• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the AFC North

Who will win the AFC North

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I don't think they're a player or 2 away, which is why I'd want them to get the better draft position if they aren't really going to compete seriously for a playoff spot. I think this process will take 3 years (including this past draft) at least. They were in bad shape with a lot of cap space taken up by aging free agents whose skillsets were dwindling, especially on defense and at the WR position.

I really do like the RG3 move too. It's a very low risk move with high upside potential. If he stinks, then they lost nothing, but if he reverts back to his rookie year+ form, then they got a steal of a deal and potentially their franchise QB. Great low pressure situation for a rebuilding team to be in (and I know the joke, rebuilding since '99, harhar). This time feels different. They have a respected HC and a front office with a clear plan. Everyone seems to be on the same page for now, it at least gives hope.

Agree now certainly, but had they been able to retain Mack...the OGs are solid...was never a huge Schwartz guy, could've replaced him, but we know Thomas has some probowl caliber yrs left...the challenge was getting consistent play from the QB spot (like Hoyer was giving them) and obviously getting a legit #1 WR...the DEF wasn't terrible, the Browns were a tough out.

But...Hartline and Bowe were just godawful moves, especially Bowe.

RG3...yeah you want that confidence back he had as a rookie. But, he has needed a change to blend his athleticism and great arm into effective plays that don't expose him to hits for a while. The younger Shanny is the OC here in ATL now and he said they basically ran out of time before they could really start the conversion.

Granted he was able to devote most of his attention to him as the OC, but Jackson turned Dalton into a pretty decent QB. Maybe he can do it with RG3.

I tend to agree that this might be different, but like I said earlier...if they change course again on the HC before 3 seasons have passed...it might be more of the same.