• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is Beamers replacement?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it your DC? Figuring Beamer has to be near the end of his tenure at VT as he has been there what? 31, 32 years? Absolutely incredible. But how much longer you think he stays and when he does retire who replaces him?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my scenario...

Bud takes over after Frank for a number of years, (Shane is moved to OC, hopefully Gray to DC (more likely Wiles). Then Shane takes over after Bud...

iv_hokie12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinespring, Gray or Lil Beam, IMO.

I love Bud but I don't think it will be him.

I hear Stinespring a lot, but I can see a riot erupting in Blacksburg if you make him HC. Gray or Shane would be great though.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinespring, Gray or Lil Beam, IMO.

I love Bud but I don't think it will be him.

Can you imagine the shitstorm that would blow if it is Stinespring? He didn't get the heat from the fans last year, but I think the media would still try to stir up shit. I'm hoping this is all a moot point and would love to see Beamer stay on into the 2020's (with a few Natl. Championships under his belt), have Shane and Torrian take the next step as Coordinators and see how they do there.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who knows? There will likely be a new AD by then, and certainly VT has a high enough profile to do a national search.

For now, Beamer has a few more years.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be Bud, FWIW.

agree. It will be Shane or Stinespring. I love Foster, but it seems to be the general consensus that he's better suited to DC than HC.

Stiney probably had a leg up until Frank brought Shane in and gave him the assistant-HC title. He might actually make a good HC, too. I would expect him to be a better HC than OC, and the powers within the athletic department seemed to share that opinion a few years ago, anyway.

Hopefully this question is premature. I don't expect Beamer to retire anytime soon.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems to me that Beamer's dropping 30 lbs is an indication that he wants to coach a while longer.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta think he feels differently if he's staying around for so long?

I don't really think so. I think the right opportunity just never came up. He definitely wants to be a HC, but he's been picky about where he'd go. And at this point (he's not getting any younger) it's unlikely he'll get a great HC offer. First-time HC jobs are going to the younger guys. Third, he's just been very loyal to FB.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Beamer is going nowhere fast, unless he wins a MNC.

Now there is a good hypothetical. Would you give up Frank Beamer in exchange for a National Championship? (meaning Frank wins one and then figures it's best to go out on top and retires)

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster has it made in Blacksburg... he just doesn't want to take a chance on a small time program he has to build from the ground up. I don't blame him either. Why give up what is a sure thing, for something that is not likely to stick?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Foster has it made in Blacksburg... he just doesn't want to take a chance on a small time program he has to build from the ground up. I don't blame him either. Why give up what is a sure thing, for something that is not likely to stick?

What he's doing now is working great. Why change things?