he is worthy to get paid more than a guy like Rodgers.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess this article being written has everything to do with the fact that Wilson is in a battle for possibly the largest contract in NFL history. If that is the case then usually you want the player to be elite if you are going to dish out that kind of money. I would bet that when Luck becomes available to sign that new contract that similar articles will come out of whether he is worthy to get paid more than a guy like Rodgers.

You could be right, but just the same I don't recall any articles recently that went out of their way to prove Cam Newton is not "elite" and he sure got elite style money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could be right, but just the same I don't recall any articles recently that went out of their way to prove Cam Newton is not "elite" and he sure got elite style money.

I agree but Cam doesn't get the same attention that Wilson does so obviously any writer would know any article about Wilson is going to get more clicks than just about any QB out there. I guess to me Seahawks fans should be happy to see such an article come out in the sense that they have a QB worth talking about and even being thought by some to be in that elite category. Obviously this type of article doesn't come out unless somebody is thinking he does deserve to be in that category with the top QB's. At this point stats while helpful can be shown to prove any point. With Wilson he is the type of QB that usual QB stats just don't work. He isn't a typical drop back QB in this league. It is why teams seem to struggle to figure out how to defend him. I mean I remember when the Seahawks played the Broncos earlier this past year and in overtime I think everybody knew what type of play was coming in overtime of Wilson dropping back and making one read and if it wasn't there working to the outside buying more time and running if needed. The Broncos called a linebacker blitz off the edge and had him perfect to only see him sidestep a guy and run for the first down to keep the game winning drive in overtime alive. Without that little move and 5-yard run who knows how that game ends. So those little things don't always show up in the stats like they should.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if ESPN Insider says so...

:rollseyes: