• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is WVU headed?????

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was completely disgusted by last nights game, my son, a buddy and I were at hunting camp doing a little bow hunting, I saw one doe close enough to shoot, but chose not to. We sat in front of the TV, cold beers in hand, ready to watch ball, my buddy is an OSU fan, so we planned to switch back and forth. Where is this team headed??? No part of the team functioned even OK yesterday, the defense that has been a bright spot couldn't stop anything, the offense could not move the ball at all against their first team defense, STs are still horrible. Baylor scored at will, and anyone pointing to a bright spot in the second half is fooling themselves. Baylor substituted personnel and practiced plays in the 2nd half. The brightest spot I saw was that Trickett is an ironman!!!! kid is TOUGH. Holgorsen yelling at him for weak throws when his arm was hanging like a rag doll was pretty poor on his part. Joe Efore is still walking around with his backwards hat looking like the village idiot, not doing ANY coaching at all. Lets take a look at results.... Holgorsen has been our HC for 32 games, we are 20-12 in those games, 13-12 against BSC teams, 7-0 against 1AA, and mid major teams, of those 25 games against top league teams,3 have been 20+ point wins, 10 have been 10- point wins, 8 have been 20+ point losses, have been 10- point losses, NO game has been decided by between 10-20 points. ONE IN THREE TIMES WVU HAS FACED A BSC LEAGUE TEAM HAS BEEN A BLOWOUT LOSS. During last nights game, they showed Luck in his box, he looked like he was smelling a porta john that had not been cleaned in a good long time. What was he thinking, as I am sure that this was NOT what he had in mind when Holgorsen was hired. Needless to say, we watched WAY more OSU-NW than WVU-Baylor. I do NOT expect WVU to go undefeated every year, BUT I DO expect to see a competative team on the field EVERY week!!!!!! The homers who have their head stuck in the sand need to wake up, our beloved football program that has clawed its way up from obscurity to national relevance is falling quickly off the map. The B12 as a whole is WAY down since last year, and WVU is near the bottom of the league, KU has been more competative so far this year............... I hope that things improve soon, before WVU is mentioned along side of Minn, IAST, etc......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana was yelling at Trickett because Trickett was not reading his hand signals correctly; and was not calling the right plays.

To be fair to Clint, Dana said Paul made some wrong calls too.

Not sure why anyone would say the Big 12 is way down. It has 4 teams ranked in the Coach's top 20... 3 of them are undefeated.

One has to remember, this is a rebuilding year for Dana and his staff. WVU has one of the youngest teams in BCS.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana was yelling at Trickett because Trickett was not reading his hand signals correctly; and was not calling the right plays.

Not sure why anyone would say the Big 12 is way down. It has 4 teams ranked in the Coach's top 20... 3 of them are undefeated.

One has to remember, this is a rebuilding year for Dana and his staff. WVU has one of the youngest teams in BCS.
Listen to the radio, watch TV, watch the games, the B12 IS way down, I do not see how anyone can say they are not.... There is not a team in the B12 who could hang with anyone in the top 10, Baylor is the only one who MIGHT!!!!! By the end of the year, there will be MAYBE two B12 teams ranked. The B12 is no where near what they were in the past!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell are these coaches teaching at practice?????? Why are they having all these gameday issues with communication??? Is Holgoren THAT paranoid about the other coaches reading his signals that he has made them to where his own players can't read them????? These are smart kids, they are receiving ineffective coaching....... I am tired of watching the team getting manhandled by teams they should compete with, I am tired of homer fans making excuses for shitty coaching, I am tired of watching our offensive "guru" run the SAME DAMN PLAY 14 times in a row, five years ago WVU could compete head to head with CFBs BEST, now we can not compete with middle of the road teams. :wtf2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to the radio, watch TV, watch the games, the B12 IS way down, I do not see how anyone can say they are not.... There is not a team in the B12 who could hang with anyone in the top 10, Baylor is the only one who MIGHT!!!!! By the end of the year, there will be MAYBE two B12 teams ranked. The B12 is no where near what they were in the past!!!!!

Why listen to talking heads promoting their own brand? Weren't you and DC recently bitching about poll bias?

None of know how the season will end. Today, I would say Baylor is as good a team as any in the country. The Big 12 is only surpassed by the SEC in number of ranked teams. The SEC has only a slight advantage in the percentage of conference teams currently ranked.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here come the absolutes...

You yourself said you did not watch most of the game than you missed a very good football team in Baylor. A team with exp around the roster who have worked in this system for a while. Speed was unreal, one missed tackle and they were gone. Art Briles was 7-17 his first 3 seasons in the Big 12 wish they had the same dumbass fan base we did and canned him then, 17-25 overall in 6 seasons. Baylor is going to be around at the end of the season this team is no fluke.

As far as the kids getting the signals...Geno had no problem getting them in a short period of time, when is it on the player to put the work in? Everyone annoitted Trickett the starter from day one and he himself admitted he has not picked up the signals as fast as he should have. Everyone has said this is a simple offense to teach, why are these knuckleheads not picking it up?

