• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Hasn't the NCAA Cancelled The Fall CFB Season For everyone?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the PC term is "Fall sports". Let's be inclusive.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

conference commissioners realizing the NCAA doesn't really have any power.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to happen anyway. The ACC, Big12, SEC are just delaying the inevitable.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear the NCAA say something. Anything worthwhile. It's basically just the same COVID stuff we have heard out of just about every organization over the past 4 months.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear the NCAA say something. Anything worthwhile. It's basically just the same COVID stuff we have heard out of just about every organization over the past 4 months.

The NCAA has been painfully quiet during all of this for sure

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has been painfully quiet during all of this for sure
You know the saying, "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." I think that also applies to not having anything intelligent to say...and the NCAA is practicing that philosophy. They are one fucked up mess. This conference is playing. That one isn't. Why the fuck do the players and coaches have to follow the NCAA's "rules" if there's nobody in charge in the first place? Oh, you say Mark Emmert is....? Bullshit. The NCAA is a goddamn embarrassment.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to happen anyway. The ACC, Big12, SEC are just delaying the inevitable.
LOL @ all the B1G'ers and PAC12 fans giving you ribbons for this. :tongue:

"Yeah!!! That's right!!!"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They really don't have the authority to do that. It's up to each conference.

Because of their own hubris, stupidity and terrible and inconsistent way they have handled some high profile issues over the past 20ish years or so, they have effectively neutered themselves with re: to college football. Especially the P5 conferences.

In fact, they were talking about this on Dan Patrick this morning and were saying that Mark Emmert won't even do interviews.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no no no. Plus, NCAA and Emmert are a black hole when it comes to leadership.

And, and...just leave us alone! :lm:

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the saying, "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all." I think that also applies to not having anything intelligent to say...and the NCAA is practicing that philosophy. They are one fucked up mess. This conference is playing. That one isn't. Why the fuck do the players and coaches have to follow the NCAA's "rules" if there's nobody in charge in the first place? Oh, you say Mark Emmert is....? Bullshit. The NCAA is a goddamn embarrassment.

This all smells of politics. Not conference type politics but GOP/Dem politics.

Look at who is playing and who isn't. Barry Alvarez at Whisky isn't speaking too kindly of the Big10.
OSU is pissed off. Nebraska is vowing to play somewhere. Many of the others are just shutting
their mouths. On a Political Map, the entire South is Red...and they are vowing to play.

I'll use an example of different priorities. College Baseball Players usually spend their summers playing
for a couple of months in these summer leagues that are all over the Country. The premier League is
the Cape Cod League. They cancelled their entire season. The Florida Collegiate Summer League played
their entire season. (It completed last week) Now it is just 6 or 7 teams in Central Florida, but they had no
players catch the virus and they don't live in a bubble. Volunteer families take a player into their home for
the summer league. They really never draw much of a crowd anyway but as far as I know folks were allowed
to attend. They played an improved brand of ball this summer because with Cape Cod clsoing down
many bigger schools sent their kids down here. FSU had 12 players spread out over the league.
This stuff is Govermors and/or state legislatures battling against each other. Colleges answer to the
State for their funding thus they take their orders from the state.

The players are better protected on campus than they would be back at home. If the colleges demanded
that they all live in the athletic dorm, they would have their own version of a "bubble" and there after hours routine
could be monitored by the coaching staff.

Unless something catastrophic occurs they are going to play,

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at who is playing and who isn't. Barry Alvarez at Whisky isn't speaking too kindly of the Big10.
OSU is pissed off. Nebraska is vowing to play somewhere. Many of the others are just shutting
their mouths. On a Political Map, the entire South is Red...and they are vowing to play.

I'll use an example of different priorities. College Baseball Players usually spend their summers playing
for a couple of months in these summer leagues that are all over the Country. The premier League is
the Cape Cod League. They cancelled their entire season. The Florida Collegiate Summer League played
their entire season. (It completed last week) Now it is just 6 or 7 teams in Central Florida, but they had no
players catch the virus and they don't live in a bubble. Volunteer families take a player into their home for
the summer league. They really never draw much of a crowd anyway but as far as I know folks were allowed
to attend. They played an improved brand of ball this summer because with Cape Cod clsoing down
many bigger schools sent their kids down here. FSU had 12 players spread out over the league.
This stuff is Govermors and/or state legislatures battling against each other. Colleges answer to the

The players are better protected on campus than they would be back at home. If the colleges demanded
that they all live in the athletic dorm, they would have their own version of a "bubble" and there after hours routine

Yep. The Big 10 and PAC upper echelons are much more likely to suffer TDS than the SEC, Big 12, ACC upper echelons.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was not aware the big 10 is a democratic state. What state do they represent?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if USC is planning anything. But I read this morning that Trojans players all showed up to practice like it was a regular day.

I don't know about GOP/Dem politics, but I think something has happened.

The PAC and B1G went from from months of building momentum towards starting the season to the point of even releasing schedules with flexibility built in, to a full stop virtually overnight.

Most seem to think it's the #WeAreUnited thing and they may be right. But that seems like a bit of an overreaction. Especially when you consider the amount of money that will be lost.