• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first-round picks — 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2021 — are the only ones the Heat have traded in advance of the draft since 2011. It’s easy to criticize the Heat’s handling of draft picks, but it’s also easy to justify each of those moves when you see what those selections were given away for.

Got 2 titles & 4 finals appearances from trading those picks

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone actually believe it?

#gullible

Nah.

I thought it was plausible.

If you remember at the time, there was a bunch of crazy, unexplainable things happening there and the mood seemed to shift overnight.

They got killed in the Finals, but everything was fine. Griffin was negotiating deals to land Butler or George, then he wasn't renewed, there were reports swirling that Cleveland players were telling Butler and others that they should not come to Cleveland, then Kyrie demanded a trade.

The way last summer went down makes me think there was defintely something that happened behind the scene to change the attitude of the players. TJL probably did make up his story, but I guarantee something pretty big happened that is not privy to the public.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually heard a rumor from someone who coaches basketball in the NE Ohio area that LeBron is def. gone and going to LA.

It is from a source I actually relatively believe a well.

Obviously it is not written in stone or anything, but it surprised me that this person would think this in such a definitive manner.

I am becoming more and more resigned ot the fact that he is gone.

I just hope that if he does leave they do not try this pseudo-contending crap- and just deal Love and start over.

Wait....

I thought there was a 0% chance of LeBron going to LA unless another star joined him?

Care to rethink that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....

I thought there was a 0% chance of LeBron going to LA unless another star joined him?

Care to rethink that?
obviously that means another star is joining him

unless you would like to bet on that?

if LeBron ends up in LA without Kawhi, George, or Cp3- ill give you 8k in vcash--- but if he doesnt- and he remains in Cleveland, you give me 4?

you want to step up?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami’s 2011 first-round pick was traded to the Raptors to complete a sign-and-trade agreement for Bosh. The Heat’s 2013 and 2016 first-round selections were sent to the Cavaliers in the sign-and-trade that brought James to Miami.

You can’t argue against those deals. The Heat won two NBA championships with Bosh and James in 2013 and 2014.

And Miami’s 2018 and 2021 first-rounders were traded to Phoenix to acquire Dragic in 2015. That move didn’t bring titles, but circumstances make it unfair to criticize that trade.

Just days after the Heat added Dragic to a core that already included Bosh and Wade, Bosh was diagnosed with his first blood clot issue. When Bosh returned the following season, the Heat outscored opponents by 92 points in 44 games – 26-18 record in those games — with Bosh and Dragic on the court together in 2015-16 before Bosh went out again due to blood clots.

The idea was that Dragic, Bosh and Wade would be good enough to contend in the Eastern Conference. But that group really never got a chance to play together because of Bosh’s health issues.

Those first-round picks — 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018 and 2021 — are the only ones the Heat have traded in advance of the draft since 2011. It’s easy to criticize the Heat’s handling of draft picks, but it’s also easy to justify each of those moves when you see what those selections were given away for.

@WiggyRuss
Off topic, but pretty much shows you are wrong for criticizing Riley.
you think it was worth it to add Dragic to a team going no where?

or it was worth it to trade a first rounder attached to Joel Anthony just to save money?

i obviously have no problems with the ones traded for LeBron or Bosh- thats for sure.

its funny Philly has that unprotected pick now.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or it was worth it to trade a first rounder attached to Joel Anthony just to save money?

i obviously have no problems with the ones traded for LeBron or Bosh- thats for sure.

Re read the part about how Bosh’s illness occured days after, and how they performed when all 3 played.

As far as Anthony and in general, sometimes being prudent doesn’t equate to cheap.
You always seem to ignore the inflated taxes and penalties for being a repeater.

And, as I pointed out last week ( and you ignored), Gilbert has spent the most in history and if James walks, it meant what?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously that means another star is joining him

unless you would like to bet on that?

if LeBron ends up in LA without Kawhi, George, or Cp3- ill give you 8k in vcash--- but if he doesnt- and he remains in Cleveland, you give me 4?

you want to step up?

Again, taking things out of context.

If another star goes there, it doesn't mean you were right. You can only be wrong here.

I don't pretend to know what LeBron is going to do, or George or anybody else. But, if he has made up his mind already it may not necessarily be contingent on anybody else.

And I could care less about Vcash.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually heard a rumor from someone who coaches basketball in the NE Ohio area that LeBron is def. gone and going to LA.

It is from a source I actually relatively believe a well.

Obviously it is not written in stone or anything, but it surprised me that this person would think this in such a definitive manner.

