• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whigh two players would you use as your keepers?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvey has 2-5(ADP 32 on fantrax) round value Seager as 3-6 (ADP 52 on Fantrax)round value... this is a points league, so small uptick on pitcher value... although, i don't think the value advantage for pitchers is that much higher than offensive in the first few rounds... the biggest difference though, is that the 2-6 round pitchers are all very similar... for example is Harvey that much of an upgrade over noah sindergaard who also has an ADP of 50 or Carlos Carrasco who has ADP of 53??

If you can guarantee Kershaw, then shouldn't any pitcher in 3-5 round suffice?? and be of similar value??

Seager is being overhyped though, IMO.

He is a good hitter, but lacks he HR + SB upside to be a true fantasy star. His upside is Somewhere between Rendon and Hosmer. That is very good, but still not a no brainer keeper. Especially when you can't keep him forever and the only other keeper plays the same position.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a good hitter, but lacks he HR + SB upside to be a true fantasy star. His upside is Somewhere between Rendon and Hosmer. That is very good, but still not a no brainer keeper. Especially when you can't keep him forever and the only other keeper plays the same position.

While I kind of agree with this, the 13th round is not over rating anyone. If Hosmer was a short stop, he would be an awesome short stop.

That said, Harvey in the 6th is coming around on me. This way, in rounds 2-5 you can concentrate on hitters.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do agree he is overhyped. But value is about league perception. He is being drafted in the 6th or below in every league I have seen. But the overhyped is irrelevant here since he has 13 round value in this draft. That is amazing value for a 6th round(at worst) player. The thing about Harvey is not that he is not great value in the 6th but who he can get instead in the 4th or 5th. Even better, having 2 elite(draft value) SS will make everyone else panic a little on their SS. Will make many go before they should. And that will only help him more. And let's not forget trade value. If you think seager is overhyped then you trade him for anyone. You could get a Carrasco valued pitcher for him pretty easily. Keeping Harvey kind of closed up your options.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he does not need a SS because he already has Correa. Seager is much less valuable to him than any other owner.

Also, keeping Harvey and drafting Kershaw does not prohibit him from picking a guy like Carrasco too. In points leagues, I think a 50-50 approach between SPs and hitters works best in rounds 1-6. Give me 3 aces, and 3 strong bats. I will build the rest of my rotation later on.

Regarding the OF conversations earlier, even though you start 5, there will still be plenty of quality FA options who emerge as the season wears on. I would not adjust draft ranks too much due to lack of depth there. Getting a couple good ones makes sense, but if your 4th and 5th OF aren't up to snuff early, you can fix that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I simply don't believe in drafting a player to trade him. I think we get spoiled in MBBRL where trade partners are almost always available. Not all leagues are like that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I simply don't believe in drafting a player to trade him. I think we get spoiled in MBBRL where trade partners are almost always available. Not all leagues are like that.

I don't either. Just showing that their are more options with seager.

But the real advantage of seager is actually the reason you don't want him. The real advantage is correa. He is only a sophomore but we are already talking him up to be the best thing since sliced bread. And believe me I love sliced bread. But keeping seager too allows you to be wrong on correa. Especially the price you are paying for both it is only upside. And he is going to start both one at SS and one at MI. If there was no MI then I would agree. But there is so his value is still there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing about this league is -- everyone likes to trade. I made 6 trades last year alone, as my top 3 pitchers were strasburg, Kluber and Tanaka, so I had to upgrade. I did really well on the waiver wire though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree with the SB's. The HR's will be there IMO. You have to remember, he is only 21 or 22 so he is still growing into his body. I don't think he will be 35-40 HR type guy, but I think he will be a guy who hits 25-30. He is a big kid right now at 6'4" 215 lbs. He will only get stronger working out in the off-season with a trainer.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey is 6 4" SS, same size as Correa and hit better in the minors than Correa, with a 6' brother already hitting 25 hr a season, not sure about overhyped.

Hell, he was underhyped before last year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey is 6 4" SS, same size as Correa and hit better in the minors than Correa, with a 6' brother already hitting 25 hr a season, not sure about overhyped.

Hell, he was underhyped before last year.

I think Seager will be a fantastic player. I just don't think he makes an elite fantasy asset over the next 2-3 seasons. A good one, yes, but not elite.

Once his 30 HR power develops in his mid 20s, he may be there.