Not sure what issues you had with special teams last night, didn't cost us possessions or give up any points...they scored a TD so it might be are only bright spot.

Bright spots: Not many....Kevin White became more aggressive and looked good hopefully he can build off that. Charles Sims has no quit to him, been like that all year. Besides that not much.

Really disappointed in the tackling, it was one miss tackle and they were gone. Both D line and O line were pushed around. DB's were overmatched and that QB put the ball on the money.

I wish we could return to our heritage at WVU like under Stew and Rod...winning all those national championships and never having any struggles..oh wait.

Our fan base is the best hear from more of them after L's than Wins...lol. So happy to be apart of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why listen to talking heads promoting their own brand? Weren't you and DC recently bitching about poll bias?

None of know how the season will end. Today, I would say Baylor is as good a team as any in the country. The Big 12 is only surpassed by the SEC in number of ranked teams. The SEC has only a slight advantage in the percentage of conference teams currently ranked.

Don't say anything good about the Big 12 BB we should have stayed in the American conf so we could keep winning against nobodies and keep the masses happy. Where legends are built from presume speeches, and the color of your shirt matters.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You crying bitch, stop your crying and be a man, You want your son to grow up to be as big a PUSSY as you. Its a dam game Grow up

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, Millard and Childress were practicing all last year, and Millard played a good bit, so they SHOULD know the signals. If our QBs really are stupid or lazy, then signal the play into someone else and let him call the play, or simplify the damn signals, Holgorsen talks about his offense being simple and easy to learn, we heard from other schools fans how his offense was so great that anyone could score huge numbers in it, that any group of players could be put in and expect the same results, 56-14 at the half, UNACCEPTABLE, and its on the damn coach, period. Had Baylor not called off the dogs and treated the 2nd half like a scrimmage, it could have been 112-28. This team is going BACKWARDS. We have a stable of pretty damn good running backs, yet we throw three passes and punt time and again. This guy is even more hard headed than Fraud was!!!!! Next year is it, if the team does not win at least 8 games in 2014, it will be time to make a change.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't say anything good about the Big 12 BB we should have stayed in the American conf so we could keep winning against nobodies and keep the masses happy. Where legends are built from presume speeches, and the color of your shirt matters.

Bullshit, DC, we moved from one sit on their ass do nothing conference to another, the B12 is doing EXACTLY what the BE did, sit and wait to be picked apart. The quality of ball in the B12 has gone down this year, the league champion from last year lost to a 1AA team!!!!!! Texas is a shadow of what they once were, Oklahoma is going to drop some of those games they are letting lesser teams hang around in. Guys, a 10 point loss to a good team is one thing, blowout losses in a third of the games (even those lousy BE teams) is NOT acceptable at WVU.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, Millard and Childress were practicing all last year, and Millard played a goodthey SHOULD know the signals. If our QBs really are stupid or lazy, then signal the play into someone else and let him call the play, or simplify the damn signals, Holgorsen talks about his offense being simple and easy to learn, we heard from other schools fans how his offense was so great that anyone could score huge numbers in it, that any group of players could be put in and expect the same results, 56-14 at the half, y have a halftUNACCEPTABLE, and its on the damn coach, period. Had Baylor not called off the dogs and treated the 2nd half like a scrimmage, it could have been 112-28. This team is going BACKWARDS. We have a stable of pretty damn good running backs, yet we throw three passes and punt time and again. This guy is even more hard headed than Fraud was!!!!! Next year is it, if the team does not win at least 8 games in 2014, it will be time to make a change.

If everyone is saying it is easy, and his track record seems to prove that with new QBs including Geno, then the only other explanation is the players themselves.

As to the score..lol...I garuntee that won't be the last time they have a score like that...as much as you want to blame our coaching and program failures, Baylor has put together a very good team..that was no fluke they are fast at all the positions(dare to say faster than Oregon) and they have skills. #5 as a beast at WR and seastrunk is the real deal.

We simply do not have a qB and that is frustrating...said it last night and stick to it, same plays were open last night as last year, but we could not get the ball to the WR and that sucks.

Next year I will probably be with you, DH better hope Crest can play or one of our current guys grow up...cause we will be the one with the exp next year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone is saying it is easy, and his track record seems to prove that with new QBs including Geno, then the only other explanation is the players themselves.

As to the score..lol...I garuntee that won't be the last time they have a score like that...as much as you want to blame our coaching and program failures, Baylor has put together a very good team..that was no fluke they are fast at all the positions(dare to say faster than Oregon) and they have skills. #5 as a beast at WR and seastrunk is the real deal.

We simply do not have a qB and that is frustrating...said it last night and stick to it, same plays were open last night as last year, but we could not get the ball to the WR and that sucks.

