• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What will the Seahawks record be in 2022?

What will the Seahawks record be this year?

• More than 10 wins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 9-8

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 6-11

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • 5-12

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • 4-13

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3-14

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 2-15

• 1-16

• 0-17

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I guess the point is sort of moot here anyway. It's not like Russ wanted to stay. He didn't want to be here and that may have been one of reasons the return from Denver was not as good as some expected.

Honestly, Russ not wanting to be here is the reason I'm ok with trading him. He was gonna walk if he didn't want to be here. It's the "well we didn't need him anyway" attitude that some have taken. Right now, many have all their hopes pinned on this team getting a top 5 pick and immediately returning us to where Russ had us. That has rarely happened. If we're in the 11-15 range - this whole thing blew up and we'd probably have been better finding another way to make Russ happy instead of mortgaging the future so he wouldn't be disgruntled.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're in the 11-15 range - this whole thing blew up and we'd probably have been better finding another way to make Russ happy instead of mortgaging the future so he wouldn't be disgruntled.
theres just no way this team wins 7 games. 4 wins is a real possibility which could put us in a top 3 pick

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah they are getting larger slices, but the ones winning are still at 11%-12%. That's quite a bit less than 17.5%.

I don't think anybody is saying that Seattle has a better chance to win with a bad roster and a rookie QB than with a bad roster and a top tier QB. That's silly. The argument is just that it's hard to build a good roster while you are paying a QB 15%+ of your salary cap and that by trading Russ it allows the team to more easily build a good roster that will be able to compete when/if they can draft a good QB or who knows? Maybe attract one in free agency at the right price.

The last few years Seattle has had a mediocre roster with a top tier QB and that was good for a one and done in the playoffs and that was pretty much the likely scenario every year moving forward. Seattle has not been a serious championship contender since about 2017. From that perspective nothing really changes this season. They're just rebuilding. And that's not easy, but it's also not easy to rebuild while you're dumping a huge chunk of the salary cap into one player.

And I guess the point is sort of moot here anyway. It's not like Russ wanted to stay. He didn't want to be here and that may have been one of reasons the return from Denver was not as good as some expected.

To be clear, though, Russ wasn't the one drafting Malik McDowell and LJ Collier and Christine Michael.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Russ not wanting to be here is the reason I'm ok with trading him. He was gonna walk if he didn't want to be here. It's the "well we didn't need him anyway" attitude that some have taken. Right now, many have all their hopes pinned on this team getting a top 5 pick and immediately returning us to where Russ had us. That has rarely happened. If we're in the 11-15 range - this whole thing blew up and we'd probably have been better finding another way to make Russ happy instead of mortgaging the future so he wouldn't be disgruntled.

Russ would have stayed if they got rid of Pete. Jodi chose Pete.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might beat Giants and Jets at home, absolutely no road wins. 2 wins at most this year. Pete and John gotta go...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might beat Giants and Jets at home, absolutely no road wins. 2 wins at most this year. Pete and John gotta go...

2?! Yeah right.

We're gonna lose every game by 35 points, we'll play extra games against XFL teams and lose those too, then every player on the Hawks will go on the Masked Singer and lose.

Did I do that right? Sorry, I haven't been drinking this morning.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres just no way this team wins 7 games. 4 wins is a real possibility which could put us in a top 3 pick

Doesn't matter. Unless this roster is good enough to win 7 or more games with a mediocre QB, then a top 3 pick in a QB won't do much more than return this team to where they were with Russell the last few years.

Russ would have stayed if they got rid of Pete. Jodi chose Pete.

True, and they chose Pete long before fans even knew for certain that Russ may even want out. It's probably no coincidence that it was first reported that Russell wanted to be traded less than 3 months after Pete was extended.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. Unless this roster is good enough to win 7 or more games with a mediocre QB, then a top 3 pick in a QB won't do much more than return this team to where they were with Russell the last few years.

Too many fans think that all we need is a top 5 pick and we will just turn everything around.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many fans think that all we need is a top 5 pick and we will just turn everything around.
Zero depth....Bad drafting left the cupboards empty. Gonna take years to rebuild.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is where? 10-12 wins and a playoff spot? isnt that what everyone here was so happy about for the last 10 years?
if they get the QB and rebuild the defense, they will be in contention again.

tanking this year is going to be a big part of that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is where? 10-12 wins and a playoff spot? isnt that what everyone here was so happy about for the last 10 years?

I agree. If the team hits on all of their draft picks and gets an elite QB, they will be in contention again. Can't argue with that logic.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've already highlighted the likelihood of that happening.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking isn't going to make this team better. The Hawks have proven that they draft with no reasoning. They draft players that we all just scratch our heads about for the most part ( Early ) and it hardly ever works.

What they need to do is go back to signing 200 different players and dig through all the crap to find 2 to 3 players that can play, just like they did in 2010 and 2011 when Pete first got here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking isn't going to make this team better. The Hawks have proven that they draft with no reasoning. They draft players that we all just scratch our heads about for the most part ( Early ) and it hardly ever works.

What they need to do is go back to signing 200 different players and dig through all the crap to find 2 to 3 players that can play like they did in 2010 and 2011.

The other issue is that if the team tanks next year, then PC and JS are probably fired. So then the team has to start completely over.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance will be a net positive over Jimmy G.

Now I don't buy into this he's a dark horse MVP candidate and he'll explode on the scene like Mahomes and Lamar did year 2 but he'll improve the running game because he himself is a threat with the ball in his hands and he can actually punish defenses that over-commit to stopping the run by hitting the deep ball.

He's going to have plays that wow you a game and plays where he throws behind an open guy on 3rd and 6 and make you groan. Just part of the growing pains of a guy that doesn't have much football under his belt and still refining his mechanics.

But Jimmy G was just like a pitcher with one really good pitch and that's it. Jimmy was excellent hitting guys like Deebo and Kittle down the middle of the field in that 10 to 20 yard range and that's it. Couldn't/wouldn't throw deep or really attack outside the numbers. He was also prone to making back-breaking INTs and while he had moments of being clutch he completely disappeared in the playoffs.
I hope for your sake that you're correct on Lance being an upgrade.

Dude has all the talent in the world, but in the games I watched him he looked atrocious as a passer. Although for what it's worth, I thought Josh Allen would be a bust and he has a very similar skill set and background as Lance. I just feel like you guys might be better off rolling with Jimmy G, not because he's a great QB, but you guys have such a loaded roster that I think you guys can go deep in the playoffs with just a game manager. If Lance plays like he did last year I think you guys might be in trouble. If he does take the next step and is an upgrade over Jimmy G, you guys will be real dangerous.

I will say I'm a big fan of how the 49ers run their offense which I think is a testament to the coaching ya'll have. If Lance does take the next step, you guys will probably be one of the most exciting teams to watch this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously that's not going to completely turn the team around, but we need a QB and a top-5 pick can get us one. The rest just depends on the front office making prudent moves in the draft and free agency.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other issue is that if the team tanks next year, then PC and JS are probably fired. So then the team has to start completely over.
There are a lot of directions that the team could go if we tank, so it's hard to say. I think they had a really good draft and given the loss of Wilson, I think that gives them a bit of time.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously that's not going to completely turn the team around, but we need a QB and a top-5 pick can get us one. The rest just depends on the front office making prudent moves in the draft and free agency.

It's a complete crap shoot though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of directions that the team could go if we tank, so it's hard to say. I think they had a really good draft and given the loss of Wilson, I think that gives them a bit of time.

Well we don't know if they had a good draft yet. We will find out in a few weeks.

If the team goes 3-14, then it's pretty unlikely that the draft was nearly as good as some fans think.