• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where should Ezekiel Elliot drop?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there was a trade...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he had the 3rd pick in a 5 team league?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he had the 3rd pick in a 5 team league?

ok... so we figured this out there is either 5,7 owners in a normal snake... either 4,5,6,7 can be possibilities if NO snake...

and all 4,5,6,7 can be possibilities if there are draft pick trades...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok... so we figured this out there is either 5,7 owners in a normal snake... either 4,5,6,7 can be possibilities if NO snake...

and all 4,5,6,7 can be possibilities if there are draft pick trades...
I can accept this.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams are in your league that #8 overall is in the 2nd round?

12 teams

#8 overall in the first

I would take him in round 2 with the 16th pick

Now youre making me do math

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
real question - does Dez or Dak get a bump since Zeke is out for 6 games?

I think Dez leap frogs Hilton for me, with all the troubles the Colts are having right now.
Would be perfectly comfortable taking him after Jordy/Green go now

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Dez leap frogs Hilton for me, with all the troubles the Colts are having right now.

i guess both... if dez is better, then Dak Has to too... doesn't he?? only difference is QB, there is less of a difference between players...

In a milkian league though the answer would only be Dez... I don't think Dak's efficiency will improve...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minimal to none. With that line, McFadden and Alf, the game plan isn't going to change much if any. They'll still run the ball nearly as much. If i were guessing any bumps in the passing game, they'd go to Witten and Beasley. The short passing game may fill in for a run game if the replacements aren't getting it done.

Maybe Dez grabs a few more goaline targets that would've been runs with Zeke.. maybe

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something about DMC/Alf/(maybe the cowboys in general?) this year, has me sour on them even combining to replicate Zeke's rookie numbers over 6 games.
So if they can't combine to match Zeke's numbers (imo), wouldn't that mean more passing for Dak, or maybe even more running for Dak?

And any increase in passing attempts boosts a teams top WR's targets/production. I'm thinking we see some more deep balls this season, out of necessity, which should favor Dez. Dak has deep ball skills, not just a check down guy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many playoff teams?? very important to know whether to take a risk on Zeke or not... If there is only 2 playoff teams, then you need every win you can just to make it... But the more playoff teams, then your goal is different, you need to just make it, and then you can dominate in the playoffs with Zeke...

I don't even have to read the rest of the responses because Milk nailed it.

In a league where 4-12 make it, I think he should probably last until at least Early round 3. In leagues where 6 make it, he is a solid second rounder. In leagues where more than half make it? I would consider him at the end of round 1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minimal to none. With that line, McFadden and Alf, the game plan isn't going to change much if any. They'll still run the ball nearly as much. If i were guessing any bumps in the passing game, they'd go to Witten and Beasley. The short passing game may fill in for a run game if the replacements aren't getting it done.

Maybe Dez grabs a few more goaline targets that would've been runs with Zeke.. maybe

Also, keep in mind when those added targets are coming. Additional production in the firstborn 6 weeks is not worth as much as additional production in the last 6 weeks.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something about DMC/Alf/(maybe the cowboys in general?) this year, has me sour on them even combining to replicate Zeke's rookie numbers over 6 games.
So if they can't combine to match Zeke's numbers (imo), wouldn't that mean more passing for Dak, or maybe even more running for Dak?

And any increase in passing attempts boosts a teams top WR's targets/production. I'm thinking we see some more deep balls this season, out of necessity, which should favor Dez. Dak has deep ball skills, not just a check down guy.
Oh no doubts, I'm just saying that, to start with, the plan is going to remain pretty much the same, and then if those guys can't keep the engine firing as normal, then they'll have to do something creative with the pass game, most likely involving Witten and Beasley. The deep game isn't going to work without either a good running attack tho play action off of, or an efficient, effective short game that eventually gets safeties to cheat up a little.

Either way, wether they can handle the duties, or the run game becomes a short pass game, Dez and Dak definitely have some good chemistry and he'll be heavily targeted. . he's not just a deep ball guy. But him being worth more is always going to fall under, can he stay on the field then it will be a possible 3-5 more targets for 6 games

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, keep in mind when those added targets are coming. Additional production in the firstborn 6 weeks is not worth as much as additional production in the last 6 weeks.
I disagree, if you've lost those 6 games, what good does it do?

I think it's reckless to give advice based on playoffs. Surely the man who scored the most points in MBBRL last year, yet got hosed out of the playoffs understands exactly why it's reckless. The entire point of the regular season is to get a chair at the table, hard to find chairs when you show up late tho the party

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Dez gets a big boost....TY is the biggest conundrum to me, he goes from a Top 7-10 guy to absolutely useless if Luck was to miss time...I dealt with him 2 seasons ago when Tolzien was the starter, and he was waiver wire productive...Such a tough call with Hilton

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's reckless to give advice based on playoffs. Surely the man who scored the most points in MBBRL last year, yet got hosed out of the playoffs understands exactly why it's reckless. The entire point of the regular season is to get a chair at the table, hard to find chairs when you show up late tho the party

That isn't giving advice based on the playoffs. But also, this goes back to Milk's comment. You can't plan for the playoffs in MBBRL because competition is high and only 4 get in. In my leagues with friends and co-workers where 6 get in and the comp isn't nearly as strong? Damn straight I am planning for the playoffs. Nothing reckless about that because I get there over 90% of the time.

The point is that if Dez gets a boost, it is only temporary. You have to know your situation and your league. That boost might be worth more where playoff spots are hard to come by, but it is worth almost nothing in a league where you are probably getting in anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Dez is a second round pick. If your team can't manage to win any of its first 6 games with a 2nd round player probably pretty comparable to Dez , then your team wasn't going to make the playoffs anyway.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Dez is a second round pick. If your team can't manage to win any of its first 6 games with a 2nd round player probably pretty comparable to Dez , then your team wasn't going to make the playoffs anyway.
I thought you were talking about Zeke, not Dez