• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what state owns the most BCS titles

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally posted by TexasExes:
If I was a Bammer, I would just brag how my school has owned CFB the last 5 years and brag about winning 3 out of the last 4 BCS titles. Why would you want to share the limelight with your rival? Fucking pathetic..

By the way, don't ever tell me how to think!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams represent states dumbass! It's called state pride. Texas has it for some unknown reason. Oh yea, because it's big and still can't win NC's in football. How has all those other hundred schools in Texas done in winning NC's with all that Texas talent? What is "Fucking pathetic......" is your post! TexasExes with his big ass Texas ego has nothing so he writes the above. You can down play it all you want but most people would think that is pretty impressive with all those straight national championships and majority of Heisman winners from one little state but no, not big bad ass Texas who has won ONE national championship in the past 40 years! :L

Have to agree; Alabama has certainly had it's share of success; especially given the population. Auburn and Alabama teams have been outstanding and anyone who has an argument with that is simply out of tune.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams represent states dumbass! It's called state pride. Texas has it for some unknown reason. Oh yea, because it's big and still can't win NC's in football. How has all those other hundred schools in Texas done in winning NC's with all that Texas talent? What is "Fucking pathetic......" is your post! TexasExes with his big ass Texas ego has nothing so he writes the above. You can down play it all you want but most people would think that is pretty impressive with all those straight national championships and majority of Heisman winners from one little state but no, not big bad ass Texas who has won ONE national championship in the past 40 years! :L

But you're not winning with homegrown talent. Bama and AU have to rely on talent from outside the state. I guess what I'm saying is, if you're going to brag about the State of Alabama owning the most BCS titles, shouldn't you be winning those titles with talent from your state or coaches from your state? I guess that's my interpretation of state pride. For example, Mack Brown won a BCS title where 99% of his roster consisted of homegrown talent. If Aggy could ever step up, I guess Texans could brag about the state of Texas owning CFB. Really though, only one state can claim they have owned CFB and that is the state of Florida, as they use homegrown talent to win those BCS titles.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you're not winning with homegrown talent. Bama and AU have to rely on talent from outside the state. I guess what I'm saying is, if you're going to brag about the State of Alabama owning the most BCS titles, shouldn't you be winning those titles with talent from your state or coaches from your state? I guess that's my interpretation of state pride. For example, Mack Brown won a BCS title where 99% of his roster consisted of homegrown talent. If Aggy could ever step up, I guess Texans could brag about the state of Texas owning CFB. Really though, only one state can claim they have owned CFB and that is the state of Florida, as they use homegrown talent to win those BCS titles.

Seriously? There wasn't one player from another state? No there wasn't. There was more then one, just like on Texas! With your thinking unless every single person on that roster is from Texas (or particular state) someone shouldn't take pride in the overall accomplishment. That is crazy! What if a guy moves there from California to Texas for his Senior year and goes on to QB Texas. Does he count as a Texas homegrown product? Ridiculous!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This homegrown talent argument has to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard in my life regarding college football.

Texas has so much "talent" because it's a big state, that's it. As far as a per capita basis, Louisiana has way more talent packed in than Texas does. 2nd on that list is...Alabama. Texas comes in 8th per capita.

But really, who gives a shit?

Where do college football players come from? - Football Study Hall

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder Florida has been so great at football. Just look at how many Yankees have moved there in the past 30 years or so. Their offspring are tearing it up.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No wonder Florida has been so great at football. Just look at how many Yankees have moved there in the past 30 years or so. Their offspring are tearing it up.

Actually, you might have something there. There are a lot of retired pro athletes in this area who give their time to junior programs; not so sure about their children. Probably the biggest factor is the weather which for 12 months each year, kids can practice. I know Penn State has some great indoor practice facilities, however Bellefone, Tyrone, Phillipsburg etc. all have none which means in the winter, it's tough to develop players; especially in football.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did some fact finding and the answer is Florida, my home state. Luckily I attended one of these great schools and graduated with a degree in awesomeness and fortitude. So let's hear it for Florida State for representing the greatest BCS title state in all the land. Hip hip Hooray.

