• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

which basketball league do you like better?

which basketball league do you like better

• NBA

• NCAA

• TATO SALAD WITH EGG AND MUSTARD

Results are only viewable after voting.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched a share of CBB this year and the mid-majors are really suffering. I don't know how to describe it other than there doesn't appear to be much coaching, and the officiating is over the top. They call a foul on practically every possession. The players do nothing but dribble the ball, dribble the ball and with 5 seconds left on the 30, they try to create some kind of bullshit play in the paint. It always fails.
I don't know that the D-1 power leagues are a lot better but some of them have better talent, not better coaching.
I prefer it to the NBA mainly because I at least have a league or team to follow in the NCAA.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the on the floor product is good, but everything else about the NBA is horrid. The current batch of NBA superstars are some of the most unlikable fucktards on the planet, the NBA Playoffs are the most boring playoffs in all of sports, and super teams are lame. There is no parity, but there's always been an issue with the NBA, so that isn't exactly news. I also don't think it is something that they can fix, just because of the nature of the game, but it is still a con.

CBB has a few things they need to fix (like switching from halves to quarters, to improve the flow of the game. Also, the OAD rule needs to go), but it is so much more enjoyable to follow CBB than the NBA, IMO. I've always felt that it is more rewarding to follow a solid college hoops program than it is to follow a solid NBA franchise.

The product is better which is not to say it is more enjoyable for all.

Just like a lot of guys prefer Miley Cyrus to Megan Fox (I dunno, I just made that shit up, I'm sure some guys do).

It's interesting that most of my favorite players in NCAA become NBA afterthoughts: Jalen Brunson, Pat Connaghton, Ben Hansborough. I love watching those types of players. Cerebral but non-athletic. Forced to rely on craftiness.

That kind of player is almost non-existent in the NBA.

But in the same vein, its hard for me to understand why hardcore NCAA fans have zero interest in the NBA. It is after all mostly the same guys.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The product is better which is not to say it is more enjoyable for all.

Just like a lot of guys prefer Miley Cyrus to Megan Fox (I dunno, I just made that shit up, I'm sure some guys do).

It's interesting that most of my favorite players in NCAA become NBA afterthoughts: Jalen Brunson, Pat Connaghton, Ben Hansborough. I love watching those types of players. Cerebral but non-athletic. Forced to rely on craftiness.

That kind of player is almost non-existent in the NBA.

But in the same vein, its hard for me to understand why hardcore NCAA fans have zero interest in the NBA. It is after all mostly the same guys.

because college sports fans loyalty is with the school, not the players. I'm sure they would like to see the players do well at the next level, but they aren't going to become die-hard NBA fans just because their school has produced a few pros.

For a lot of college sports fans, its not about the players, its about the program.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA easily

I don't even care to watch the NBA, I haven't watched a single game of it in over a decade

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA but I really enjoy March Madness.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, the NBA All-Star game was like the biggest day of the year.

I can't remember the last time I've watched the whole game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, the NBA All-Star game was like the biggest day of the year.

I can't remember the last time I've watched the whole game.

I'm a huge nba fan and I don't even watch the game. More of an All Star Saturday night fan

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mid to late 90's I may have said NBA, or maybe CBB by a slim margin. Mid 2000's? CBB easily. Now? CBB by a mile. LeBron and the Warriors have ruined the NBA, even the playoffs.

Give me circa Bulls, Magic, Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Jazz, Lakers, Spurs, Blazers, Sonics, over current day Warriors, Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mid to late 90's I may have said NBA, or maybe CBB by a slim margin. Mid 2000's? CBB easily. Now? CBB by a mile. LeBron and the Warriors have ruined the NBA, even the playoffs.

Give me circa Bulls, Magic, Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Jazz, Lakers, Spurs, Blazers, Sonics, over current day Warriors, Cavs.

The Warriors run is about to end. Just like in the 90's, you have 3 or 4 teams who can win a title. No difference

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors run is about to end. Just like in the 90's, you have 3 or 4 teams who can win a title. No difference
No, there are two teams for the past 9? Years. LeBron's team and one team from the West.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah youre making shit up now.
I am?

I may be wrong on 9 years, but correct me if I am wrong, since LeBron went to Miami it has been whatever team LeBron has been on who represented the East.

The West sends one team that was really good that year. It's been Spurs, Warriors, one time Thunder and one time Dallas. But mostly Spurs and Warriors.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 90's meanwhile were filled with Rockets, Jazz, Sonics, Blazers, Bulls, Magic, Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Pistons, no matter how you try to spin this, the NBA in the mid-late 90's were the best.

Current NBA is two all-star teams just waiting to meet in the Finals, again. Oh forgive me, we are all waiting on the edge of our seats to see if the Rockets can dethrone the Warriors in the West and if the Celtics can actually take down LeBron and Co. this year in the East. Riveting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am?

I may be wrong on 9 years, but correct me if I am wrong, since LeBron went to Miami it has been whatever team LeBron has been on who represented the East.

The West sends one team that was really good that year. It's been Spurs, Warriors, one time Thunder and one time Dallas. But mostly Spurs and Warriors.

The West been unpredictable for all of those years except the past 2 years and even in one of those years where it was predictable, OKC had a 3-1 lead on Golden State with 2 of the top 5 players in basketball on their roster.

This year won't be easy for Golden State either. Their bench is not nearly as good as it's been in the past. Houston is playing at an insane level and OKC is built for the playoffs.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The West been unpredictable for all of those years except the past 2 years and even in one of those years where it was predictable, OKC had a 3-1 lead on Golden State with 2 of the top 5 players in basketball on their roster.

This year won't be easy for Golden State either. Their bench is not nearly as good as it's been in the past. Houston is playing at an insane level and OKC is built for the playoffs.

Keep interested man, good for you.

It's Warriors/Cavs Part IV this June.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 90's meanwhile were filled with Rockets, Jazz, Sonics, Blazers, Bulls, Magic, Knicks, Heat, Pacers, Pistons, no matter how you try to spin this, the NBA in the mid-late 90's were the best.

Current NBA is two all-star teams just waiting to meet in the Finals, again. Oh forgive me, we are all waiting on the edge of our seats to see if the Rockets can dethrone the Warriors in the West and if the Celtics can actually take down LeBron and Co. this year in the East. Riveting.

How exactly is Cleveland an all star team? You sound like a clown. They have Lebron and Love (who isn't a top 20 player) with a bunch of role players.

If you think a team with 2 all star players and a bunch of role players is an all star team then you're just dumb.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's going to be the Pacers vs Thunder in the Finals this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO at Cleveland being an All Star team. They have one superstar, a borderline star, and a bunch of role players.

If that is your definition of an All Star team then we have several All Star teams in the league

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO at Cleveland being an All Star team. They have one superstar, a borderline star, and a bunch of role players.

If that is your definition of an All Star team then we have several All Star teams in the league

Team LeBron had represented the East 8 straight years. No different this season. But you are right, not an all-star team, but they'll still win the East because LeBron is that dominant.

Meaning Warriors/Cavs Part IV will be another Warriors cake walk.