• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

which basketball league do you like better?

which basketball league do you like better

• NBA

• NCAA

• TATO SALAD WITH EGG AND MUSTARD

Results are only viewable after voting.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both and watch both but going to a Thunder game is head and shoulders better than going to an OU basketball game.

Not being able to drink at a sporting event is just super, super lame...

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't allow you to drink at OU home games?

I just assumed. You cannot drink at most college on campus stadiums. Some you can I think.

I find college games are typically rowdier. NBA is more of a family atmosphere.

Should be the other way around...

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't sell beer at like 99% of the college arenas in the country. I think Wake and Syracuse are the only two ACC schools that sell beer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't sell beer at like 99% of the college arenas in the country. I think Wake and Syracuse are the only two ACC schools that sell beer.

Makes sense. Never been to a college game but may go to a tournament game here in Brooklyn this year

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a better product and every time I see an NCAA team blow a 3 on 1 fastbreak, I'm reminded that almost never happens in the NBA.

However, the games mean more in college. That Duke/Virginia game was huge.

The NBA feels like its on cruise control a lot of time.

Also, superteams have killed it a little bit for me. I'm from the era of Bird, Magic, and Jordan.

I feel like the on the floor product is good, but everything else about the NBA is horrid. The current batch of NBA superstars are some of the most unlikable fucktards on the planet, the NBA Playoffs are the most boring playoffs in all of sports, and super teams are lame. There is no parity, but there's always been an issue with the NBA, so that isn't exactly news. I also don't think it is something that they can fix, just because of the nature of the game, but it is still a con.

CBB has a few things they need to fix (like switching from halves to quarters, to improve the flow of the game. Also, the OAD rule needs to go), but it is so much more enjoyable to follow CBB than the NBA, IMO. I've always felt that it is more rewarding to follow a solid college hoops program than it is to follow a solid NBA franchise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just assumed. You cannot drink at most college on campus stadiums. Some you can I think.

I find college games are typically rowdier. NBA is more of a family atmosphere.

Should be the other way around...

I understand that since there so many students between the ages of 18-20

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the on the floor product is good, but everything else about the NBA is horrid. The current batch of NBA superstars are some of the most unlikable fucktards on the planet, the NBA Playoffs are the most boring playoffs in all of sports, and super teams are lame. There is no parity, but there's always been an issue with the NBA, so that isn't exactly news. I also don't think it is something that they can fix, just because of the nature of the game, but it is still a con.

CBB has a few things they need to fix (like switching from halves to quarters, to improve the flow of the game. Also, the OAD rule needs to go), but it is so much more enjoyable to follow CBB than the NBA, IMO. I've always felt that it is more rewarding to follow a solid college hoops program than it is to follow a solid NBA franchise.

I disagree about the NBA superstars being unlikable. Who exactly are you referring to? Lebron can be a bit much at times but outside of that, I don't know which superstars are unlikable. Curry, KD, Harden, Russ, AD, and Leonard are pretty easy to like IMO.

The playoffs only been boring since the Cavs and Warriors happened but before then, they were fun. I see your parity point as in most years, there are only 3-4 teams at most that can win a title but I do think there's a lot of parity in that middle grouping. Let's say teams 5-15 or so are usually very close. At the moment only 3 games separates 3rd and 8th in the East while only 4 games separates 3rd and 7th in the West.

When you have a team with no superstars and not a title contender, the regular season is pretty fun to follow. Since Lebron left Miami, I have truly enjoyed watching the Heat in the regular season in all 4 seasons

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hitman Hart the problems I have with CBB is they should change from halves to quarters as you said. I also think they need to get rid of that possession arrow BS and finally, would be nice to see teams get the ball at half court when calling a timeout in the final 30 seconds to produce more exciting finishes. Always disappointing to see a team down 2 with 1.6 seconds left and not able to get a real chance to tie/win the game.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree about the NBA superstars being unlikable. Who exactly are you referring to? Lebron can be a bit much at times but outside of that, I don't know which superstars are unlikable. Curry, KD, Harden, Russ, AD, and Leonard are pretty easy to like IMO.

The playoffs only been boring since the Cavs and Warriors happened but before then, they were fun. I see your parity point as in most years, there are only 3-4 teams at most that can win a title but I do think there's a lot of parity in that middle grouping. Let's say teams 5-15 or so are usually very close. At the moment only 3 games separates 3rd and 8th in the East while only 4 games separates 3rd and 7th in the West.