BOOM

mic-drop.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something I do not understand. What is state pride? Pride in an area that is drawn with imaginary lines and someone just happend to be popped out in that area? I understand pride in a university if I have in someway contributed to their success, other than giving them my money. I do not take any pride when tOSU wins. I enjoy a win but there is personal pride just because I chose to cheer for that team. I always thought one would take pride in something they did themselves.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cane man should weigh in on this homegrown talent issue.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This homegrown talent argument has to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard in my life regarding college football.

Texas has so much "talent" because it's a big state, that's it. As far as a per capita basis, Louisiana has way more talent packed in than Texas does. 2nd on that list is...Alabama. Texas comes in 8th per capita.

Meh, never really cared about this per capita thing, seeing how the powerhouse high schools in Louisiana get throttled and clownstomped by high schools in the state of Texas whenever they play each other. Also, if the state of Alabama is so rich in talent on a per capita basis, Bama wouldn't rely on out of state talent in order to be relevant. I agree, who gives a shit. Bama has plenty to brag about on their program alone. But when people bring up how their state owns football, really, only the state of Florida can brag about that, as they are winning with homegrown talent.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something I do not understand. What is state pride? Pride in an area that is drawn with imaginary lines and someone just happend to be popped out in that area? I understand pride in a university if I have in someway contributed to their success, other than giving them my money. I do not take any pride when tOSU wins. I enjoy a win but there is personal pride just because I chose to cheer for that team. I always thought one would take pride in something they did themselves.

You ever proud of your wife, your son, a brother, a sister, your dog, a friend? What the hell did you have to do with them? Oh yea, your wife, son, brother, sister and dog were all your creation. When someone wants to ALWAYS find a flaw in a statement made on these boards I imagine they ALWAYS can. :noidea: Guess what? I've been following Alabama football since I was 8 years old, and lets just say that's 40 plus years. My Dad passed that on to me and yes we both attended the University which I imagine is another stupid ass criteria you require for a fan to even pull for a school. :L I get very emotionally involved when they play. Feel good when they win, feel bad when they lose, take pride when their champions but you know what I don't do? Let that run my life! I don't carry it with me. For some reason people on here think if you're passionate (which is the word most use in describing a college fan) they think you live and die by your team and have nothing else. What a crock! I love all the offered up psychological help from many of the mental midgets who roam these boards. :suds:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now if Bammers want to say how the University of Alabama has owned CFB, I certainly do not have a problem with that, b/c it's true......

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS National Champions

2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn, Alabama
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama
2013 Auburn,Alabama? FSU?

Heisman winners
2009 Mark Ingram University of Alabama
2010 Cam Newton Auburn University
2011 XXXX
2012 XXXX
2013 Jameis Winston Bessemer, Alabama

Next...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever proud of your wife, your son, a brother, a sister, your dog, a friend? What the hell did you have to do with them? Oh yea, your wife, son, brother, sister and dog were all your creation. When someone wants to ALWAYS find a flaw in a statement made on these boards I imagine they ALWAYS can. :noidea: Guess what? I've been following Alabama football since I was 8 years old, and lets just say that's 40 plus years. My Dad passed that on to me and yes we both attended the University which I imagine is another stupid ass criteria you require for a fan to even pull for a school. :L I get very emotionally involved when they play. Feel good when they win, feel bad when they lose, take pride when their champions but you know what I don't do? Let that run my life! I don't carry it with me. For some reason people on here think if you're passionate (which is the word most use in describing a college fan) they think you live and die by your team and have nothing else. What a crock! I love all the offered up psychological help from many of the mental midgets who roam these boards. :suds:
Good for you and you are welcome. You be proud of your state. I will chose bigger more important things to me.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BCS National Champions

2009 Alabama
2010 Auburn, Alabama
2011 Alabama
2012 Alabama
2013 Auburn,Alabama? FSU?