• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where should Ezekiel Elliot drop?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it needs to be restated that this 6 game suspension isn't simply 6 weeks. . it's 7. 7 weeks out of a 13/14 week regular season fantasy schedule. Bare minimum of half the year. And when he comes back? 7 weeks away from the team, not practicing, will those 1st couple weeks back even be worth it?

The more i think about it, the more i wouldn't take hin until the tenth.. assuming the 6 games withstands the appeals

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a chance with him in the 3rd. Just get myself into the playoff hunt then take advantage of Zeke's huge upside.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to pass on him i doubt the appeal will do anything since the NFL already gave him the minimum penalty for DV and i doubt the court would over turn the NFLs decision. If they do put an injunction in to stop the suspension isn't it possible he could end up serving it mid or late season anyways?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come week 8... when your team is either 1-6 or 2-5 and you have 6 games left in your season....
yeah, those last 6 will be awesome!

Maybe its apples to oranges, but...
  • Kenneth Dixon was going in the 7th round and he was only going to miss 4 games.
  • In a similar situation I took suspended 3-game LeVeon Bell last year early in the 2nd. Lost all 3 of those games.
  • Rob Gronkowski typically goes in the late 1st or early 2nd, but if he misses a few games due to injury, he can wreck a fantasy team.
So to feel confident that Zeke in the 3rd or 4th is safe or safer...? I disagree.

I mean, if you don't have any faith in your drafting and ownership to think you will only win one game in that 6 games(who cares about the 7th, as even without suspension you would be needing someone else), then don't do it... But we are all fantasy addicts here, i think with the correct management, i can get to 2 to 4 wins...

And can we stop calling it a 7 game suspension... it is not... it is 6 + a bye... and all players have byes, even your first and second rounders...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As people have mentioned earlier IF the suspension holds he won't play until Week 8.. Would your team be ok till then? Also, how do we truly know what type of player he'll be once he comes back?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you don't have any faith in your drafting and ownership

200.webp

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is that if he is there when I start taking my flex positions (I have 2 in one of my redraw leagues), I would have to consider him. But I also think someone else will jump on him well before that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you don't have any faith in your drafting and ownership to think you will only win one game in that 6 games(who cares about the 7th, as even without suspension you would be needing someone else), then don't do it... But we are all fantasy addicts here, i think with the correct management, i can get to 2 to 4 wins...

And can we stop calling it a 7 game suspension... it is not... it is 6 + a bye... and all players have byes, even your first and second rounders...
No, we can't stop calling it that, because that's what is. 7 weeks away from the team, no team meetings, no practices, no film study, no workouts, no trainers, and most of all, no being around to see/ practice whatever adjustments during the bye are made. Everyone else that just has a bye, which for some reason you think is the same thing, are there in the facility, practicing, implementing those adjustments, studying. . he won't be. . not for six weeks, but for SEVEN.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch him before the 6th Rd. He'll be a fat crater on your bench for half the season. If by some measure of luck you manage to withstand an injury plague to the RB position, he'll really only pay dividends during your league's playoffs... And that's IF you make it without his help. If your league allows up to 6 or 7 bench spots then its a guarantee that someone will reach for him as high as rounds 2-4.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me it will really depend on how things pan out. I have no idea where I pick because we have not gotten that far yet. We also start a RB and a Flex and I like to have RB in both spots. I went RB/RB last yr and ended up with Zeke and Miller as my two starters. I then only really need a 3rd RB that can cover bye weeks or an injury, I def wont take more than 4. So If I can manage to get a couple RB who's bye weeks are later in the yr, I will take a flier on Zeke once I get 2 RB/WR, so thinking RD 5 for me (its how I drafted last yr). I won't jump at a TE because it never works for me. QB I won't touch till after Rd 7.

We also start 3 WR and WR/TE but I feel WR is so deep I can play that 4th WR option on a weekly bases, unless a TE is there I like....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As people have mentioned earlier IF the suspension holds he won't play until Week 8.. Would your team be ok till then? Also, how do we truly know what type of player he'll be once he comes back?

Think about it though.

How many first round picks are top 12 players? "Getting by" until Halloween isn't the problem. Everyone has a 3rd RB. A 4th RB. Then you claim Zeke off waivers for week 8.

Drafting a Lamar Miller in the 2nd doesn't automatically make the first two months a win. And is most likely gonna hurt more on the back nine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it though.

How many first round picks are top 12 players? "Getting by" until Halloween isn't the problem. Everyone has a 3rd RB. A 4th RB. Then you claim Zeke off waivers for week 8.

Drafting a Lamar Miller in the 2nd doesn't automatically make the first two months a win. And is most likely gonna hurt more on the back nine.

Fine.. Prove me wrong again..

ass....

:suds:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a valid point.
There are hits and misses in every round.
Just because we think we've drafted a strong trio in the first 3 rounds, eyeing Zeke in round 4, doesn't mean that those 3 hold up their end of the bargain.

If 1 of the 3 don't hold to their projections and now you add Zeke in round 4 who won't play for half the season... I can't see it starting well unless you hit on some middle and late rounders who are even more risky to succeed.

Last year, if you drafted Gurley (1st), Lacy or Allen Robinson (2nd) and Keenan Allen, Rawls or Moncrief (3rd), you were probably pretty proud of your squad heading into week 1.
O how wrong we can be.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him in Round 2 with the #8 overall

I think you can easily assemble a strong roster and survive the suspension, and once he returns, Boom, what a boost that will be

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I'd take him in the 3rd assuming I was confident I could grab McFadden later.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams in the leage (6 or 8 playoff teams)
PPR

Our draft is this Sunday.

Jesus. Draft him in the 1st still. Target Jacquizz Rodgers later to get you through the first half.

It doesn't matter if you go 12-1 in the regular season if you lose to the guy who has Zeke in the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we can't stop calling it that, because that's what is. 7 weeks away from the team, no team meetings, no practices, no film study, no workouts, no trainers, and most of all, no being around to see/ practice whatever adjustments during the bye are made. Everyone else that just has a bye, which for some reason you think is the same thing, are there in the facility, practicing, implementing those adjustments, studying. . he won't be. . not for six weeks, but for SEVEN.

That's where the risk lies. I don't care about the missed games if he's going to come back as a top 3 back.

He's young, his body will be ready.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also how many bench spots? Maybe I missed that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him in Round 2 with the #8 overall

I think you can easily assemble a strong roster and survive the suspension, and once he returns, Boom, what a boost that will be
How many teams are in your league that #8 overall is in the 2nd round?