• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's Miserie's game?

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I still haven't gotten used to our SEC east addition. Of all the SEC teams, east and west, I know the least about Missouri and have no idea what to think about next week. I don't know their stadium volume or team talents....nuffin.

The beat the Huskies and Cocks then lost to Kentucky...and didn't score more than 13 in any of those 3 games. Seems like they're about what I expected UF to be before the season.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't very impressive on the offensive side and will have a true freshman starting in his 2nd game. The receivers are also not very experienced, there is a reason they haven't scored many points this year. Their defense is good but they also haven't really played a team with a good offense so it is hard to say how good they really are.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't very impressive on the offensive side and will have a true freshman starting in his 2nd game. The receivers are also not very experienced, there is a reason they haven't scored many points this year. Their defense is good but they also haven't really played a team with a good offense so it is hard to say how good they really are.

Sounds like who we were supposed to be. They worry me because of the unfamiliarity and how well things went last Saturday. I hope nobody is looking passed them to the next monster games.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most sites have Florida as a 5.5 point favorite which is interesting. Florida is undefeated vs the spread and Mizzou is 1-4 against the spread. Both teams dominated their last game but Florida's competition was perceived to be much better.

Florida really should be 8 to 10 point favorites and I think the uncertainty that Mauk might have been holding the team back is the only thing keeping that at 5.5. Pinkel has been ridiculously conservative with the new QB Lock. He'll be forced to open things up against Florida and you'll basically be throwing a guy with 50 career attempts into the fire with no real elite weapons around him.

I think Mizzou has a chance but I also think they are a team that opponents want to play now and not at the end of the season. The South Carolina game was the first game where they looked like they hit their stride and they let off the gas on offense.

That said, there is also the possibility that Florida doesn't show up. Its hard to know how good the Gators are, too

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main game plan seems to be "let the other guys fuck up more"

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most sites have Florida as a 5.5 point favorite which is interesting. Florida is undefeated vs the spread and Mizzou is 1-4 against the spread. Both teams dominated their last game but Florida's competition was perceived to be much better.

Florida really should be 8 to 10 point favorites and I think the uncertainty that Mauk might have been holding the team back is the only thing keeping that at 5.5. Pinkel has been ridiculously conservative with the new QB Lock. He'll be forced to open things up against Florida and you'll basically be throwing a guy with 50 career attempts into the fire with no real elite weapons around him.

I think Mizzou has a chance but I also think they are a team that opponents want to play now and not at the end of the season. The South Carolina game was the first game where they looked like they hit their stride and they let off the gas on offense.

That said, there is also the possibility that Florida doesn't show up. Its hard to know how good the Gators are, too

I wouldn't say Mizzou dominated SC, they beat them by 14 and SC is not good this year.

And the bolded; you can say that about a lot of teams. We did dominate a team that was ranked #3 after they beat Alabama at Bama. Mizzou hasn't beaten anybody and they lost to an OK Kentucky team who Florida beat. Mizzou will face the best defense they have played all year and I would be surprised if Lock will be able to beat the Florida secondary. But like you said it is possible we don't show up and we overlook this game with LSU coming up but I think that chance is small

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Mizzou dominated SC, they beat them by 14 and SC is not good this year.
It could've been a lot more than 14. SCs TD was a pretty major fluke and the Tigers totally packed it in on offense at halftime.

I'm not saying Florida might overlook this game. No chance. If you can win the division twice in a row and have teams fall asleep against you then I don't even know what to say. I'm just saying the sample size on Florida being a good team is really small. I suspect there is a good chance both teams think that Pinkel will go super conservative 3-4 yard pass offense and if Pinkel opens things up then there is a chance that Mizzou catches Florida with their pants down. There is also a really good chance that Lock looks lost and like a freshman playing with no chemistry with the team around him.

Basically its Florida's game to lose unless Lock is special.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could've been a lot more than 14. SCs TD was a pretty major fluke and the Tigers totally packed it in on offense at halftime.

I'm not saying Florida might overlook this game. No chance. If you can win the division twice in a row and have teams fall asleep against you then I don't even know what to say. I'm just saying the sample size on Florida being a good team is really small. I suspect there is a good chance both teams think that Pinkel will go super conservative 3-4 yard pass offense and if Pinkel opens things up then there is a chance that Mizzou catches Florida with their pants down. There is also a really good chance that Lock looks lost and like a freshman playing with no chemistry with the team around him.

Basically its Florida's game to lose unless Lock is special.

They were up by 7 at halftime, why would the pack it in on offense? They haven't done anything on offense all year with the high point total of 27 against an FCS team and Arkansas State. There is nothing they have done on offense to suggest they will score over 20 against the best defense they will face all year.

I have a feeling if they do open up the offense like you said it will won't end well for Lock. Serious question, what makes you think they haven't opened up the offense all year and if they haven't, why?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, what makes you think they haven't opened up the offense all year and if they haven't, why?
The why is easy. No experience. I can't imagine how hard practice is when no one has caught the ball, ran the ball or thrown the ball before against real competition.

Mizzou should be major underdogs in this game. The vegas line tells me that people aren't sold on Florida yet. The Tiger's defense has been really good against the cupcakes but it wasn't good against Kentucky. There is talent on the roster in lots of places other than the oline but too much of that talent has no experience. I figured this was an 8-4 rebuilding but still competent team before the season. The general thought behind the division this year was that Georgia was the team to beat and Tennessee, Kentucky, Mizzou or Florida was going to rise up to challenge. It pretty clearly looks like Florida.