• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where should Ezekiel Elliot drop?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't giving advice based on the playoffs. But also, this goes back to Milk's comment. You can't plan for the playoffs in MBBRL because competition is high and only 4 get in. In my leagues with friends and co-workers where 6 get in and the comp isn't nearly as strong? Damn straight I am planning for the playoffs. Nothing reckless about that because I get there over 90% of the time.

The point is that if Dez gets a boost, it is only temporary. You have to know your situation and your league. That boost might be worth more where playoff spots are hard to come by, but it is worth almost nothing in a league where you are probably getting in anyway.
Naw, you can't plan for the playoffs in ANY league, thinking otherwise is reckless. Unless all teams get in, no one should ever assume, on draft day no less, that they can bugger off 6 weeks cuz, "i always make the playoffs".. that's terrible advice. We don't know how competitive his league is, nor if he's king shit in his league. Terrible

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean honestly, i understand the thought process, i get it. More teams higher the chance, less the risk. But come on, we'll debate for days over one or two points per week as to where a guy should be drafted, and here we've got a guaranteed zero for the first 7 weeks, and suddenly it's ok to assume someone can make the playoffs, so go for it? Insanity

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, you can't plan for the playoffs in ANY league, thinking otherwise is reckless. Unless all teams get in, no one should ever assume, on draft day no less, that they can bugger off 6 weeks cuz, "i always make the playoffs".. that's terrible advice. We don't know how competitive his league is, nor if he's king shit in his league. Terrible

Well,

That is how I play in every league I have ever been in and it works pretty well for me. And yes. An good player should always be thinking about the playoffs in leagues were half the league or more gets in. That isn't making assumptions. I play to win and sometimes you have to take chances to get there.

And yes. In my 14 team league where 8 make the playoffs, I pick 13. I may take Zeke in the first round there. No chance I pass in the second at pick 16. And I bet I don't go 0-7.

And frankly, you need to slow your roll here.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite simple really.

I wouldn't advise a novice player to draft Zeke in the 3rd round. But the more skilled you are relative to your league mates, the better you will be able to navigate the first few weeks without him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,

That is how I play in every league I have ever been in and it works pretty well for me. And yes. An good player should always be thinking about the playoffs in leagues were half the league or more gets in. That isn't making assumptions. I play to win and sometimes you have to take chances to get there.

And yes. In my 14 team league where 8 make the playoffs, I pick 13. I may take Zeke in the first round there. No chance I pass in the second at pick 16. And I bet I don't go 0-7.

And frankly, you need to slow your roll here.
Ok, I'll slow my roll. But consider this, all those questions we ask. . how many do you start, what's your bench, what's your scoring, and on and on, before we give many people any advice on anything. . are rendered entirely pointless, because apparently, all the matters, is how many teams make the playoffs. All the thought and consideration is moot if how many teams make the playoffs is the deciding factor in taking a zero for 7 weeks.

I'm sorry you find my opinion of this offensive, but that's where it's at.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll slow my roll. But consider this, all those questions we ask. . how many do you start, what's your bench, what's your scoring, and on and on, before we give many people any advice on anything. . are rendered entirely pointless, because apparently, all the matters, is how many teams make the playoffs. All the thought and consideration is moot if how many teams make the playoffs is the deciding factor in taking a zero for 7 weeks.

I'm sorry you find my opinion of this offensive, but that's where it's at.

Your opinion isn't offensive. The way you expressed it is. You are way out line calling my advice terrible and repeating it over and over. Disagree all you want. But don't be an ass.

And yes, bench size matters for sure. As does every other detail. Most important is how hard it is to make the playoffs though.

Because honestly, I am not sure I pull the trigger on Zeke in the third round in MBBRL, but I am taking him top 16 in that other league. It is 95% about how likely you are to be able to recover and still make it in the playoffs. Quality of competition and number of teams in matter more than anything else.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your opinion isn't offensive. The way you expressed it is. You are way out line calling my advice terrible and repeating it over and over. Disagree all you want. But don't be an ass.

And yes, bench size matters for sure. As does every other detail. Most important is how hard it is to make the playoffs though.

Because honestly, I am not sure I pull the trigger on Zeke in the third round in MBBRL, but I am taking him top 16 in that other league. It is 95% about how likely you are to be able to recover and still make it in the playoffs. Quality of competition and number of teams in matter more than anything else.
Gotcha, well, I'm sorry it was presented, and taken that way. Still respect you, still like you, still stand by that opinion in this particular matter