Next year I will probably be with you, DH better hope Crest can play or one of our current guys grow up...cause we will be the one with the exp next year.
It is hard for me to put a lot of blame on Trickett, he is playing with what is obviously a lot of pain, and it is affecting his throws. His passes floated a bit last night, and other times they just died. His arm is making it hard to get the ball out there to the right guy. Trickett looks to be the best of the three, he was looking good against OSU before he got crushed. I agree that the OL needs to step it up, hard for ANY QB to get the ball to the open guy when he has three DLs in his face!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit, DC, we moved from one sit on their ass do nothing conference to another, the B12 is doing EXACTLY what the BE did, sit and wait to be picked apart. The quality of ball in the B12 has gone down this year, the league champion from last year lost to a 1AA team!!!!!! Texas is a shadow of what they once were, Oklahoma is going to drop some of those games they are letting lesser teams hang around in. Guys, a 10 point loss to a good team is one thing, blowout losses in a third of the games (even those lousy BE teams) is NOT acceptable at WVU.

Yeah yeah the Cincys of the world were just as good and we played such a great schedule blah blah blah...I guess it was no coincidence that we starting winning the BE when Miami, BC, and VA tech left...none of the shit you spew about the big 12 has even happened yet nor do we know if it will happen...why is the Big 12 down again because a team keeps winning close games??? Oh no the league champ from LAST YEAR lost oh shit then we all suck because one team lost a bad game. How many bad L's did the big east have over the years? Oh but that don't count....how about parity? What is the difference if it is Texas or Oklahoma winning or Baylor and Texas Tech.

I swear our fanbase might be the biggest dipshits in college football..I hope you are right and Luck drives this shitty fanbase right into oblivion so we can just go back to being backwoods hicks who root for our one big game a year in conf USA and I can stay home and watch the real teams in other conf on TV. I mean before DH got here we were on the brink every season for years, well once all the good teams left our conference...

Enjoy the bye week boys taking a break from the postings, I can't take the hillbilly elitism and stay a fan of these boards

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about one of the youngest teams in college football competing in one of the best conferences in college football.... right?

Just wanna be clear....

To date, WVU has played the #10, 15, and 20 teams in the country. Two of them on the road, where it is never easy.

Have the losses been embarrassing? Hell yes they have.

But there are 6 games left. We'll see where the team stands after game 12.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for me to put a lot of blame on Trickett, he is playing with what is obviously a lot of pain, and it is affecting his throws. His passes floated a bit last night, and other times they just died. His arm is making it hard to get the ball out there to the right guy. Trickett looks to be the best of the three, he was looking good against OSU before he got crushed. I agree that the OL needs to step it up, hard for ANY QB to get the ball to the open guy when he has three DLs in his face!!!!

Trickett has guts, and he is tough. But he sucks. The Florida State fans warned us not to get excited over him, they were right.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about one of the youngest teams in college football competing in one of the best conferences in college football.... right?

Just wanna be clear....

To date, WVU has played the #10, 15, and 20 teams in the country. Two of them on the road, where it is never easy.

Have the losses been embarrassing? Hell yes they have.

But there are 6 games left. We'll see where the team stands after game 12.

Lets get to game 12 before we put much stock in the polls, as we saw from FSU drumming UMD, from WVU beating OSU, ND year after year, right on down the line, those numbers mean jack.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sky is falling , the sky is falling--no just panic on the fan base. I don't worry about Holgerson as a Coach. He can win and has not had a bad start to his career here. We are taking ass beatings because this is a very young group that will need time to mature. The mistakes this team is making is more attributable to physical ability and youth--period. Spin it anyway you want to but it is what it is. Every program endures this kind of pain eventually. The only one that has avoided this type of situation is Alabama. The recruiting down there happens effortlessly. Yet Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and others have seen it too. Everybody needs to relax and let this team mature. You wont be winning any Orange Bowls or winning 10 games this year but you are laying a foundation that will get you there again.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets get to game 12 before we put much stock in the polls, as we saw from FSU drumming UMD, from WVU beating OSU, ND year after year, right on down the line, those numbers mean jack.

You are so right!

By season's end, it may be seen that the WVU schedule will consist of even more ranked teams... and the rankings of some may be higher too.

Life in the Big 12 baby.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game in three games is a blowout loss, 2011 LSU and 'Cuse, 2012 KSU, TT, OSU, and ,Cuse, 2013 UMD, and Baylor SO our blowout losses have been to::: 4 B12 teams, two sorry ass BE teams, an SEC team and a sorry ass ACC team, hmmmmm. By the way, we are playing four CURRENTLY ranked teams this year, In 2007, we played FIVE. AND for your info WVU won the BE twice while Miami was there, and three times after they left. Only twice did WVU get through the BE schedule undefeated 1993 and 2005, even that great season of 2007 WVU finished 5-2 in the BE. Keep losing a third of the games by 20+ points and the stadium will be a ghost town. I wish I had as much to keep me busy as our troll does that thinks he is doing something by giving thumbs down, oooooo, what a cool guy.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so right!

By season's end, it may be seen that the WVU schedule will consist of even more ranked teams... and the rankings of some may be higher too.

Life in the Big 12 baby.
UMMMMM, there will be no more, the league teams are playing each other now, so I doubt that we will see anyone remaining on the schedule move up without others dropping.