When you have a team with no superstars and not a title contender, the regular season is pretty fun to follow. Since Lebron left Miami, I have truly enjoyed watching the Heat in the regular season in all 4 seasons

LeBron- I think this goes without saying at this point.

Durant- the Twitter controversry where he took shots at the Thunder organization and Russell Westbrook while using an anonymous account. Passive aggressive bitch.

Chris Paul- Flopper. Never stops whining to referees. LOL @ his stunt in Houston earlier this year. and this is coming from a die hard Wake Forest fan. Chris Paul is easily the least likable guy that has his jersey in the rafters at Joel Coliseum.

Westbrook- has become more likable in recent years, when I think about it. Has the fashion sense of a 12 year old girl. Should probably take him off this list, but I made my "unlikable fucktard" comment with him in mind, so here he is.

Cousins- never stops whining. Was formerly a dirty player, not sure if he still is.

Griffin- literally assaulted a team manager for the Clippers. What a douche.

Dwight- The saga in Orlando and Los Angeles. I hate it that he plays for the Hornets now. Not a superstar anymore.

DeAndre Jordan- Not really a superstar, but was an All-NBA 1st teamer back in 2016. Remember when he made a handshake agreement with the Mavericks, only to back off it a few days later without telling Dallas? Grown ass men don't pull stunts like that.

and the NBA playoffs pale in comparison to every other major sport in North America. The 1st round is hilariously pointless, because 12 or 13 of the 16 teams have zero chance of winning it all. This is just my opinion, though. We can agree to disagree.

FWIW, I want more super teams. If this is the route we're going to take, let's do it right and turn it to the max. I actually think this past off-season was a plus for the NBA. I just hope Paul George doesn't hurt it by going to a mediocre Lakers squad.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the NBA is a much better product.

Even though the first weekend of March Madness is crazy in terms of upsets and Cinderella teams, the basketball is so bad.
I like watching HS BBall tbh. And have been kicking around the idea of seeing some sweet G League action while Im working in Ft Wayne.

But basketball at its highest level is my favorite.

If another country could challenge us, Olympic ball might be my favorite.

It's almost like that right now with the NBA though. GS is just so damn good.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron- I think this goes without saying at this point.

Durant- the Twitter controversry where he took shots at the Thunder organization and Russell Westbrook while using an anonymous account. Passive aggressive bitch.

Chris Paul- Flopper. Never stops whining to referees. LOL @ his stunt in Houston earlier this year. and this is coming from a die hard Wake Forest fan. Chris Paul is easily the least likable guy that has his jersey in the rafters at Joel Coliseum.

Westbrook- has become more likable in recent years, when I think about it. Has the fashion sense of a 12 year old girl. Should probably take him off this list, but I made my "unlikable fucktard" comment with him in mind, so here he is.

Cousins- never stops whining. Was formerly a dirty player, not sure if he still is.

Griffin- literally assaulted a team manager for the Clippers. What a douche.

Dwight- The saga in Orlando and Los Angeles. I hate it that he plays for the Hornets now. Not a superstar anymore.

DeAndre Jordan- Not really a superstar, but was an All-NBA 1st teamer back in 2016. Remember when he made a handshake agreement with the Mavericks, only to back off it a few days later without telling Dallas? Grown ass men don't pull stunts like that.

The issue with this list is most of these guys are not superstars anymore and some were never. CP and Dwight are no longer superstars. Blake and Jordan were never superstars.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with this list is most of these guys are not superstars anymore and some were never. CP and Dwight are no longer superstars. Blake and Jordan were never superstars.

I mean, we can use the term "stars" if that is more applicable. These guys are some of the more visible names in the league. LeBron and Durant are probably the two biggest names in the NBA right now and a good portion of the NBA audience want to watch them both fall on their faces.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season is CBB by a ton. Postseason is closer but still college .

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know of any college on campus event you can drink at.

MSU built their new press box and suites just off Spartan
Stadium, to allow drinking. But that's State, they have no moral compass.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know of any college on campus event you can drink at.

MSU built their new press box and suites just off Spartan
Stadium, to allow drinking. But that's State, they have no moral compass.
i think theres a few wvu i believe allows it