• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who had the easiest Title run during the BCS?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea and Auburn was 3-8 in 2012 and made it to the National Championship game in 2013! What's your point?

You really just don't get it, do you? Of course none of these type teams win often but they can win. That was my point. Texas last lost to Ole Miss in 2013! Most every top team lost to an unexpected team in 2013 except FSU and Auburn. :noidea: READ! READ! READ! More importantly comprehend! I must be confusing you with another Texas poster because I use to think you were sharper than this! :doh:

You notice Team Sec sack sniffers said nothing about the Texas/Ole Miss game in 2012 after Mack showed mercy and didn't drop 80 + pts on the Rebs, but they are jacking off Ole Miss after last year's game :L

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
For some reason, I got "cut off". As I was saying I did not like BYU but I respected their NC because they were the "last man standing" Everybody and their dog that year had stupid or unexplained losses. And while BYU may have not been from a quality conference or had many quality wins, THEY RAN THE TABLE. And in this day and age, no one seems to want to take this into account.

What it comes down to (for LSU) is that they lost to not one but two teams in their conference that were 8-5 and as such I don't think they had any business in the NCG.

They played a bunch of solid teams. Pretty much the entire country had 2 losses that yr. I think only OSU, WV, and Kansas had 1 loss. I would say the results were less than preferred, but the road was tough

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea and Auburn was 3-8 in 2012 and made it to the National Championship game in 2013! What's your point?

You really just don't get it, do you? Of course none of these type teams win often but they can win. That was my point. Texas last lost to Ole Miss in 2013! Most every top team lost to an unexpected team in 2013 except FSU and Auburn. :noidea: READ! READ! READ! More importantly comprehend! I must be confusing you with another Texas poster because I use to think you were sharper than this! :doh:

Your words previously were
However,the problem with your statement is always acting like Ole Miss or Tennessee or Arkansas or Penn St. or any other team's, that have been down lately, can't beat an Alabama (were all on 2011 schedule) when it's these type teams that upset the top teams all the time to end their hopes.
Your statement about Ole Miss, Tenn., Ark. and Penn St. implied that they can beat Alabama, yet they haven't been able to beat a Saban led Bama team.

AFA Ole Miss and Texas in 2013, Texas was not the same as the 2009 Longhorn team that would have routed the Rebels, even with Garrett as the QB. It was Texas with Case McCoy and a defense(not really) led by Diaz, 'nuff written.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be a "Completely" different team when you have the same players.

Its impossible.

I have played organized sports at some of the highest level.

If you have played organized sports at the "highest level" then you would understand what I am stating by COMPLETELY! It matters not the individual players themselves and if they were there the prior year. The mentality, attitude, and overall "process" at the program is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than with the previous coaching staff. The previous coaching staff could not motivate, counsel, and coach those exact same players as the new coach does. Hence why he is fired. Yes when you change the mentality and attitude of a TEAM and PROGRAM it makes the current team completely different than the one prior.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have played organized sports at the "highest level" then you would understand what I am stating by COMPLETELY! It matters not the individual players themselves and if they were there the prior year. The mentality, attitude, and overall "process" at the program is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than with the previous coaching staff. The previous coaching staff could not motivate, counsel, and coach those exact same players as the new coach does. Hence why he is fired. Yes when you change the mentality and attitude of a TEAM and PROGRAM it makes the current team completely different than the one prior.

I would argue they went to a completely different system. That maybe the most important difference.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 2013 FSU-I think this has been covered pretty well. They played a very weak schedule but were damn good.

2. 2002 Ohio St-Also played a weak schedule with only 3 loss each Washington St and Michigan really doing anything of note that year. They did beat one of the most talented teams of the decade though. So once again, damn good team but an overall weak schedule.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your words previously were
Your statement about Ole Miss, Tenn., Ark. and Penn St. implied that they can beat Alabama, yet they haven't been able to beat a Saban led Bama team.

AFA Ole Miss and Texas in 2013, Texas was not the same as the 2009 Longhorn team that would have routed the Rebels, even with Garrett as the QB. It was Texas with Case McCoy and a defense(not really) led by Diaz, 'nuff written.

I believe that was Robinson's 1st game as DC, but with that being said, hell, you didn't even have to go back to '09, just go back to '12 when Ash had his best game all year against Ole Miss and the Horns dropped 66 on the Rebs in Oxford. You notice Team SEC doesn't talk about that game?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last year's Texas team wasn't a top team, first and foremost. Sure, the scrubs you mentioned could win, but they don't. Bama has an .860 winning percentage against the SEC since 2008, meaning, Bama rarely gets beat by teams in their conference.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue they went to a completely different system. That maybe the most important difference.

Yep. That is why I used the word "process". Seems to be the word that encompasses everything in CFB anymore.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's Texas team wasn't a top team, first and foremost. Sure, the scrubs you mentioned could win, but they don't. Bama has an .860 winning percentage against the SEC since 2008, meaning, Bama rarely gets beat by teams in their conference.

They don't get beat by many teams period since '08. My point is Auburn was 3-8 and then turned it around. Alabama has Florida on the schedule and are getting no credit for them. However,they have been a perennial BCS power team and could turn it around. If Tennessee can get any stability one day they will turn it around. Ole MIss appears on the rise. Alabama plays in what is considered the toughest division in college football most years yet someone is acting like their sos is weak? This year Bama has West Virginia. Who would have known? For the record though if you give them hard time for playing WVU then the entire Big 12 has a patsy with them too!

