• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which was worse?

Which was worse?

• "The Butt Fumble"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "The Pats lateral disaster"

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NFL tater salad

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or was it the Leon Lett slow down b4 the goal line fumble in the SB?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB fumble didn't matter as much since Dallas was up a 100 but sliding into the football and costing Dallas the win on Thanksgiving was the bigger blunder of the 2.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, meyers pass was awful... but you can at least understand what he was thinking... i mean if someone laterals you the ball and you are about to get hit, you get rid of the ball, dont ya??

i can defend meyers much easier than i can defend Stevenson...

I could understand if Meyers had never seen a football game, much less played in one, and I had no reason to expect him to know what he as doing out there. Otherwise.. no there's nothing to understand.

It was the most idiotic thing I've ever seen an NFL player do on purpose. No comparison to the butt fumble of course, which was simply a fumble.. a funny fumble but it was just a fumble.

Last edited:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was dumb, but wasn't Dallas up by about 30 at the time?

There have been a couple of guys who let go of the ball too early before crossing the goal line, but I don't recall any specifics.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was dumb, but wasn't Dallas up by about 30 at the time?

There have been a couple of guys who let go of the ball too early before crossing the goal line, but I don't recall any specifics.
Yep it's happened to a few clowns.

What made Leon's 2nd bad decision a doozy was it was during the SB. Hero to Zero in a split second. Milliions watching.

I just read ESPN rated these two mishaps #2 and #3 worse blunders.

I didn't read the original article but I think the Bill Buckner missed ground ball to lose the WS would be #1?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the original article but I think the Bill Buckner missed ground ball to lose the WS would be #1?
Buckner was a fine player who should not have been in the game.
He was barely able to stand.
He should have been replaced for defense by Dave Stapleton - an excellent utility player.
The Manager was old-school and would not put Stapleton in the game.
He knew Stapleton was "that guy" the guy in the clubhouse that provided the drugs.
How was this a fault of Bill Buckner?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Butt Fumble occurred in a Thanksgiving night game with the whole country watching. I think it was in the middle of a Jets fiasco where the Patriots scored 21 points in like a minute and a half. A bunch of us watched the game in Massachusetts, and everyone, even our host, mocked his wife for being a West Coast Liberal who tried to shame everyone for laughing so hard.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phantom Touchdown - Vinny Testaverde... Put the Jets up 32-31... It's the reason Instant Replay was brought back...

1671743986574.png

1671744007701.png

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Marshall running the wrong way for what he thought was a touchdown... Instead, it was a safety for the 49ers...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i prefer this one

One of the worst plays of all time, which has kind of skated by over the years, was the Dee Ford offsides play. The stakes could not have been higher. It was the AFC Championship game. The Patriots were down 4 points on their final drive. On a 3rd & 10 from the Chiefs 34, Tom Brady threw an interception that should have sealed the game. It was called back because Chiefs' Defensive End Dee Ford decided to line up on the wrong side of the ball. He didn't affect the play whatsoever. He just lost the game for his team because he didn't understand angles or something.
Rude. But correct. Maybe not embarrassing, but in terms of facepalm worthy things it's up there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckner was a fine player who should not have been in the game.
He was barely able to stand.
He should have been replaced for defense by Dave Stapleton - an excellent utility player.
The Manager was old-school and would not put Stapleton in the game.
He knew Stapleton was "that guy" the guy in the clubhouse that provided the drugs.
How was this a fault of Bill Buckner?
I don't think any Red Sox fan would disagree with that.

However, Buckner was on the field. Moving like a geriatric patient and was unable to field a simple ground ball. It would've been better had he just fell down and let the ball hit him. At least the ball wouldn't have made it to the outfield. We know what happened after that.

It is what it is and it just plain sucked for him, the Sox and Sox Nation.