• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who on this board called Wade's depature from Miami practically all of last season?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh a healthy prime Bosh 5 years ago?

totally different question than today. Today i take Blake all day even if Bosh was able to get on the court. Its not even particularly close at this point is it?

It's only not close if you act like defense is not a part of basketball. Bosh is a much better team defender than Blake. Not close but hey if you want to act like defense is not important then go right ahead

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh a healthy prime Bosh 5 years ago?

totally different question than today. Today i take Blake all day even if Bosh was able to get on the court. Its not even particularly close at this point is it?

I would take Blake too.

But, I can't be totally sure it's not based on my homerism.

Plus, Dude is not exactly a iron man either.

He's missed about 65 games the last 2 Seasons.

* 50 last year alone *

I think Blake's age and athleticism are his only clear advantages.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:at the poster on this thread that compared Bosh/Whiteside to Robinson/Duncan...Might as well compare them to Elgin Baylor and Wilt Chaimberlain while you're at it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL it looks as if Miami is still doing whatever it can to keep Bosh off the court...Interesting.
Report: Chris Bosh remains frustrated with Heat's handling of his health situation
Additionally, if Bosh were to suffer that medical retirement out of pressure from the Heat, then sign with another team and play 25 games, the entirety of Bosh's contract goes back on the Heat's cap space. Would Pat Riley really risk putting the Heat into deep luxury tax issues and risk further alienating a player that helped win the team two titles just so they can create some cap room to likely sign worse players?

interesting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL it looks as if Miami is still doing whatever it can to keep Bosh off the court...Interesting.
Report: Chris Bosh remains frustrated with Heat's handling of his health situation

Yeah the Heat management is full of full blown assholes. Those insensitive pricks caused Bosh to have reoccurring blood clots. They should take his groupie wife's instagram/facebook/twitter rants to heart and allow Bosh to play on medication throughout the year that will push the blood thinners out of his body.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, if Bosh were to suffer that medical retirement out of pressure from the Heat, then sign with another team and play 25 games, the entirety of Bosh's contract goes back on the Heat's cap space. Would Pat Riley really risk putting the Heat into deep luxury tax issues and risk further alienating a player that helped win the team two titles just so they can create some cap room to likely sign worse players?

interesting.

You really keep bringing this situation hoping for it to stick don't you? Bosh has re-occurring blood clots which is a serious symptom. If a doctor who's chosen by the NBA won't clear him, you really think another team will be able to sign him?

I've had the issue Bosh has, it's life threatening. You can call it what you want whether it's A. Preventing Bosh from risking his life for basketball or B. The Heat trying to get him off the books because he's no longer a reliable commodity anymore. Regardless, it's still the same result.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really keep bringing this situation hoping for it to stick don't you? Bosh has re-occurring blood clots which is a serious symptom. If a doctor who's chosen by the NBA won't clear him, you really think another team will be able to sign him?

I've had the issue Bosh has, it's life threatening. You can call it what you want whether it's A. Preventing Bosh from risking his life for basketball or B. The Heat trying to get him off the books because he's no longer a reliable commodity anymore. Regardless, it's still the same result.

wow, DAMN sorry to hear that, man...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, DAMN sorry to hear that, man...

Two summers ago, I remember finished working out and afterwards I thought I was breaking out into a rash. It turns out that those were my blood vessels bursting. My condition was nearly identical to Bosh's, but my situation was that my body was killing off all my plateletes where I couldn't clot blood. It was the equivalent of being on blood thinners. At one point they thought I had leukemia. But yeah, for this to happen to Bosh twice in a 1-year span has me solidly on the Heat's side. There's a multitude of reasons why they shouldn't play. Meanwhile, Bosh's groupie wife is trying to get her current husband back on the court to hopefully get one more contract out of him (still has 3 years left on his deal).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

interesting.
this is a quote from the article , lol.....not my quote

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats the quote from the article dude...obviously you failed to read it. Like i have always said- who needs reading though?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two summers ago, I remember finished working out and afterwards I thought I was breaking out into a rash. It turns out that those were my blood vessels bursting. My condition was nearly identical to Bosh's, but my situation was that my body was killing off all my plateletes where I couldn't clot blood. It was the equivalent of being on blood thinners. At one point they thought I had leukemia. But yeah, for this to happen to Bosh twice in a 1-year span has me solidly on the Heat's side. There's a multitude of reasons why they shouldn't play. Meanwhile, Bosh's groupie wife is trying to get her current husband back on the court to hopefully get one more contract out of him (still has 3 years left on his deal).
I think I am on the Heat's side without being privy to nearly the information that the Heat and Bosh obviosly have at their finger tips.

From a totally neutral perspective- you look at the situation and think- Bosh should just retire- he has millions- why risk it?- I would tend to agree with this- but it surprises me that Bosh is so doggedly trying to play. It would be hard for me to believe he would be lobbying to play if his life was at risk- right? I mean- I assume he has a hot wife and some kids and millions- why would he play if his life was at risk? I think that is where the conflict exists.

It sounds like the NBA- well you would know this if you read the article- it sounds like the NBA League Office is going to try and step in and mediate what is going on.

It is a very interesting question- and it really probably is a legal question. I do not see it getting that far- but at the end of the tunnel if both sides are firmly entrenched that is where it would go to right?

and it is laughable to not acknowledge that there is a huge conflict of interest with the Heat- who would gladly get rid of Bosh and the uncertainty surrounding the situation and get him off the cap at this point.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the right thread to talk shit about Pat Riley?:noidea:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am on the Heat's side without being privy to nearly the information that the Heat and Bosh obviosly have at their finger tips.

