• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White throws punch at Sherman

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i was reading something on ESPN and they said Roddy White threw a punch at Sherman. I did not see this but they said it was caught on camera...... BUT just like it has always been since Terry Blount took over for Sando his reporting was lack luster and he did not "link" the shot.

Man i miss Mike Sando, Blount has to be the WORST Blogger on ESPN. He is so inept that he even goes back to 3 day old posts and changes the DATE on them so it looks like his most recent work has more to it. Case in point he moved up two post from last week TWICE so it looked like he had 5 blog posts in 1 day LOL.

I am Glad ESPN saw how good Sando was and promoted him, but lets just remember WHO pointed Sando out to ESPN. That would be Seahawks fans showing that one of their bloggers from way back was stealing Sando's work and passing it off as his own. A Fan base like that deserves better than BLOUNT!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must pay a fee to see the article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution with the picture.

That said, Blount sucks, but I do respect that ESPN took bloggers from different divisions and have them report on other divisions. This gets rid of some of the homerism. Sando is good, and seemed to try and keep his Seahawk love in check, but it did come out a bit here and there. What I hate about Blount the most is just his laziness and lack of creativity. I guess its a two edged sword if you don't get to report on what you care about and just have to do homework.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sando was not a Seahawks fan lol. He had always been a life long Raider fan but just had a Job up in Seattle before joining ESPN. He even stated he was more of a 49er fan than a Hawks fan before joining ESPN. People just assume because he lived in Seattle and reported on the Hawks that he was a Hawks fan. They Assumed wrong.

Also lets be real here. In the NFC West the best team to report on has been the Hawks for every year Carroll has been the HC. Why? because of how different they are doing things here. Like Moving a 330 pound DT out to a DE. Going against the grain in drafts and hitting gold more often than not. PC and JS have made the Hawks one of the most interesting stories in the NFL.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I did not know that about Sando. Well, either some Hawk favortism came through in his writing or I bit on all the Niner commenters saying they thought he was biased towards Seattle.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sando said as much in some of his replies on ESPN when people accused him of being a homer also. He also stated that to become a writer you had to forgo any allegiances with a team and that was the reason he is no longer a "Raiders" fan.

I bet that's one thing He doesn't miss. All those Whiner fans saying he is a bias homer.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever a writer/blogger gets accused of being a homer for a team, it's just code for "I'm pissed that you're not talking about my team 24/7 like I want you to". Niner trolls would get mad at Sando because they thought that the Niners were the only team in the division worth talking about, and the fact that he used to cover the Hawks exclusively and then dared to mention them in his blog for ESPN as frequently as he mentioned the 49ers made him an easy target. I don't think you ever saw a Cards or Rams fan accuse Sando of Seahawks homerism and if they did, it was far less than Niner trolls did it.