• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What teams will be very surprising this season?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I agree to an extent. Btw...I did say it a year ago and was told basically the same thing.

I was never a fan of Ryan Nassib. To me his best attribute is he is tuff as nails. He took all sorts of hits and got right back up. But he has no deep ball. He never hit a receiver in stride. Anything beyond 20 yards was a crap shoot. His stats are a product of outstanding game planning, a solid running game and a blitzing defense from everywhere.

Our options at QB this year is Terrell Hunt who is better than Nassib. More mobile and has a stronger and more accurate arm. And there is this kid out of Oklahoma, Drew Allen...which I know nothing about. If Drew Allen is able to beat out Terrel Hunt, then SU will compete for the ACC championship....because he'll be all that and a bag of chips. With Hunt....SU still finishes 3rd in their division behind Clemson and FSU.

You heard it hear first. :suds:

So an unproven QB is better than SU's all time leader in passing yards? Homer alert.....

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you lie...is Mich better than their record? I say no they are just as good as their record.

tOSU did get lucky but they still won and anyone would assume they should be better than last year. Are people to high on them...maybe only time will tell.

Since what you are giving is opinion, I would say no you do not lie. However are you right, once again time will tell.

There's no point trying to talk logic, it's not gonna work with him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an unproven QB is better than SU's all time leader in passing yards? Homer alert.....

Oh....let there be no doubt....I am one of....if not the biggest SU homer. That said, did you watch Nassib? Once? I've had season tickets for years.

Since you're big on stats, what is Nassib's completion percentage beyond 20 yards? How many passes did he attempt beyond 20 yards? Nassib's yards are due to very good game planning of short controlled passes and a D that kept giving him the ball back.

As stated, Nassib was as tough as they come. I don't recall him ever being injured. But if you believe Nassib holds a candle to McPherson or Graves, you would be seriously wrong. I'll leave McNabb out of the mix. Yes....an unproven Terrell Hunt is better than Ryan Nassib. He only needs to take the field.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good: Utah St, BYU, South Carolina
Bad: LSU(compared to their own standards), Oregon St, Boise St(again compared to expectations).

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good: Utah St, BYU, South Carolina
Bad: LSU(compared to their own standards), Oregon St, Boise St(again compared to expectations).
Curious about your opinions about SC and LSU.

SC has what looks like 3 tough games GA, FL and Clemson. How do you think they will do vs those 3?

LSU has GA, FL, Bama and TAMU what do you think about those?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lot of you are high on Utah state. Sorry they wont do as well as last season. their schedule is a lot tougher this season with Utah (yes I know they beat them last year) AF, USC, BYU, Boise st.

Fresno State will be good and in the conversation for BCS bowl

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious about your opinions about SC and LSU.

SC has what looks like 3 tough games GA, FL and Clemson. How do you think they will do vs those 3?

LSU has GA, FL, Bama and TAMU what do you think about those?

Well ESPN isn't beating down my door asking me for answers, and part of my answer is based on having to pick an answer. So I wouldn't be surprised if LSU was great again next year or if South Carolina chocked.

But.

LSU has a habit of winning ugly. This is the same team that beat a really crappy Auburn team 12-10 and then almost beat Alabama. With all the starters they lost on defense and with some of the offensive struggles, I can just see them dropping 3 or 4 games, which isn't all that "bad", it also is well below their standards. I just think you can only flirt with 12-10 wins against crappy teams and needing penalties against teams like Tennessee at the end of the game so many times before it bites you in the butt. With the personal change, I think it's ripe for it to happen. Those winning ugly times usually come from clutch plays.

South Carolina has been building up for years now and they have lacked good consistency mostly. Last year they had to play LSU from the west, the week before Florida. They stomped the dog shit out of Georgia before LSU, played LSU close and then lost badly to Florida. That was a tough stretch of games. This year they have Georgia much earlier in the year. They have Arkansas for their west team, they have a bye week before Florida and they have a FCS before Clemson. With it being Clowneys last year, it's their year if there ever was.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no point trying to talk logic, it's not gonna work with him.

That assumes your argument has any logic to begin with.

Every analyst stated Michigan was much better than the record, outside of the Alabama game each one of Michian's losses very easily could have been a win and they were all against highly ranked teams. On the flip side, many of Ohio States games could have easily been loses, and to your typical bottom feeders.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every analyst stated Michigan was much better than the record, outside of the Alabama game each one of Michian's losses very easily could have been a win and they were all against highly ranked teams. On the flip side, many of Ohio States games could have easily been loses, and to your typical bottom feeders.

