• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Minnesota for 4 Games August 24-27

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch it. I just saw the results. I mean you walk Gallo who is below the Mendoza line that is complete incompetence. And the thing that drives me crazy is he has the stuff.
What I remember from earlier this year when he was sent down was outings like this one as well where he was getting pitches over the plate… and getting hammered. The guy has been given ample opportunity. I don’t need to see any more.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into next year, I think we need several additions. This time be smart about it. Go with the prospects we have in AA and AAA who look like they may be able to help. Pursue only free agents and trades for the positions you don't have prospects available for. Don't spend for spending's sake. Spend to fill holes you cannot fill from our upper levels.
What positions are we going to need to fill next year and which do we bring up and which do we sign or trade for? I read that we need a bullpen with a closer and we basically have 2 worth keeping that leaves 6 holes with 1 being a closer. We need a couple of quality bats, one of which needs to be an outfielder and the other a full time DH. We’re also going to need a backup catcher, a 4th OF’er & a 2nd utility player. Name your poison

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What positions are we going to need to fill next year and which do we bring up and which do we sign or trade for? I read that we need a bullpen with a closer and we basically have 2 worth keeping that leaves 6 holes with 1 being a closer. We need a couple of quality bats, one of which needs to be an outfielder and the other a full time DH. We’re also going to need a backup catcher, a 4th OF’er & a 2nd utility player. Name your poison
Get the best 5 relievers you can find via trade or free agency. Those cannot be filled from within. I doubt any money would be left after that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a starter preferably lefty

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a starter preferably lefty
I don't require a starting pitcher before those 5 pen spots. I would go in-house for that. My plan is to spend on what I know we don't have.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a RF with a .907 OPS.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230827_212608_First Pitch.jpg

All of these guys except Ornelas and Whatley have had good to great years this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Abimelec Ortiz be promoted to Frisco so we can see if he is one year or two years away.

Same thing for Carter to go to Round Rock.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can move Adolis or Leody for pitching. I am listening

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can move Adolis or Leody for pitching. I am listening
I wonder if the Reds would listen to offers for Alexis Diaz

Adolis
Leody
Speas
Church
Foscue
Teodo

For

Diaz

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leaving this here for future reference. Adam Morris is convinced.

Beware of Blaine Crim.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the best 5 relievers you can find via trade or free agency. Those cannot be filled from within. I doubt any money would be left after that.
Sadly, you are correct here. They are essentially going to have to go out and buy almost an entire bullpen. And this is the 3rd off-season in a row where they’ve had to do such a thing.

Two seasons ago, we went out and bought our 2 most dangerous hitters, since we didn’t have any elite hitting to speak of. Only reason we have a competent 1 and 2 spot in the lineup is because Ray Davis decided to open his wallet.

Then last season we had to go out and buy virtually an entire starting rotation- De Grom, Odorizzi, Eovaldi, Heaney, and then pile on 2 more via trade just to have a decent rotation. Without more financing from Ray Davis, we would be looking at Martin Perez, Jon Gray, and I guess maybe Otto and Bradford. Again, the only reason we even have a Major League rotation is Ray Davis’ wallet.

And now we have to spend a chunk of change just so our 2024 bullpen isn’t a complete joke.

We have had to essentially buy a decent team because our former GM and his team of scouts and minor league coordinators did such an utterly reprehensible job of scouting, drafting, and developing players. These last few drafts and a few savvy international signings have boosted our hopes for the future. But the 10-15 years before that were almost completely wasted.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to keep in mind that we have lost our two best starting pitchers. The front office bandaged a bullpen together and we lost Seager for a while and then Heim and Jung. We were playing a lot of young guys at the highest level of baseball and they have been productive at times. Yet we were in 1st place until today after blowing who knows how many saves. One veteran in Chapman has blown both of Montgomery's last 2 starts. So I agree with Saddles that we have to bolster the pen. Next year we will have Jung and a healthy Heim back. JP probably needs to stay up. I am not that excited about any position players at RR but am about those at some of the lower levels. deGrom will be back at about the same time he came back with the Mets last year and he was lights out. We need to keep Montgomery if possible. If we can keep our heads above water until deGrom is back then look out. Our starting pitching and hopefully a revamped BP could take us all the way.
So I know it's frustrating but regardless of the outcome this year I think it is a stepping stone to success in the years to come.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might add that I think Langford is a legit player when he arrives in the big leagues much like Jung has become.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless things change drastically, I don't see why Montgomery would want to come back here. He has to be much more frustrated that we are.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless things change drastically, I don't see why Montgomery would want to come back here. He has to be much more frustrated that we are.
Depends on what we do with the pen. And how well he meshes with the team as a whole. I wouldn't necessarily count him out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mainly on the strength of their position players, as their pitching is not that great.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what we do with the pen. And how well he meshes with the team as a whole. I wouldn't necessarily count him out.
They had better be swift to fix the pen or someone will gobble him up quickly.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mainly on the strength of their position players, as their pitching is not that great.
I realize that but I just don't see any of them being an upgrade at the positions we need. Not saying I couldn't be wrong but when we needed help with a catcher Huff hasn't filled the bill even though he's doing well at RR.