I am becoming more and more resigned ot the fact that he is gone.

I just hope that if he does leave they do not try this pseudo-contending crap- and just deal Love and start over.

Right. They don’t need Love if Lebron leaves. Maybe they slip into the 8th spot? I doubt it. I would rather be in the lottery and trade Love for Picks/young players and build around Sexton and the young core. Then in two years all the bad contracts will be off the books and they will accumulated some high draft picks hopefully

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, taking things out of context.

If another star goes there, it doesn't mean you were right. You can only be wrong here.

I don't pretend to know what LeBron is going to do, or George or anybody else. But, if he has made up his mind already it may not necessarily be contingent on anybody else.

And I could care less about Vcash.
if another star goes there its just a push.

cmon- no dice?

if LeBron goes there without a star you win---- if he stays in Cleveland i win

if he goes to LA with another star out of CP3, Leonard or George, its a push

as i said- ill even give you 2-1 odds. if "you could care less" make the bet

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's difficult to know where Miami will be in 3 years. But that pick may likely be in the middle of the 1st round.

And yes, with a healthy Bosh and Wade and Dragic, you're making some noise in the East. It was a roster that was never granted an opportunity to see what it could do in the playoffs at 100%.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if another star goes there its just a push.

cmon- no dice?

if LeBron goes there without a star you win---- if he stays in Cleveland i win

if he goes to LA with another star out of CP3, Leonard or George, its a push

as i said- ill even give you 2-1 odds. if "you could care less" make the bet

Okay, deal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. They don’t need Love if Lebron leaves. Maybe they slip into the 8th spot? I doubt it. I would rather be in the lottery and trade Love for Picks/young players and build around Sexton and the young core. Then in two years all the bad contracts will be off the books and they will accumulated some high draft picks hopefully
lol....honestly....

think about this "best case" scenario IF LeBron leaves (which would obviously be a disaster).

trade vets for assets: Love, Korver

sign some of the better cheaper young guys they have: Osman, Nance Jr., maybe Hood.

tank- geta lotto pick next year, and get a lotto pick the following year.

all of a sudden, 2 years from now, you could have totally clean books, Sexton plus 2 lotto picks, plus any picks you can recoup from veterans that you deal.

Does LeBron then come back? lol.....

honestly- if he was weighing options at that point and continues to do 1 and 1's- there is not a lot that could trump open books, 3 lotto talents, home town, and some extra picks- but of course you would have to do well with those picks--- which i think they did well on Sexton at least thus far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one interesting thing I read about the Cavs just recently in regards to Hill

his contract is only guaranteed for 1M in 2019-2020

his contract is of course 18M for 2018-2019

between Jr Smith, and George Hill- their contracts next year are for a combined about 33 million for next year----- but the following year- they are only guaranteed a combined 4 million dollars.....they are "basically" expiring deals.

I thought Hill's deal was guaranteed for 2019-2020- and only 1 million of it is guaranteed

So that actually helps the Cavs quite a bit in regards to making deals.....one year of Hill is not so bad if say he was included in a Kemba/Batum deal----- OR a Kawhi deal if the Celtics and Sixers get scared and the Spurs want to send him out East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really....the Cavs cap situation is only really held back by Thompson and Clarkson at this point

the year following this year- the only guaranteed guys on the payroll are Thompson and Clarkson---- I would imagine if they had to they could find a home for Clarkson on a 1 year deal---- and if they really wanted Thompson gone they could stretch his 1 year to very little effect- and really have a boatload of cap room at the end of next season---

decline Smith, decline Hill, find a home for Clarkson, i bet they could find a home for Korver for 7M, stretch Thomspon.....that gets theem to about clean books besides Cedi's and Nance's deals.

Smith's and Hill's deals actually look, at first blush, a lot worse than they are--- as i said- only 4M guaranteed between the 2 of them in 2019-2020.

If the Spurs said- we dont want Kawhi going to the Lakers- beecause then LeBron will go there and we will have to compete against them----- what if the Cavs offered Sexton, Hill's expiring, and Osman? Compare that to the Lakers offer of say Deng, Kuzma and Ingram.

First- Deng's deal is for 2 years- that basically balances out MORE than just Kuzma- instead of the 1 year deal for Hill (who would actually be fairly useful as opposed to Deng who is COOKED).