My point is those TYPE teams; doesn't necessarily have to be those exact teams are the ones that can sneak up and bite you. Did you not see where I mentioned Oregon loses to Arizona? Stanford loses to a bad Utah team. Baylor crushes Oklahoma. Texas loses to Ole Miss. Of course they get beat bad by good teams too but it IS these type teams that cost teams championships many many years. Several conferences don't have those type teams. The Big 12 does but outside of that not sure it exists?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't get beat by many teams period since '08. My point is Auburn was 3-8 and then turned it around. Alabama has Florida on the schedule and are getting no credit for them. However,they have been a perennial BCS power team and could turn it around. If Tennessee can get any stability one day they will turn it around. Ole MIss appears on the rise. Alabama plays in what is considered the toughest division in college football most years yet someone is acting like their sos is weak? This year Bama has West Virginia. Who would have known? For the record though if you give them hard time for playing WVU then the entire Big 12 has a patsy with them too!

My point is those TYPE teams; doesn't necessarily have to be those exact teams are the ones that can sneak up and bite you. Did you not see where I mentioned Oregon loses to Arizona? Stanford loses to a bad Utah team. Baylor crushes Oklahoma. Texas loses to Ole Miss. Of course they get beat bad by good teams too but it IS these type teams that cost teams championships many many years. Several conferences don't have those type teams. The Big 12 does but outside of that not sure it exists?

That's just it, though, I don't see any Big 12 homer pimping out WVU, the way you are overrating Tenn, Ole Miss and Arky. Sure, those teams can take a big dog down, no doubt, but it is very rare, hence the reason why 2011 Bama is considered having the easiest road to the BCS title, especially since Bama had already lost, didn't win their division or conference and had 44 days to prepare for a rematch.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama only got there because of how well LSU played all season. They did well but they only had to get up for 2 games all year.

It was this quote that started on the scheduling. I was only pointing out that the type teams I mentioned are usually the teams that knock other contenders out so don't dismiss them as easy wins. I went on to give some examples. Then the Texas tadem came along and took it personal since I used an Ole Miss win over them as an example.

That's just it, though, I don't see any Big 12 homer pimping out WVU, the way you are overrating Tenn, Ole Miss and Arky. Sure, those teams can take a big dog down, no doubt, but it is very rare, hence the reason why 2011 Bama is considered having the easiest road to the BCS title, especially since Bama had already lost, didn't win their division or conference and had 44 days to prepare for a rematch.

Concerning this quote why would you pimp out WVU unless they fit it an example you were using to get a point across? This all is suppose to apply to the 2011 Bama team. Your overrated Arky team finished #5 that year! Again, just using some teams as examples and I used non-SEC teams too.

Should a Big 12 team never be allowed in the title game since they don't play a conference championship game? SEC doesn't even play everyone in the SEC because too big. Alabama played #1 twice and barely lost in OT (to a team many thought was one of the all time best) and to most honest football fans would say Bama looked like the better team. The two best teams got in the game and Alabama had to play #1 again this time there was no mistaking the beter team. They also played #5 Arkansas. They also played Penn ST who was ranked team all year until last week. So they played #1 twice and #5 and that is an easy road? :doh: You're confusing your love to argue they didn't deserve to get in the game with the easiest road to the game. :noidea:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams BamaTee mentioned can't be the teams that knock other teams off Championship paths until they actually do that.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players play. Talent matters. The talent was the primarily the same. Can't be ignored. They were not completely different. Not sure why this so difficult for you to understand.

Like I said its impossible to be completely different when the players are the same.

Regardless of your pointless argument, Bottom line is that auburn is still considered one of if not the lower end teams to make a title game. I would go into why they are considered this but you would start spinning in circles again.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does playing sports have to do with your use of the word Completely. You are obviously not using it correctly and that has nothing to do with playing sports.

When I played sports, I had certain ability no matter who my coach was. Same goes with any college athlete.

Adrian Peterson has been Adrian Peterson at every level. He wasn't a scrub and then all of sudded become a stud because of a different coach.

It's hard for me to believe that you can't grasp this simple concept.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. 2013 FSU-I think this has been covered pretty well. They played a very weak schedule but were damn good.

2. 2002 Ohio St-Also played a weak schedule with only 3 loss each Washington St and Michigan really doing anything of note that year. They did beat one of the most talented teams of the decade though. So once again, damn good team but an overall weak schedule.

Your #2 couldn't be more incorrect.

In 2002 Ohio State beat 4 top 15 teams where 3 of them were in the top 10.

Washington St. Won the Pac that year and finished in the top 10.

Beating 3 top 10 teams has rarely been done if ever.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohh it's been done and topped in 2000.

OU beat #1, #2, #3, #8 that year. And also beat #11.

The amazing part is four of them were away games.

:suds:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2008, Texas beat #1 OU, #11/#12 Missouri, #7/#8 OSU(Big 12), lost to #6/#5 Tech on a last second play and beat #10 OSU(Big Ten) in their Bowl Game, beating 3 Top 10 teams along the way.
Texas went 4 for 5 versus Final Standings #20 teams.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about end of year rankings, you know, the only rankings that matter.