• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you guys think the NBA will fare this year?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ratings, excitement, and how many people are going to tune in and care?

I think 2 years ago there was intrigue about the league and Golden States Finals run was something everyone got on board to watch and wanted to see the Warriors win the title.

Last year I think the storyline was LeBron and Cleveland getting revenge, and again that Finals was extremely entertaining and exciting as the storyline was if LeBron would lose yet again or if Golden State would repeat with their 73-9 record. In the end the Cavaliers brought a title to a much needed city.

This year? The team that made it to the finals and fell short by choking a 3-1 series lead and had a 73-9 overall regular season record adds a top notch all-star to their already stacked roster.

The Cavaliers are the same team and the East is the East.

We are basically just waiting for June to get here so we can see if the Warriors move to get Durant was enough to beat the Cavaliers in the Finals.

I know we are only a few games into a 82 game season, but so far I have zero interest in the NBA this year. Also, I am not sure if I am just utterly sports drained from the amazing story that was this MLB World Series that I have zero interest in the NBA, but I just feel like this years storylines are sorta lame. 73-9 team got better, the Cavs are the Cavs, we will see them in June.

IMO, the NBA is loaded with just 3 elite teams, Spurs, Warriors, Cavaliers. Spurs will have a remarkable regular season where they quietly have one of the best records in the NBA, then fall short somewhere in the playoffs due to their aging roster.

We already know the final chapter of this season. We are all just waiting for the last sentence.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take out the Cavs & Warriors.... and you can make a case that the 28 remaining teams (generally speaking) have some of the most parity I've ever seen since following the NBA in the early 90's. Even the bad teams (minus the Nets) all have young exciting pieces. Some good players got cut (Archie Goodwin, RJ Hunter for example) and teams are deeper than ever.

Lots of young rising stars too (Towns, Greek Freak, Booker, Russell, Porzingis, etc, etc.) One major injury to either Golden State or Cleveland (they are not immune to injury) and all of the sudden things get real interesting in whichever conference that takes place in. Nothing is set in stone, both GS and CLE have weaknesses this year as talented as they are. Boston should not be slept on either, once they are fully healthy and their pieces start to click I think they could really challenge the Cavs.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be a fun season, yeah the Warriors and Cavs look to be the best teams on paper but the games are playing on the court and not paper.