So say- Deng and Kuzma- cancels out Hill.......then you have Sexton and Cedi vs. Ingram---AND you get to send Kawhi to the East- AND you get to keep LeBron out of the West. AND you get to show the world that you dont give into your players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the Celts and Sixers are too scared of KAwhi leaving to get involved in the sweepstakes-

On one hand---

Deng and his 2 year deal, Ingram, Kuzma, future first.

on the other hand

Hill's expiring contract, Sexton, Osman, future first.

plus's of Lakers deal: Ingram is probably the best prospect in the exchange. Kuzma is young, fairly talented, and controllable.

Negatives of Lakers deal: You have to take Deng for 2 years. Ingram has not really shown he is a budding star player and he already has 2 years of service time. You give into your player's demands. You probably create a super team that you have to compete against since LeBron would likely go to LAL to join Leonard.

negative of Cavs deal: You get Sexton instead of Ingram--- depending on how you grade prospects they may have Ingram ranked higher. You do not get a 2nd player like Kuzma- who- while isnt a game changer- is a nice piece (though power forwards that can score and play no D are a dime a dozen in the NBA).

Positive of Cavs deal: You get a highly regarded rookie in the first year of his deal and team control for 4 years to come in Sexton instead of just 2 years like Ingram. Hill is only on a 1 year deal instead of a 2 year deal which is huge. You do not give into Kawhi's demands and show you cant be strong armed. You keep LeBron James in the East. Osman is a pretty good young player and cheaply under contract going forward- but again- like Kuzma- hardly a dealbreaker/maker--- all though he is precisely the type of Euro wing Pop has had great success with. That- and Hill is actually usable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that being said- i have heard on what i think is a pretty decent source that James and George will BOTH be in LA. If I were to bet- that would be my bet--- that George and LeBron will both be committed to the Lakers BEFORe July 4th- which is within a week.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the Celts and Sixers are too scared of KAwhi leaving to get involved in the sweepstakes-

On one hand---

Deng and his 2 year deal, Ingram, Kuzma, future first.

on the other hand

Hill's expiring contract, Sexton, Osman, future first.

plus's of Lakers deal: Ingram is probably the best prospect in the exchange. Kuzma is young, fairly talented, and controllable.

Negatives of Lakers deal: You have to take Deng for 2 years. Ingram has not really shown he is a budding star player and he already has 2 years of service time. You give into your player's demands. You probably create a super team that you have to compete against since LeBron would likely go to LAL to join Leonard.

negative of Cavs deal: You get Sexton instead of Ingram--- depending on how you grade prospects they may have Ingram ranked higher. You do not get a 2nd player like Kuzma- who- while isnt a game changer- is a nice piece (though power forwards that can score and play no D are a dime a dozen in the NBA).

Positive of Cavs deal: You get a highly regarded rookie in the first year of his deal and team control for 4 years to come in Sexton instead of just 2 years like Ingram. Hill is only on a 1 year deal instead of a 2 year deal which is huge. You do not give into Kawhi's demands and show you cant be strong armed. You keep LeBron James in the East. Osman is a pretty good young player and cheaply under contract going forward- but again- like Kuzma- hardly a dealbreaker/maker--- all though he is precisely the type of Euro wing Pop has had great success with.

Dammit wiggy it really makes me :exploding: when I have to say something nice about the Lakers, especially when the player's a former dookie. But I think right now you're wrong about Ingram. He's only a 20 year old kid who upped his ppg average by nearly 7 pts. & his FG% improved from .402 to .470 + his 3 pt.% went from .294 to .390. Even his rebs. & asts. went up.

Excuse me, I'm gonna go puke.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit wiggy it really makes me :exploding: when I have to say something nice about the Lakers, especially when the player's a former dookie. But I think right now you're wrong about Ingram. He's only a 20 year old kid who upped his ppg average by nearly 7 pts. & his FG% improved from .402 to .470 + his 3 pt.% went from .294 to .390. Even his rebs. & asts. went up.

Excuse me, I'm gonna go puke.
who woudl you rather have Jaylen Brown or Ingram? id rather have Brown.

When Ingram is restricted 2 years from now - it might not be an easy decision if you want to pay him a ton of money or not.

Im not saying Ingram is bad- i think Ingram is a very solid trade piece--- I just dont think he is head and shoulders above Sexton as a trade piece. Donovan Mitchell? UHH YAH.

when you consider that trading Leonard to the Lakers would likely lure LeBron and form a super team that you would have to compete against---- or instead- basically get Sexton instead of Ingram- i think thats the type of close offer that the Spurs would prefer--- especially not having to take a 2nd year of a huge contract like the difference between Deng and Hill.