• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Michigan will win 10 games in 2015 - ESPN Insider

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to go check your facts again. Rudock was benched because they were just trying to do something, not because he was statistically bad. The guys who were bad were basically the rest of the offense. The QB they put in did significantly worse than Rudock. Rudock finished in the top half of all big ten QB's in pretty much every statistic and was top 3 in many significant ones.

You may want to check your own facts.

As for Rudock being in the top half of B1G QB's, you realize that doesn't necessarily make him good? Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska and Indiana were all heavy running teams. Purdue has no qb. Illinois' the same. Penn State had no o line. Hackenburg is much more talented than Rudock is. We all know Michigan's qb problems last year. After Ohio State and MSU the leagues qb's were pretty terrible as a whole.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for Rudock being in the top half of B1G QB's, you realize that doesn't necessarily make him good? Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska and Indiana were all heavy running teams. Purdue has no qb. Illinois' the same. Penn State had no o line. Hackenburg is much more talented than Rudock is. We all know Michigan's qb problems last year. After Ohio State and MSU the leagues qb's were pretty terrible as a whole.

Rodock's stats are good alone, even when you compare them nationally. Certainly not the best, but he has a completion percentage above 60% and a low interception total. Should be a huge improvement over Gardner. And Iowa's backup will be a significant downgrade from Rudock (assuming they play the guy who replaced him last year).

Hackenburg is statistically worse than Rudock.

Hackenburg:
55.8% completion percentage, 2977 yards, 6.2 yards per attempt, 12TDS and 15 INTS

Rudock:
61.7% completion percentage, 2436 yards, 7.1 yards per attempt, 16TDs and 5 INTS

Yeah, but he's "better"....right.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio State and Michigan State do have the 4 best QBs in the conference unless you ask MnB, then Michigan has the best 11 QBs in the country, all of which are Heisman candidates.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were trying to spark something in the offense, and it didn't work. They were just desperate and, despite their attempts, their problems were not on QB -- it was the rest of the offense.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodock's stats are good alone, even when you compare them nationally. Certainly not the best, but he has a completion percentage above 60% and a low interception total. Should be a huge improvement over Gardner. And Iowa's backup will be a significant downgrade from Rudock (assuming they play the guy who replaced him last year).

Hackenburg:
55.8% completion percentage, 2977 yards, 6.2 yards per attempt, 12TDS and 15 INTS

Rudock:
61.7% completion percentage, 2436 yards, 7.1 yards per attempt, 16TDs and 5 INTS

You are assuming that Iowa's backup did not improve during the off season after so few starts.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are assuming that Iowa's backup did not improve during the off season after so few starts.
Iowa's backup played in 9 games. And he probably will improve, but so would Rudock.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa's backup played in 9 games. And he probably will improve, but so would Rudock.
C.J. Beathard has about 120 atts in game while Rudock has almost 700. The room for improvement is well in favor of Beathard and not Rudock.

Last edited:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hackenburg:

Rudock:

Lol. You're so delusional if you even think about taking rudock over Hackenburg. There's a reason hackenburg is a projected top 10 pick and rudock may not even start at Michigan.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like 8 or 9 win club to me than a 10 win club.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Beathard has about 120 atts in game while Rudock has almost 700. The room for improvement is well in favor of Beathard and not Rudock.
Harbaugh gives 563.7% improvement

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gauging his improvement on his stats with Iowa and a change of scenery with Michigan. But you're theory is flawed because you're looking through one dimension and failing to factor in all the variables. The stats you are hinging on are based on his time as the QB of Iowa. If you cross reference the stats of the Defenses he faced while at Iowa the stats you are relying on are sub par and unimpressive. Cross reference them further with the stats of the defenses he will be facing with Michigan such as OSU,Michigan State,Utah,etc.... As well as the Stats of the Michigan players he will be working with and you may not be so enthusiastic about you're projection. Which is all it really is. As far as the current big QB's JT Barret and Connor Cook lead the pack and are proven.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to go check your facts again. Rudock was benched because they were just trying to do something, not because he was statistically bad. The guys who were bad were basically the rest of the offense. The QB they put in did significantly worse than Rudock. Rudock finished in the top half of all big ten QB's in pretty much every statistic and was top 3 in many significant ones.

No my friend, you need to go check your facts -

Iowa AD talks Jake Rudock's Michigan transfer, as grad transfer debate rages on | MLive.com

"I've had great conversations with Jake, Jake's a great kid and he did what the rules allow," Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said. "I wish Jake had stayed at Iowa. He's a tremendous quarterback. It was announced he was beat out and he made a decision, but it was within the rules..."

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No my friend, you need to go check your facts -

Iowa AD talks Jake Rudock's Michigan transfer, as grad transfer debate rages on | MLive.com

"I've had great conversations with Jake, Jake's a great kid and he did what the rules allow," Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said. "I wish Jake had stayed at Iowa. He's a tremendous quarterback. It was announced he was beat out and he made a decision, but it was within the rules..."
I read the same thing kid lost his starting spot.I'm still not certain maize understands facts. I think that was shown in his perception of stats in relation to Rudock and within his defenses of Harbaugh and attacks on Meyer. Realistically Rudock is a gamble not a lock just as realistically Michigan does not win 10 games.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the same thing kid lost his starting spot.I'm still not certain maize understands facts. I think that was shown in his perception of stats in relation to Rudock and within his defenses of Harbaugh and attacks on Meyer. Realistically Rudock is a gamble not a lock just as realistically Michigan does not win 10 games.

He seems like he'd rather stick to his guns and not admit he's wrong rather than just admit when he's wrong and save face.

It is a message board, afterall.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like he'd rather stick to his guns and not admit he's wrong rather than just admit when he's wrong and save face.

It is a message board, afterall.
I'm not sure he realizes your words hold more weight when the have substance.Ranting and putting a spin on statistics and events involving the team you follow is for band wagon fans. Digging deep into the core and holding meaningful unbiased conversations are the mark of a true fan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he realizes your words hold more weight when the have substance.Ranting and putting a spin on statistics and events involving the team you follow is for band wagon fans. Digging deep into the core and holding meaningful unbiased conversations are the mark of a true fan.

It also helps when your team isn't horrible and you have a leg to stand on

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps when your team isn't horrible and you have a leg to stand on
True I've been through some rough years and great years with SC. But I actually find the great years to be A little rougher. The influx of band wagon fans,hype and attention can get old fast.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are supposed to make your predictions based on Wolverine fans blind homerism. Harbaugh is going to do what Brady couldn't and go 19-0 and the rest of the B1G will go 0-12. Step up your game yo. Facts have no place here on the Hoop. Grab your glass of Maize and Blue Kool-Aid and enjoy the ride.
20 and 0 and Harbaugh is winning the Heisman

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe someone took the time to write this whole entire article. Look how long it is! It only had to be one word/name. The reason why they can win 10? Harbaugh...