• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins Texas or UCLA

Who wins

• UCLA by MORE than 10

Votes: 35 62.5%
  • UCLA by LESS than 10

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Texas by MORE than 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas by LESS than 10

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

4Down20.....That`s Chief Dan George from the Outlaw Josey Wales

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Look, I`m an Aggie and even I want to see the horns be a top team in college football. Even if I have to put up with some of you over the top fans.

I would love to see A&M and Texas be like Florida, Miami, and FSU in the 90s. You could throw in Baylor or Tech as the third. I think Texas is the most fertile ground for football, and there is no reason in my mind why the college teams in The Great State of Texas can't prove that to the rest of the country. A&M is just starting to live up to their potential, Art Bryles has thing going in the right direction at Baylor, and Texas just need to get their ship righted.

Oh, and if we could just get that game back that used to be played on Thanksgiving, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Deloss is gone. Patterson and Strong want it back, so it will happen sooner than people think. I agree with you regarding the Florida schools. I've always said the state of Texas has been one of the most underachieving states when it came to CFB. Aggy should have more than 1 NC, PERIOD!!!! Also, why can't another program step up? Texas is a recruiting hot bed and should have at least 3 successful programs like the state of Florida has. Even with Texas's 4 NC's, that is still underachieving in my mind (although the Horns have choked away quite a few NC's in the past), although if UT adopted the Bama way of claiming NC's, we could claim 9.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

4Down20.....That`s Chief Dan George from the Outlaw Josey Wales

Yes, pretty much my favorite movie.

I could have missed...

It's an Eastwood Movie, but the Lone Watie was just awesome and added so much to the movie.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick the University of California Los Angeles.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, pretty much my favorite movie.

I could have missed...

It's an Eastwood Movie, but the Lone Watie was just awesome and added so much to the movie.

All they gave us was this hard rock candy, but it's not for eatin...just lookin through

But, I really like when Josey finds him in the sack with the indian woman and he says "Guess I ain't that old after all."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is going to lay down some dirty on them.

10+ victory easy. Probably closer to 20.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup the play calling committed the turn overs. He specifically said "don't hold on to the ball". Plus, the box score only shows 3 fumbles and 1 INT.

The offensive play calling also caused the defense to the standard long horn dive at the feet tackle attempt, lack of basic tackling skills, and quit exhibited by the defense.

I will agree that the play calling didn't help, but to put this all on the play calling is a stretching it.

How many DC has Texas gone through in the last couple of years? I couldn't see much difference between the effort last year and this year. Maybe its the players and not the coaches?

Here is my take on the playcalling:
1. This is a brutal OL. 2 guys in the 2 deep were at DT, one of them was a DT 2 weeks ago. Basically, screwed as an OC
2. There are 0 play makers out there currently
3. Watson/WIck lost 60% of the OL in a week and the only starting QB with experience
4. They were resigned to try to limit mistakes and keep it basic
5. They put in absolutely 0 to help the OL
6. Weak OL and I didnt see 1 misdirection play to punish fast flowing defenders. That has to change

Basically, this is a train wreck. That said there are things that can be done to help. Texas needs to use more motion and formation to create some confusion. You can run dive, but run jet sweep action behind it. That will slow the bask side pursuit down. The QB is 250 LBs, how about some QB power to get an extra blocker involved.Get one of the young WRs involved. Armanti Foreman has some serious wiggle. Get him in there. Texas is in dire need of a player that can take a 5 yard play and make it into a 50 yard gain.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup the play calling committed the turn overs. He specifically said "don't hold on to the ball". Plus, the box score only shows 3 fumbles and 1 INT.

The offensive play calling also caused the defense to the standard long horn dive at the feet tackle attempt, lack of basic tackling skills, and quit exhibited by the defense.

I will agree that the play calling didn't help, but to put this all on the play calling is a stretching it.

How many DC has Texas gone through in the last couple of years? I couldn't see much difference between the effort last year and this year. Maybe its the players and not the coaches?

In all fairness, you have a 220 LB QB that claims to have 4.4 speed. I doubt that, but he is a hell of an athlete. Give him 20 yards of steam and try to tackle him in space with 3 yards of cushion and you can see how that happens. That was just a great play by an athlete. The issue was once again at LB. Edmond was terrible again. 4 years of terrible. Texas defense reverted back to the last 2 years for 1 quarter. Which is basically, if you get by the DL you will have a big gain. Just amazing that Texas has had a dominant DL for the last 2 years and pissed it away.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, you have a 220 LB QB that claims to have 4.4 speed. I doubt that, but he is a hell of an athlete. Give him 20 yards of steam and try to tackle him in space with 3 yards of cushion and you can see how that happens. That was just a great play by an athlete. The issue was once again at LB. Edmond was terrible again. 4 years of terrible. Texas defense reverted back to the last 2 years for 1 quarter. Which is basically, if you get by the DL you will have a big gain. Just amazing that Texas has had a dominant DL for the last 2 years and pissed it away.

Codaxx, Steve Edmonds has no business in the starting lineup. You are right when you said "4 years of terrible". And this guy had the balls to label Baylor as "trash".

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA has looked like butt, wouldn't be shocked if they lost to Texas...but probably won't.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas wins 6-3, after our kicker goes 2-4 in fg attempts.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with UCLA in this one

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only you would use a game comparison such as that.

At least OU scored some TD and weren't held to a scrub FG.

Gawd, you are dumber than I thought a single human being could be......

Just pointing out no Sooner should be bringing up a beatdown UCLA gave us when the last time OU played UCLA, they received a beat down as well. Spare me your moral victory of, "Well, at least we scored more than a FG!".....

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exes talking about moral victories?

:laugh:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exes talking about moral victories?

:laugh:

Dude, I brought up what Oregon did on offense against us in the Alamo Bowl b/c you claimed Oregon hasn't been challenged in their bowl games vs. the Big 12