• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did the 49ers select Smith over Rodgers?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He. Will. Go. Down. As. The. Best. Ever.

I usually roll my eyes when fans say that, but Rodgers is the first QB in the last 20 years I think has a legitimate shot to be ranked up there with Joe if he has some more postseason success.

3.95 TD to Interception ratio. smiley-eek.png

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually roll my eyes when fans say that, but Rodgers is the first QB in the last 20 years I think has a legitimate shot to be ranked up there with Joe if he has some more postseason success.

3.95 TD to Interception ratio. View attachment 141310

That to me is the problem though in I don't see him getting but maybe one more Super Bowl ring. With today's set up with the Hard Cap it makes building up great depth quite the difficulty and with the Packers mentality to rarely bring in anybody from outside of the organization I think they limit their ability to build the strongest team possible. Because of that too much is put on Rodgers for the team to succeed and while he is incredible there are even limitations to the greats of what they can do.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This

Alex Smith v Aaron Rodgers was a toss up.

25- Redskins were taking a quarterback. They took Jason Campbell. They could have easily traded up ahead of the Packers (as the Raiders did with Seattle) and taken a far superior quarterback.

And the my Skins would've screwed him up like every other QB they had before. :_(