• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why hating LeBron as a man is unjustified

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not paraphrasing, that's editorializing.

He said "at the end of the day you all go back to your lives and I go back to mine."

Now my turn to editorialize.

What he meant was that at the end of the day, the outcome of a game doesn't really change your life as a fan of even as a player. You can root for or against an athlete, and you get some level of entertainment/enjoyment/disappointment out of it, but eventually you step back into your life and it is what it always was.

The phrasing of it, combined with people's own defensiveness about their shitty lives, made people think he was contrasting his life quality with the life quality of fans, when really he was comparing them.

And that message of "dont let sports results define your life" is the same one he repeats today in almost every press conference... He's just gotten better at articulating it.

either way it hardly excuses his poor attitude...

sorry...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love his preparation and maintenance of his body.

I hate his political ignorance an sjw.

I also hate him for wearing ridiculous suit shorts. Wear tube socks and he looks like Steve Urkel.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a casual nba fan he brings awe everytime i watch him, few athletes can do that,ever

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize literally every superstar in the league has done something on the court or said something to the media that wasn't the smartest.

Rather them do that instead of out here committing real crimes in the real world

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't a good look either...

Ohh wow that is awful, just awful. To your boy MJ that would be like nothing. Lebron is a saint compared to him on the court and off

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw someone post this on Facebook:

LeBron grew up poor. He was basically homeless for a significant portion of his childhood. He had little formal education, few role models and limited training.

He married his high school sweet heart. Never arrested. Never used drugs. Never embarrassed his wife with side chic stories. Never in the news with so much as a parking ticket. He has been a great father, heavily involved with kids activities and he has been the best player on the planet for the last decade.

If we are truly being honest with ourselves, I doubt anybody here would be able to live as trouble free a life as LeBron if they had the same background, the big money, and all the media scrutiny LeBron is forced to endure. It is pretty amazing, really.
1. So what if LeBron grew up poor - so what, so did a lot of other people and he wasn't the only one to marry his high school sweet heart. He may be honest, and all of that shit, but he is conceited, arrogant and claims to be something he isn't. He is not the King - he is merely a basketball player in the NBA like the hundreds of other players that have been there and done that. He is not the first player to be the best player in the NBA in his years in the NBA and he is not the greatest of all time ever. The reason that people hate him is because of his arrogance.

2. Hating LeBron may be unjustified to you being that you're too busy slurping his nuts, but in the eyes of those that don't like LeBron - It is justified and it really does not matter what the LeBron slurpers don't like or call unjustified.

3. Get over it already - It's not like the dude did anything in his life for you.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I will never stop hating Horry.

That lousy, shooting from the corner as time expires, asshole.

Also hate Shaun Elliot's kidneys.
Yeah, Horry will be in the memory of Lakers fans for many years and hated by many for the same - :pound:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a bit much as a player sometimes but as a man he comes across as being a good guy. No need to hate anyone on a personal level unless they did something drastic to you.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little formal education?

I'm a fan of LeBron, but he went to a private school. And admittedly smoked pot. Let's not canonize him because he grew up poor.

What he lacked as a child, was not love. And that is the most important thing. His mother deserves credit for raising a child to respect others and value relationships. He knows who is friends are.

Which is what scares me about Rob Pelinka.
Besides that everybody has a story - everyone came from somewhere - LeBron had a talent and used it to make millions of dollars while others went to school and are lucky to earn 100K a year and others less than that but Education isn't about who went to school sometimes - you can educate yourself without going to school. I prepared for college in high school and went to Europe in one year and drew credit to one full semester for a two week trip because the high school system considered that equally as educational as being in a call for 4.5 months. The amount of schooling a person gets doesn't always mean something

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw someone post this on Facebook:

LeBron grew up poor. He was basically homeless for a significant portion of his childhood. He had little formal education, few role models and limited training.

He married his high school sweet heart. Never arrested. Never used drugs. Never embarrassed his wife with side chic stories. Never in the news with so much as a parking ticket. He has been a great father, heavily involved with kids activities and he has been the best player on the planet for the last decade.

If we are truly being honest with ourselves, I doubt anybody here would be able to live as trouble free a life as LeBron if they had the same background, the big money, and all the media scrutiny LeBron is forced to endure. It is pretty amazing, really.

I get what you are saying. And the fact that he is under constant scrutiny and this does not reveal any skeletons in his closet is certainly commendable in an age where most celebrities and athletes do not seem to care. However, having grown up and lived 25-30 mins from the Akron area there are a few items that need to be corrected. Yes, James grew up poor, but he was far from homeless. In fact, much of his teenaged life was spent living with a coach who took guardianship of him. His mother was notorious for "pimping" him out for her own benefits which continued into the early years of his career. Second, while in high school he was already receiving benefits of a world class athlete. He got a free education from St. Vincent-St. Mary, a private school in Akron. Second, he was also driving a brand new Hummer (when Hummers were a thing) courtesy of a school booster.

I agree that hating him as a person because of your fanship is wrong, but I also think letting the legend of him pulling himself up by his bootstraps single handedly is not right either.