• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's legacy takes the biggest hit after losing this final?

Who's legacy takes a bigger hit?

• Durant

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Lebron

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is LeBron already proved he can handle being a hero and a villain at the highest level. Not sure about Durant yet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is LeBron already proved he can handle being a hero and a villain at the highest level. Not sure about Durant yet.

It's a good point but Durant is one of a group, not the alpha guy. It's the perfect situation for his personality, which is why he isn't going anywhere.

Stephen Jackson in an interview said he gets the sense the other players don't like Durant much, nor Curry, nor Draymond. So basically those guys are all each other has, it's them against the world. They're gonna be around a few more years together #sorrynotsorry

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have posted my list.

James 10
Irving 7.5
Love 7
Tristans importance in this series 6.5

Durant 9.5
Curry 9
Draymond 8.5
Klay 7.5

Cavs 31 Warriors 34.5

Most would agree Warriors deserve to be favorites.
Plus, they decided to value HCA.
That being said, if Cavs lose, the season is a bust.
Both teams healthy.
No excuses accepted either way as of now.

Not to mention, Warriors bench 9, Cavs bench 7 maybe

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant's should but Lebron's probably will only because there's no comparison between their relative legacies. Unless his play is sub par it would be silly to hang a loss to a team that's a fairly heavy favorite on Lebron, but it's what some people do.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's exactly my point. If some are saying well Lebron can't be criticized if they lose, after the context I gave with Kobe...then those same people, might as well let Durant slide for the 1st year of a superteam excuse.
I personally think that there's no bus big enough, that we can't throw KD under if they lose, and I also think that Lebron deserves his fair share of criticism if the Cavs lose.

Actually I think if KD loses this year -- I have no problem throwing him under the bus. OKC last year was within minutes last year of beating the Ws -- but they appeared mentally weak and lost. Then he jumped from OKC to the team that beat OKC (to the team that set NBA record for regular season wins).

I don't believe he gets a pass because it is really hard to join a new team and win.

FYI -- I think Ws will win easily.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course Durant.

If Durant doesnt win he is going to have a MISERABLE next 11 months. Every time he is interviewed, every game....it would be miserable for him- unless somehow he is great and the Warriors lose because of others (which i dont think is likely).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course Durant.

If Durant doesnt win he is going to have a MISERABLE next 11 months. Every time he is interviewed, every game....it would be miserable for him- unless somehow he is great and the Warriors lose because of others (which i dont think is likely).

Whoever loses the finals will have a miserable 11 months. These guys are competitors and hate losing. Lebron having 3 titles not going to change the way he feels over the next 11 months if they lose to the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever loses the finals will have a miserable 11 months. These guys are competitors and hate losing. Lebron having 3 titles not going to change the way he feels over the next 11 months if they lose to the Warriors.
dude every time durant would have a microphone put in his face it would be more questions -you cant win even with a stacked team? are you the best player in the league without a title? was leaving OKC worth it?

LeBron will definitely be furious and miserable- for a while- but hes not going to be subjected to 10+ months of ridicule from the media when he is already sitting on 3 titles....

its why i cant wait to see which way Durant goes- i expect him to play really really well--- but i am still interested to see- in crunch time- where his head is at and how he plays. Its gonna be a lot of fun.

Gotta say--- going to the Finals sure as hell beats going to the lotto.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude every time durant would have a microphone put in his face it would be more questions -you cant win even with a stacked team? are you the best player in the league without a title? was leaving OKC worth it?

LeBron will definitely be furious and miserable- for a while- but hes not going to be subjected to 10+ months of ridicule from the media when he is already sitting on 3 titles....

its why i cant wait to see which way Durant goes- i expect him to play really really well--- but i am still interested to see- in crunch time- where his head is at and how he plays. Its gonna be a lot of fun.

It all depends how he plays in my opinion. If Durant is clearly one of the top 2 players in the series. Let's say he avg 32 PPG on 49% shooting, shows up in big moment and etc. I don't think the media would be all over him if the Splash bros disappear and are the reason the Warriors doesn't win the final.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Its championship or bust for both of them. Both want to win equally. Both expect to win.

2. Both have more cash then they could ever spend and have lifestyles most on earth can't image. The loser will be just fine. Probaly on a banana boat 2 months from now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Wiggy on this. Durant went to GSW for one reason...to out superteam the Cavs and get a ring. If he doesn't get one, that's all he's going to be asked about.

Turnup is right that it is championship or bust for both teams. But, the media will be much harder on KD for losing than they will be on Lebron for losing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Wiggy on this. Durant went to GSW for one reason...to out superteam the Cavs and get a ring. If he doesn't get one, that's all he's going to be asked about.

Turnup is right that it is championship or bust for both teams. But, the media will be much harder on KD for losing than they will be on Lebron for losing.

Yeah I think most agreed that KD legacy takes the biggger hit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have posted my list.

James 10
Irving 7.5
Love 7
Tristans importance in this series 6.5

Durant 9.5
Curry 9
Draymond 8.5
Klay 7.5

Cavs 31 Warriors 34.5

Most would agree Warriors deserve to be favorites.
Plus, they decided to value HCA.
That being said, if Cavs lose, the season is a bust.
Both teams healthy.
No excuses accepted either way as of now.

It's funny that you mention the season will be bust if the Cavs lose but dont say the same thing about GS. GS has about 70% chance of winning. If they dont win it not only will be a bust but a total failure, especially how they lost last year. I mean it was a bust for the Spurs too even though still with the injuries.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to answer the question there is only one answer, KD. Imagine the pressure on him next year if for some reason GS cant get it done this year. Immense

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you mention the season will be bust if the Cavs lose but dont say the same thing about GS. GS has about 70% chance of winning. If they dont win it not only will be a bust but a total failure, especially how they lost last year. I mean it was a bust for the Spurs too even though still with the injuries.

The fact that the Warriors are favored isn't enough of a mention for them to be considered championship or bust?

He also said that no excuses accepted either way, which also indicates championship or bust for both teams.