• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What teams will be very surprising this season?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M schedule is stupid easy. They can't fail.

RICE
SAM HOUSTON STATE
ALABAMA
SMU
@ARKANSAS
@OLE MISS
AUBURN
VANDERBILT
MISS ST
NEW MEXICO
@LSU
@MISSOURI

Jesus Christ it doesn't get any easier than that except if you were to replace Auburn with Kentucky. :L

That's 10 wins. If they don't win 10 then I agree, Surprisingly Bad!

ARK & Ole Miss, Bama, LSU I'm thinking are losses.

MS St. & Vandy will not be easy...I really think Johnny Football has way too many distractions, and with the bullseye square on his back...not good. I don't think they get 10.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Good - Northwestern (I think they could pull off 9-10 wins)

Surprising Bad - Texas A&M (Johnny Football will struggle, and the team will follow)

Surprising Good - North Carolina (I think they could pull off 10 wins. Bryn Renner will be tough.)

Surprising Bad - Georgia (Aaron Murray will struggle, and the team will lose at least 4 games with that schedule.)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But tOSU was not as good and got lucky but best Michigan...hmmmmm

One, that is not the argument I was making.

Two, I wouldn't thump my chest too hard over that win if I were you. Ohio St. only beat Michigan by 5, at home, with Michigan's offensive star no where near 100%, the starting RB on the DL and OC who had his head up his ass the whole game. So yes, Ohio St. was lucky that that beat Michigan, just like they were lucky to beat Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin, and MSU (two of whom are Big Ten bottom feeders).

Panthera tigris Bob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good: Utah St, BYU, South Carolina
Bad: LSU(compared to their own standards), Oregon St, Boise St(again compared to expectations).

LSU isn't being given much preseason love as it is...due to some heavy personell losses and a brutal schedule...

How bad do you think they'll be gump homer?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One, that is not the argument I was making.

Two, I wouldn't thump my chest too hard over that win if I were you. Ohio St. only beat Michigan by 5, at home, with Michigan's offensive star no where near 100%, the starting RB on the DL and OC who had his head up his ass the whole game. So yes, Ohio St. was lucky that that beat Michigan, just like they were lucky to beat Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin, and MSU (two of whom are Big Ten bottom feeders).

The only game we were lucky to win was Purdue. Indiana was lucky to make it close; they were down by 18 with a couple of minutes left and got 2 onside kicks. Calling that a "lucky win" is a hater comment, no more no less. How was Wisconsin "lucky"? It was a close game, it went to OT and we dominated in OT. MSU?? We didn't trail for the final 18 minutes. As far as the Michigan game goes, the only luck involved was Michigan's luck that it wasn't a blowout. We dominated that game in every aspect but the scoreboard. It was not as close as the score indicated.

Only losers call out winners for close wins. The fact we won all of the games in our first season under a completely new scheme and coaching staff just burns you up, so you have to grasp at whatever straws you can.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU isn't being given much preseason love as it is...due to some heavy personell losses and a brutal schedule...

How bad do you think they'll be gump homer?

Whatever happens I'm sure you'll figure out a way to spin some moral victory out of it.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah St, USC, Arizona State, Baylor, and Fresno State will do better than expected.

Wisconsin, Oregon State, LSU, Florida, and Boise State will be disappointing.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARK & Ole Miss, Bama, LSU I'm thinking are losses.

MS St. & Vandy will not be easy...I really think Johnny Football has way too many distractions, and with the bullseye square on his back...not good. I don't think they get 10.

ARky, Ole Mrs, Mrs State and Vandy will be easy wins for aggy. Don't overrate those teams. Aggy has 2 tough games, that's it. Their overall schedule is one of the weakest in the country. If they don't win at least 10 games, Sumlin isn't as good of a coach as people think he is.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think usc will surprise a lot of people that post here....a lot of rival pac 12 fans have picked them to finish 3rd or 4th in the pac 12 south....not saying they will win championship...but lets not bank on them losing 6 games again

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good -- Washington, BYU, TCU

Bad -- Oregon (Loss of Kelly will bite) Fresno State (I'm not buying the hype)

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will be the surprise team this year

You're expecting them to be surprise bad? They are expected to do very good, especially with their schedule. Nobody would be surprised if they finish the season with a loss or 2. So, if you are saying they will be the surprise team of the year, it has to mean surprise bad.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good TCU and ASU

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only game we were lucky to win was Purdue. Indiana was lucky to make it close; they were down by 18 with a couple of minutes left and got 2 onside kicks. Calling that a "lucky win" is a hater comment, no more no less. How was Wisconsin "lucky"? It was a close game, it went to OT and we dominated in OT. MSU?? We didn't trail for the final 18 minutes. As far as the Michigan game goes, the only luck involved was Michigan's luck that it wasn't a blowout. We dominated that game in every aspect but the scoreboard. It was not as close as the score indicated.

Only losers call out winners for close wins. The fact we won all of the games in our first season under a completely new scheme and coaching staff just burns you up, so you have to grasp at whatever straws you can.

So I suppose Notre Dame was truly the second best team in the country last year? Ohio State was lucky last here, and there is no shame in that. To go undefeated you need luck. But of Ohio States games, well over half were close, so Ohio State go more than your average luck, just like Michigan did in 2011. And that is my only point, Ohio State was worse than their record (which still wasn't bad) and Michigan was better than their record.

And for the Game, keep telling yourself that, fact still remains Ohio State was one big play away from losing that game, despite "dominating."

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I suppose Notre Dame was truly the second best team in the country last year? Ohio State was lucky last here, and there is no shame in that. To go undefeated you need luck. But of Ohio States games, well over half were close, so Ohio State go more than your average luck, just like Michigan did in 2011. And that is my only point, Ohio State was worse than their record (which still wasn't bad) and Michigan was better than their record.

And for the Game, keep telling yourself that, fact still remains Ohio State was one big play away from losing that game, despite "dominating."

Every undefeated team has a measure of luck on their side, it happens. However, you're acting as if they only won due to luck. That just sounds like sour grapes because your rival is better than you.

As far as The Game goes, I can tell myself whatever I want. Despite us constantly shooting ourselves in the RZ, we still won. If Michigan was really able to do anything, you should've won by 2 TDs. Good lord, we gave you guys so many chances.