• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which is it Calipari... Youth is "good" or "bad"

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone can help me out here... I hear (or read) on message boards such as this one that Cal has to pay his players and so "because of his past doings". The thing is, even in both situations involving both Umass and Memphis, neither had anything to do "recruiting".

Players love to play for Cal because he allows freedom on the court. Is he the "best" X & O guy in the game? I don't believe so, but he is a very good coach who doesn't get enough credit.

Again, someone, anyone, please tell how a junior in college taking money, hookers, and rental cars is a recruiting violation? Do those things make a player ineligible? Without question... which is why the NCAA doesn't honor that Final Four or season. That is in now way even close to a recruiting violation. Just a thought.

The Rose situation in Memphis is one that could go either way. When you have a player of his talent level and the NCAA clearing house clears him on two separate occasions, I'm not there isn't a coach in America who doesn't play the kid.

Now, I cannot confirm this but I would have to assume that most every coach in the country has a compliance office or officer within the University to follow up on test scores, paper work and so on. My point is, Cal isn't a boat all by himself as the one coach who doesn't "personally" check the test scores and so on regarding incoming players. That's on Memphis as a whole in my opinion.

Call me a homer or whatever you please but when someone like Trolly, who doesn't lilke Cal can look at the facts and make the argument on his behalf, I have to wonder why more people can't or don't so the same.
We all know why most coaches don't like him... he out recruits them year in and year out and is most always in position to make a run in March.

So.... Suck it!