I agree, Michigan was much better than their record last year.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But tOSU was not as good and got lucky but best Michigan...hmmmmm

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDSU

We're gonna kick Ohio State's ass!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprisingly good - I wouldn't be shocked to see the Badgers win the Leaders Div.

surprisingly bad - I wouldn't be shocked to see Nebraska finish 3rd or even 4th in the Legends Div. behind Michigan, Michigan State, and Northwestern.

I said I wouldn't be shocked to see those things happen, but if I was a betting man..........I would pick Ohio State to win the Leaders and Michigan to win the Legends.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh....let there be no doubt....I am one of....if not the biggest SU homer. That said, did you watch Nassib? Once? I've had season tickets for years.

Since you're big on stats, what is Nassib's completion percentage beyond 20 yards? How many passes did he attempt beyond 20 yards? Nassib's yards are due to very good game planning of short controlled passes and a D that kept giving him the ball back.

As stated, Nassib was as tough as they come. I don't recall him ever being injured. But if you believe Nassib holds a candle to McPherson or Graves, you would be seriously wrong. I'll leave McNabb out of the mix. Yes....an unproven Terrell Hunt is better than Ryan Nassib. He only needs to take the field.

Could really care less if you had season tickets for years and I wasn't comparing him to Doug McPherson, Marvin Graves or McNabb, who were excellent and proven QB's for SU. I was comparing him to a QB who hasn't taken a snap yet and if Hunt was so much better, why wasn't he the starter last year? Again, Hunt hasn't taken a snap and obviously wasn't good enough to beat out Nassib, yet he's already better than SU's all time leading passer without proving it?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising good: Auburn, Tennessee
Surprising bad: LSU

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly good (my potentials): Arizona State, Ole Miss, UCLA, Oregon St.

Surprisingly bad: FSU

Worse than expected: Oregon (They won't be "bad" but they won't have the kind of year they expect to for sure. I am not sold on the HC)

Keep hoping on this one. FSU is not rebuilding as people think. Besides the QB and FB on offense they are going to be starting guys that have seen a LOT of playing time the last two years. On D we are only going to be replacing the DEs, but 1 saw a good bit of playing time last year as well. FSU will be just fine and probably only have two losses to Clemson and UF(Maybe).

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could really care less if you had season tickets for years and I wasn't comparing him to Doug McPherson, Marvin Graves or McNabb, who were excellent and proven QB's for SU. I was comparing him to a QB who hasn't taken a snap yet and if Hunt was so much better, why wasn't he the starter last year? Again, Hunt hasn't taken a snap and obviously wasn't good enough to beat out Nassib, yet he's already better than SU's all time leading passer without proving it?

1st bold statement. I mentioned the season tickets because I've seen Nassib, Graves, McPherson and McNabb play....in person. I'm taking a shot in the dark and guessing you've not seen any of them in person.

2nd bold statement. This isn't too hard to figure out. An older Nassib is better than the younger Hunt. That isn't brain surgery.

Two years ago, Manziel was redshirted. The next year he wins the Heisman. So was redshirting him the wrong move? No...he needed the time to grow into the system and the older QB for TAM was the right choice.

Now it's Hunt's turn. And I've seen him in person....he's going to make all SU fans forget about Nassib. And if Allen beats out Hunt....that's just gravy from this fans perspective.

You being wrapped up in Nassib's numbers has mislead you. He has no deep ball. He reminds me of Frank Reicht (sp?) who backed up Jim Kelly....great under 30 yards but couldn't throw the deep ball.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Keep hoping on this one. FSU is not rebuilding as people think. Besides the QB and FB on offense they are going to be starting guys that have seen a LOT of playing time the last two years. On D we are only going to be replacing the DEs, but 1 saw a good bit of playing time last year as well. FSU will be just fine and probably only have two losses to Clemson and UF(Maybe).

Nah, we both beat uf this year. Your second loss is to us.
;-)

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising Good - Northwestern (I think they could pull off 9-10 wins)

Surprising Bad - Texas A&M (Johnny Football will struggle, and the team will follow)

A&M schedule is stupid easy. They can't fail.

RICE
SAM HOUSTON STATE
ALABAMA
SMU
@ARKANSAS
@OLE MISS
AUBURN
VANDERBILT
MISS ST
NEW MEXICO
@LSU
@MISSOURI

Jesus Christ it doesn't get any easier than that except if you were to replace Auburn with Kentucky. :L

That's 10 wins. If they don't win 10 then I agree, Surprisingly Bad!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good - I think Ole Miss will make some noise in the west (actually finish ahead of A&M)

Bad - A&M, too many distractions, lost 3 or 4 starters to the NFL...another bad Penn St. Played very well under the circumstance LY, this year 8 wins tops imo.