• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What teams will be very surprising this season?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Good - Northwestern (I think they could pull off 9-10 wins)

Surprising Bad - Texas A&M (Johnny Football will struggle, and the team will follow)

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Good - Northwestern (I think they could pull off 9-10 wins)

Surprising Bad - Texas A&M (Johnny Football will struggle, and the team will follow)

Northwestern....I like them, but the big boys of the b1g are going to keep them 3rd or 4th in the conference.

TAM - I would be shocked if they do as poorly as you've indicated.

It's a homer pick, but SU is going to surprise the ACC. Everyone has them picked at best 5th in their division, and most have them finishing 6th or 7th...last place.

Don't be surprised to see Syracuse football giving the ACC all they want.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Northwestern being good is going to be surprising. They have arguably the best RB in the big ten going into the season and are coming off a pretty solid year. They're also ranked in pretty much every pre-season poll I've seen.

I think A&M will still be good, but I don't expect Johnny football to do as well as he did. I think it's hard to say that they only reason A&M was good last year was because of him. Even if he struggles, I still think they win 8 or more games.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern has one of the tougher B1G schedules so it'll be a tough road to Indy for them.

I think teams that aren't getting much love that are top 15 worthy are Texas, USC, Wisconsin, and TCU.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah St, ASU, and Vandy. I think all of these teams will make some noise. just not in the way of a run for the MNC.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern has one of the tougher B1G schedules so it'll be a tough road to Indy for them.

I think teams that aren't getting much love that are top 15 worthy are Texas, USC, Wisconsin, and TCU.

:nono:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think A&M will have as good a season as last year. Will still be a good year, but won't end with the hype that we had going last year.

The surprise team I still say will be Baylor. Unless they have injury issues, they are going to be a good team this year.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lolz

Your ACC schedule isn't that bad, but I don't see you beating Clemson, NCSU, GT, or FSU

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern....I like them, but the big boys of the b1g are going to keep them 3rd or 4th in the conference.

TAM - I would be shocked if they do as poorly as you've indicated.

It's a homer pick, but SU is going to surprise the ACC. Everyone has them picked at best 5th in their division, and most have them finishing 6th or 7th...last place.

If you said this a year ago, I would probably agree since you had a damn good qb. I think this year though, your team took a hit at some of the key positions, but if your coach can reload then I think you could make some noise in the future for sure.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you said this a year ago, I would probably agree since you had a damn good qb. I think this year though, your team took a hit at some of the key positions, but if your coach can reload then I think you could make some noise in the future for sure.

Thanks. I agree to an extent. Btw...I did say it a year ago and was told basically the same thing.

I was never a fan of Ryan Nassib. To me his best attribute is he is tuff as nails. He took all sorts of hits and got right back up. But he has no deep ball. He never hit a receiver in stride. Anything beyond 20 yards was a crap shoot. His stats are a product of outstanding game planning, a solid running game and a blitzing defense from everywhere.

Our options at QB this year is Terrell Hunt who is better than Nassib. More mobile and has a stronger and more accurate arm. And there is this kid out of Oklahoma, Drew Allen...which I know nothing about. If Drew Allen is able to beat out Terrel Hunt, then SU will compete for the ACC championship....because he'll be all that and a bag of chips. With Hunt....SU still finishes 3rd in their division behind Clemson and FSU.

You heard it hear first. :suds:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon St could finish top 15 if they get by Oregon

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly good - Wisconsin. Probably the unluckiest team in the nation last year. They still have a ton of talent, and now a head coach that knows what he's doing. I will be surprised if they don't win 10.

Surprisingly bad - Clemson. This is only based on last year, but Sammy Watkins came plummeting down to earth last year. Hopkins and Ford were the biggest TD threats receiving, and they're both gone, and the bellcow Ellington is also gone. Also lost some serious talent on defense. I'm not gonna say they'll be bad, but I could see them losing 4-5 games.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly good (my potentials): Arizona State, Ole Miss, UCLA, Oregon St.

Surprisingly bad: FSU

Worse than expected: Oregon (They won't be "bad" but they won't have the kind of year they expect to for sure. I am not sold on the HC)

Last edited by a moderator:

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good - Michigan, had a subpar record last year, but was much better than the record would have you think, and with a more favorable schedule big things could be in store.

Bad - Ohio State, pretty much the reverse of Michigan. They were extermely lucky to go 12-0 last season, but because some people look just at the record and the name, they are higher on the Buckeyes than they should.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good - Michigan, had a subpar record last year, but was much better than the record would have you think, and with a more favorable schedule big things could be in store.

Bad - Ohio State, pretty much the reverse of Michigan. They were extermely lucky to go 12-0 last season, but because some people look just at the record and the name, they are higher on the Buckeyes than they should.

who could have guess this...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless, do I lie?

Do you lie...is Mich better than their record? I say no they are just as good as their record.

tOSU did get lucky but they still won and anyone would assume they should be better than last year. Are people to high on them...maybe only time will tell.

Since what you are giving is opinion, I would say no you do not lie. However are you right, once again time will tell.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having both Michigan and tOSU as well as USC, UCLA, Oklahoma and Texas relivant is critcal to keeping balance in the CFB universe. In other words...keeping team SEC in check. For this reason I hope for the best for each of them.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Indiana will surprising not finish in the bottom 4 of the conference this season.