From a totally neutral perspective- you look at the situation and think- Bosh should just retire- he has millions- why risk it?- I would tend to agree with this- but it surprises me that Bosh is so doggedly trying to play. It would be hard for me to believe he would be lobbying to play if his life was at risk- right? I mean- I assume he has a hot wife and some kids and millions- why would he play if his life was at risk? I think that is where the conflict exists.

It sounds like the NBA- well you would know this if you read the article- it sounds like the NBA League Office is going to try and step in and mediate what is going on.

It is a very interesting question- and it really probably is a legal question. I do not see it getting that far- but at the end of the tunnel if both sides are firmly entrenched that is where it would go to right?

and it is laughable to not acknowledge that there is a huge conflict of interest with the Heat- who would gladly get rid of Bosh and the uncertainty surrounding the situation and get him off the cap at this point.

It's a business. It likely played a huge role in Durant not coming here (that and the Warriors being primed for title contention for the next few years at minimum). He takes up a quarter to fifth of the salary cap and no all-star that wants to be in title contention wants that uncertainty.

Bosh is no longer a reliable commodity and needs to retire. I read somewhere that the Heat agreed to pay the last of his $75 million to him over the 3 years. He wants to continue playing so that he can get another contract probably in the $15-$20 million range once this one is up - where he'll be around 34 by then. He could still make around what Gasol is making - if he were healthy.

tl;dr - He needs to retire. The NBA is likely going to side with the Heat on this one. Having a player die on the court is bad for business. That and ol' groupie Bosh would then try to take the NBA to the woodshed to cash in on a fat lawsuit. Wouldn't be surprised if they made him sign some type of waiver alleviating the Heat and/or NBA from any potential blow back. Which would be telling if he weren't to sign said mythical waiver.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a business. It likely played a huge role in Durant not coming here (that and the Warriors being primed for title contention for the next few years at minimum). He takes up a quarter to fifth of the salary cap and no all-star that wants to be in title contention wants that uncertainty.

Bosh is no longer a reliable commodity and needs to retire. I read somewhere that the Heat agreed to pay the last of his $75 million to him over the 3 years. He wants to continue playing so that he can get another contract probably in the $15-$20 million range once this one is up - where he'll be around 34 by then. He could still make around what Gasol is making - if he were healthy.

tl;dr - He needs to retire. The NBA is likely going to side with the Heat on this one. Having a player die on the court is bad for business. That and ol' groupie Bosh would then try to take the NBA to the woodshed to cash in on a fat lawsuit. Wouldn't be surprised if they made him sign some type of waiver alleviating the Heat and/or NBA from any potential blow back. Which would be telling if he weren't to sign said mythical waiver.
well- not only Bosh being there- but the Heat being light years away from contending from a title and having no one near a #2 or #3 that he could play with in GSW or OKC was also a huge role. In fact- Boston and the Clippers have/had plenty more to offer.

But- you see no ethical dilemma in the Heat just wanting to get rid of the uncertainty? The thing that would REALLY fuck the Heat is if the passage from the article that you ignorantly thought was mine comes true---- that the Heat force Bosh out- and he comes back and plays 25 games with another team willing to give him a chance. Then the Heat are truly fucked as they not only do not have his services- but also have him in on their cap. Its likely why the league is getting involved.

If the Heat know he can ever play again- that is a legit reason for getting rid of him.

If the Heat are not sure if he can ever play again- that is NOT a legit reason for getting rid of him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- not only Bosh being there- but the Heat being light years away from contending from a title and having no one near a #2 or #3 that he could play with in GSW or OKC was also a huge role. In fact- Boston and the Clippers have/had plenty more to offer.

But- you see no ethical dilemma in the Heat just wanting to get rid of the uncertainty? The thing that would REALLY fuck the Heat is if the passage from the article that you ignorantly thought was mine comes true---- that the Heat force Bosh out- and he comes back and plays 25 games with another team willing to give him a chance. Then the Heat are truly fucked as they not only do not have his services- but also have him in on their cap. Its likely why the league is getting involved.

If the Heat know he can ever play again- that is a legit reason for getting rid of him.

If the Heat are not sure if he can ever play again- that is NOT a legit reason for getting rid of him.

You think it will be Darius Miles 2.0?

It would only be equivalent if a Team tried to sign him SOLELY to sink the Heats cap space.

The Portland Trail Blazers have a message for the NBA's 29 other teams -- don't sign Darius Miles.

If Miles plays two more games, then his Blazers contract, worth $18 million total for this season and next, would count against the Trail Blazers' salary cap and force the team to pay the NBA's luxury tax. The contract had been removed from salary cap and tax considerations when the Blazers deemed Miles medically unable to play and released him.

The full text of the e-mail, according to the SI.com and Yahoo! Sports accounts, reads:

" 'Team Presidents and General Managers,

'The Portland Trail Blazers are aware that certain teams may be contemplating signing Darius Miles to a contract for the purpose of adversely impacting the Portland Trail Blazers Salary Cap and tax positions. Such conduct from a team would violate its fiduciary duty as an NBA joint venturer. In addition, persons or entities involved in such conduct may be individually liable to the Portland Trail Blazers for tortuously interfering with the Portland Trail Blazers' contract rights and perspective economic opportunities.