• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, gimme the hen pecked Canadian...:L

I believe WiggityWack is smoking something a helluva lot stronger than weed...

I don't think it's that. I think he's drinking directly outta Lake Erie again. I told him to stop that shit but he doesn't listen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive heard even more rumors that its LA and its a done deal.

I would expect the odds of LeBron going to LA go WAY up over the next 48 hours and the odds anywhere else go way down.

id ballpark it at 90% LA right now-- and that PG is also going.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You space cadet. You can't say I'm not really saying anything & then say I'm right. Okay you want an answer again? He just finished his 2nd year. He has alotta time to improve & there's no reason he won't unless the injury bug gets him. I already said that stuff in the comment you quoted. :crazy:
so when I say- when i ask the question- what kind of player do you think he will be--- your response is--- he is young and improving.

way to go out on a limb there...lol....thats some hard hitting analysis.

Hey- my take is not very much more specific- but at least it is a little bit--- i think he will be a "very good" but not a "great" or "elite" player.

Like Damian Lillard is a guy I consider a great player--- hes prob about top 20 in the league- he is a contender to make the all star team year in and year out.

Id put Ingram more on the level of like an Al Horford type--- would be nice as a 3rd best player on a title contender- might make an all star team or two during his career- but will never be a top 20 player and prob never be a top 30 player--- but a very nice player and draft pick.

now that doesnt mean he wont be Durant and it doesnt mean he wont be darius miles- i just think thats the MOST likely outcome for Ingram-

or we could just say- hey hes young and improving.....whaaaamp whaaaamp waaah.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to know where Miami will be in 3 years. But that pick may likely be in the middle of the 1st round.

And yes, with a healthy Bosh and Wade and Dragic, you're making some noise in the East. It was a roster that was never granted an opportunity to see what it could do in the playoffs at 100%.

This.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Ingram hasn't shown he's a budding young star. I disagree. Like I said his #'s went up pretty such across the board. Not sure exactly what you're looking for in a kid that isn't even old enough to walk in a bar & have a beer.

Who would I rather have between Brown & Ingram? Jaylen. Here's why. In 2 years he's played the 2 & 3. Tatum is the SF of the future in Boston & Ingram so far has only played SF.

He'll be 21 right before the season starts and going into his 3rd season.....I'll admit I didn't like him as a rookie and thought we may have made a mistake but his strides this past season were huge. He seriously could have been the most improved player.....

9ppg, 4rpg, and 2.1apg as a rookie. 40%, 29%, and 62%

His 2nd season: 16ppg, 5.3rpg, and 3.9apg. 47%, 39%, and 68%.

That's impressive. He could be set to become a true stud in his 3rd season, especially if they surround him with players like Jame and George.

Wamu, you're wrong in Ingram. He played a little PG this past season when Ball was out. They experimented with him at the 1. Ingram can play SG, SF, and a little PG but it's not his ideal position.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would expect the odds of LeBron going to LA go WAY up over the next 48 hours and the odds anywhere else go way down.

It's getting harder and harder not to like you.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic says no pressure to rebuild the Lakers and he'll quit if they don't sign some stars.....LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoenstly i really struggle with actual comps to Ingram.

Some of the names I thought of were Michael Redd, Harrison Barnes, Rudy Gay, DeMarr DeRozan, as he kind of models his game after but i really dont like any of those comps besides maybe Rudy Gay. But Gay seems like he was a better athlete. Ingram is more of a shooter than Barnes where Barnes is a little more athletic and gets to the rim more. Ingram is so much taller than Redd

on the LeBron front, the rumor that I heard is that its LA- that LeBron wants to go there because it will once again make him the biggest story in the sport. He will again be the focus of the league. After 4 straight Finals in Cleveland and the Warriors still loaded, LeBron was sort of fading a little bit- and by going to LA all off a sudden its the biggest story in the world and hes at the forefront of it all again.

