• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's legacy takes the biggest hit after losing this final?

Who's legacy takes a bigger hit?

• Durant

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Lebron

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to answer the question there is only one answer, KD. Imagine the pressure on him next year if for some reason GS cant get it done this year. Immense

The pressure is/will be on Lebron too, but for somewhat different reasons.

KD is chasing Lebron as the best player in the game. If the Warriors lose, that effectively ends that debate and if/when KD becomes the best in the game (when Lebron seriously declines or retires) he will never be seen as Lebron's equal, let alone the better player.

For Lebron, he's chasing ghosts. He wants to at least catch MJ as GOAT. If he loses, it effectively ends that discussion and probably seals his legacy behind Kareem and Magic as well.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant and it aint even close.

We have somewhat come accustom to LeBron winning some Finals and losing some Finals. No big deal really.

but Durant went to a team that was 73-9 the previous year and choked in a 3-1 series lead. If the Warriors don't win the Finals this year then Durant's legacy is forever tarnished.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KD and the Warriors don't win it this year, KD probably should go elsewhere for next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you mention the season will be bust if the Cavs lose but dont say the same thing about GS. GS has about 70% chance of winning. If they dont win it not only will be a bust but a total failure, especially how they lost last year. I mean it was a bust for the Spurs too even though still with the injuries.

Its funnier you apparently cant read and or comprehend.
Ive said all year its win or bust for both teams.
When we lost to the Spurs in season 4 here, the Spurs played some of the best ball that I can ever remember.
Regardless of how great they were, our season became a bust.
Its going to be the same way every year that these teams have these rosters.
Every move made is trying to get one step ahead of the other.
If the Warriors expose the Cavs D like I expect, I dont want to hear about all of the Warriors weapons.
Instead, the talk should be, why did the Cavs add more shooters instead of finding wing defenders.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Warriors are favored isn't enough of a mention for them to be considered championship or bust?

He also said that no excuses accepted either way, which also indicates championship or bust for both teams.

Lets not forget the other posts where I used the words championship or bust for both teams.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you mention the season will be bust if the Cavs lose but dont say the same thing about GS. GS has about 70% chance of winning. If they dont win it not only will be a bust but a total failure, especially how they lost last year. I mean it was a bust for the Spurs too even though still with the injuries.

Reading is fundamental

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have posted my list.

James 10
Irving 7.5
Love 7
Tristans importance in this series 6.5

Durant 9.5
Curry 9
Draymond 8.5
Klay 7.5

Cavs 31 Warriors 34.5

Most would agree Warriors deserve to be favorites.
Plus, they decided to value HCA.
That being said, if Cavs lose, the season is a bust.
Both teams healthy.
No excuses accepted either way as of now.[/QUOTE]

I didnt see this. Dont get your panties in a wad people. Jesus

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant will be 0-2 in NBA finals despite the extreme beta move he made last summer. After he made that move it was either "Championship or Bust" If Lebron loses hes 3-5 in NBA finals which is NOT a good look when trying to be compared to the game's all time elite.
There is no doubt that its Durant. I think its surprising how many people think GS will win this series. The Cavs already beat them and IMO have the best player in the playoffs right now in Lebron. Haven't seen him completely take over a game offensively in a while but if he can step it up ECF pistons Retro Lebron one last time when they need it most i cant see GS winning.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is no doubt that its Durant. I think its surprising how many people think GS will win this series. The Cavs already beat them and IMO have the best player in the playoffs right now in Lebron.

And the Warriors have already beaten the Cavs and Lebron was the best player in the playoffs then too.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that LeBron fans now have put the dude on the status of Jesus Christ who can do no wrong, so matter what happens, they will spin it to blame everyone but him. Durant does not have that luxary. Durant has to win or his legacy will be crap and if he wins - everyone is going to say Durant jumped ship and joined a team he knew was going to win - even though LeBron did the same thing twice

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily Durant

Postseason choker already, joins forces with a team already favored to win the title.......

Lebron and the Cavs are a huge huge underdog according to Vegas, so obviously his legacy cant take a hit

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tie to me.
Both took the same path for the same reasons.
Every year is championship or bust for both.

Same path?

So the Cavs were winning a title or going to the Finals 3 straight years without Lebron James?

Cause we already know the Warriors were doing it without Durant

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Durant had a legacy....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the nature of sports fandom, I will say that it will be LeBron's legacy, even though it may be unfair, that will take the bigger hit.

Simply because he has the bigger legacy.

If LeBron was 6-0 in the Finals in his career, maybe not so much.

But his critics love to point out his Finals losses to hold against him and they will definitely do that if he loses again.

The fact is that Durant has never been placed on the LeBron Pedestal. No one ever says Durant > Jordan or Durant = GOAT.

Same criticism Peyton Manning got for his barely .500 career playoff record.

Same praise Tom Brady gets for the handful of Super Bowl rings.

When you are held to that high of a standard, when you fail to with the championship, that becomes a blow to your legacy.

It may not necessarily be fair, but who said life was fair?

Plus, Durant is practically a third wheel in Golden State.

LeBron is the unquestioned leader in Cleveland.

So, again, a loss in the Finals will be held more against LeBron than it will be against Durant.

Just because of how high their respective legacies are.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the nature of sports fandom, I will say that it will be LeBron's legacy, even though it may be unfair, that will take the bigger hit.

Simply because he has the bigger legacy.

If LeBron was 6-0 in the Finals in his career, maybe not so much.

But his critics love to point out his Finals losses to hold against him and they will definitely do that if he loses again.

The fact is that Durant has never been placed on the LeBron Pedestal. No one ever says Durant > Jordan or Durant = GOAT.

Same criticism Peyton Manning got for his barely .500 career playoff record.

Same praise Tom Brady gets for the handful of Super Bowl rings.

When you are held to that high of a standard, when you fail to with the championship, that becomes a blow to your legacy.

It may not necessarily be fair, but who said life was fair?

Plus, Durant is practically a third wheel in Golden State.

LeBron is the unquestioned leader in Cleveland.

So, again, a loss in the Finals will be held more against LeBron than it will be against Durant.

Just because of how high their respective legacies are.

Well said, I agree the perception out there will be that Lebron takes the bigger hit, but I think that has more to do with the built in Lebron hatred that seems so popular

Just like if Lebron and the Cavs win, the "Haters" will try to downplay his importance and talk about how great Tristan Thompson was :L