• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the AFC North

Who will win the AFC North

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought so but still allowed my hopes to get up just a bit for a second there.

Sorry about that...I'm hoping it won't matter with Green...great chance for Coates to make a name for himself...I think he will factor.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about that...I'm hoping it won't matter with Green...great chance for Coates to make a name for himself...I think he will factor.
Yup, great opportunity for Coates to break out/through.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO BROWNS!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the Steelers. Cincinnati will still be a very good team, but when I doubt, take the better QB.

The Ravens may jump up to take it too. They were so beat up last year, it is hard to get a good read on them.

The Browns are a dumpster fire.

Considering they've played 0 games under the new regime and have had a pretty successful offseason, it's hard to make that claim.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they've played 0 games under the new regime and have had a pretty successful offseason, it's hard to make that claim.
I find claiming the Browns will be bad to be pretty easy. Your best season I can remember had Derrick Anderson at QB and you still missed the playoffs.

Seems like a pretty safe bet.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns got 5 votes? :lol:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see Cincy with the same amount of votes as Cleveland. They've won it 2 of the past 3 years.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised to see Cincy with the same amount of votes as Cleveland. They've won it 2 of the past 3 years.

I think the votes happen for a couple of reasons...

1) Andy Dalton--Do fans really think that he repeats his performance before injury last year? We are talking a guy that had never had a QB rating over 88 in his career that jumped clear up to 106.3 this past year. I don't see that becoming the norm especially with some of the offensive players they have lost.

2) Kind of tied to #1 but the loss of Hue Jackson. I do think he was a big part of that offense having the success that it did. So do we see that step back in the offense or at least for it to take some time to gel?

3) Honestly I think the playoff success or lack there of plays into this. All those one and dones just doesn't have people believing they can rise to the occasion.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They made a lot of moves...clearly went for youth which I guess you can't blame them but if they get rid of Jackson in 3 or 4 yrs this will look puzzling...I still think they should've gone QB higher than they did, but like the Coleman picks...probably not fair to judge this regime until the '17 or '18 season.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find claiming the Browns will be bad to be pretty easy. Your best season I can remember had Derrick Anderson at QB and you still missed the playoffs.

Seems like a pretty safe bet.

Being bad and being a "dumpster fire" are 2 totally different things. One points at the team on the field, and I agree they will probably be bad this year. The other points at the organization, which the jury is still out on...so far there's reason to be optimistic.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They made a lot of moves...clearly went for youth which I guess you can't blame them but if they get rid of Jackson in 3 or 4 yrs this will look puzzling...I still think they should've gone QB higher than they did, but like the Coleman picks...probably not fair to judge this regime until the '17 or '18 season.

I'm pleased with their draft. And I'm also quite pleased that they didn't go out and try to sign a QB in the offseason aside from taking a flyer on RG3. I'd rather they go 3-13 this year than 7-9.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being bad and being a "dumpster fire" are 2 totally different things. One points at the team on the field, and I agree they will probably be bad this year. The other points at the organization, which the jury is still out on...so far there's reason to be optimistic.
I did not associate the same connotations to that turn of phrase. My post only refers to the team on the field. Sorry for the confusion.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not associate the same connotations to that turn of phrase. My post only refers to the team on the field. Sorry for the confusion.

In all likelihood, they will be in last and possibly be in the running for worst record in the league. With any luck, so will the Eagles and they can turn one of those really high first round picks into multiple quality picks.

In a few years, assuming they do their due diligence on their draft board, they should have the ship righted and be competitive for a playoff spot.

...or they could do what they've done since coming back to the league and just fart and fall down every year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pleased with their draft. And I'm also quite pleased that they didn't go out and try to sign a QB in the offseason aside from taking a flyer on RG3. I'd rather they go 3-13 this year than 7-9.

You know more about your team than I do, but I do pay more attention to DIV foes than most other teams, and on the surface, the draft was good, they filled needs...lot of people like Ogbah, but a lot of teams passed on him in the 1st rd...ATL needs pass rush as much as any team and they passed on him...I'm hearing Bud Dupree type athlete...so a lot of potential there.

You've probably heard me say this, but I thought RG3 was one of the better offseason moves...we'll have to see if Hue and company can turn him from athlete to QB.

3-13 over 7-9? Interesting...In the NBA, imo the worse thing is to be mediocre, because the draft is so top heavy.

In the NFL, 7-9 to 9-7, you're mediocre, but normally a HC or a player or two away from getting over the hump...fwiw I think CLE is starting over so you probably will get something close to what you'd rather this season.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know more about your team than I do, but I do pay more attention to DIV foes than most other teams, and on the surface, the draft was good, they filled needs...lot of people like Ogbah, but a lot of teams passed on him in the 1st rd...ATL needs pass rush as much as any team and they passed on him...I'm hearing Bud Dupree type athlete...so a lot of potential there.

You've probably heard me say this, but I thought RG3 was one of the better offseason moves...we'll have to see if Hue and company can turn him from athlete to QB.

3-13 over 7-9? Interesting...In the NBA, imo the worse thing is to be mediocre, because the draft is so top heavy.

In the NFL, 7-9 to 9-7, you're mediocre, but normally a HC or a player or two away from getting over the hump...fwiw I think CLE is starting over so you probably will get something close to what you'd rather this season.

The thing is I don't think they're a player or 2 away, which is why I'd want them to get the better draft position if they aren't really going to compete seriously for a playoff spot. I think this process will take 3 years (including this past draft) at least. They were in bad shape with a lot of cap space taken up by aging free agents whose skillsets were dwindling, especially on defense and at the WR position.

I really do like the RG3 move too. It's a very low risk move with high upside potential. If he stinks, then they lost nothing, but if he reverts back to his rookie year+ form, then they got a steal of a deal and potentially their franchise QB. Great low pressure situation for a rebuilding team to be in (and I know the joke, rebuilding since '99, harhar). This time feels different. They have a respected HC and a front office with a clear plan. Everyone seems to be on the same page for now, it at least gives hope.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the Browns are gonna take the division this year, and by the Browns, I mean the Steelers.