George could have said he was signing his extension already- if he was there is no reason not too. He is not signing his extension. He is going to LA.

Supposedly it will be announced Monday.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If another star goes there, it doesn't mean you were right. You can only be wrong here.

Exactly. The thing is...the Lakers have 2 max slots available.

Lebron could end up being the first domino to fall. We know that if he goes to the Lakers...someone will take that other max deal. Maybe it's PG? Maybe it's CP3? Maybe it's next off-season. Who knows?

What we do know is that if he goes to the Lakers, someone will join him whether he set it up in advance or not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Ingram hasn't shown he's a budding young star. I disagree. Like I said his #'s went up pretty such across the board. Not sure exactly what you're looking for in a kid that isn't even old enough to walk in a bar & have a beer.

He's a Laker. If he were on the Cavs we all know he'd be talking up Ingram like he was the next KD.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not putting any stock into anything that's being said.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he's leading a team to a title. But he could absolutely be a very important #2 option on a title winning team.

I'm not entirely convinced that he can't lead a team to a title, he hasn't really been on a roster with title contending talent.

But I can't say I've really seen anything from him that makes me say "If that guy had a couple of better players with him, he could lead a team to a title" either.

Didn't he get to at least one game 7 against Lebron and Miami when his 2nd best player was Lance?

I mean, that was years ago and he's not gonna be THAT guy anymore, but the proven loser label is pretty harsh. he was a shot or 2 away from making the finals.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron getting his first piece. Lebron and gortat look out

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say the Celts and Sixers are too scared of KAwhi leaving to get involved in the sweepstakes-

On one hand---

Deng and his 2 year deal, Ingram, Kuzma, future first.

on the other hand

Hill's expiring contract, Sexton, Osman, future first.

plus's of Lakers deal: Ingram is probably the best prospect in the exchange. Kuzma is young, fairly talented, and controllable.

Negatives of Lakers deal: You have to take Deng for 2 years. Ingram has not really shown he is a budding star player and he already has 2 years of service time. You give into your player's demands. You probably create a super team that you have to compete against since LeBron would likely go to LAL to join Leonard.

negative of Cavs deal: You get Sexton instead of Ingram--- depending on how you grade prospects they may have Ingram ranked higher. You do not get a 2nd player like Kuzma- who- while isnt a game changer- is a nice piece (though power forwards that can score and play no D are a dime a dozen in the NBA).

Positive of Cavs deal: You get a highly regarded rookie in the first year of his deal and team control for 4 years to come in Sexton instead of just 2 years like Ingram. Hill is only on a 1 year deal instead of a 2 year deal which is huge. You do not give into Kawhi's demands and show you cant be strong armed. You keep LeBron James in the East. Osman is a pretty good young player and cheaply under contract going forward- but again- like Kuzma- hardly a dealbreaker/maker--- all though he is precisely the type of Euro wing Pop has had great success with. That- and Hill is actually usable.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....honestly....

think about this "best case" scenario IF LeBron leaves (which would obviously be a disaster).

trade vets for assets: Love, Korver

sign some of the better cheaper young guys they have: Osman, Nance Jr., maybe Hood.

tank- geta lotto pick next year, and get a lotto pick the following year.

all of a sudden, 2 years from now, you could have totally clean books, Sexton plus 2 lotto picks, plus any picks you can recoup from veterans that you deal.

Does LeBron then come back? lol.....

honestly- if he was weighing options at that point and continues to do 1 and 1's- there is not a lot that could trump open books, 3 lotto talents, home town, and some extra picks- but of course you would have to do well with those picks--- which i think they did well on Sexton at least thus far.

And we won't see you ever again...

awww

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources indicate @WiggyRuss will be a Laker fan next season.

Sorry, Wiggy.....I couldn't pass it up. It was too funny.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,091.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next few days to week are going to be stressful.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks that way.

Has @Shanemansj13 finally seen the light too?