• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What some recruits have to say about Tom Herman of Tejas...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've talked to several of my UT friends over the past few days to wish them Happy Holidays and, naturally, the subject of football was always raised. Surprised me that it's running about 50/50 on whether or not they are confident after the Tom Herman hire.

Very few of us were convinced he is a great coach to begin with. Or that he's a savior.

The problems at Texas really aren't specific to coaching or talent. Right now there is STILL no real AD. The entire department needs to be scrubbed. The issues are deeper than just football.

Maybe Herman goes lights out and surprises everyone by winning big and winning early, who knows.......but for some reason his hiring didn't do anything for most of us, it didn't excite us.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few of us were convinced he is a great coach to begin with. Or that he's a savior.

The problems at Texas really aren't specific to coaching or talent. Right now there is STILL no real AD. The entire department needs to be scrubbed. The issues are deeper than just football.

Maybe Herman goes lights out and surprises everyone by winning big and winning early, who knows.......but for some reason his hiring didn't do anything for most of us, it didn't excite us.

Not really sure what the AD had to do with Strong having 3 losing seasons in a row and then laying an egg against the worst FBS program in the country.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goldbug (aka Nostradamus), what are your thoughts on Tom Herman? I need to know if we'll be hiring another coach in 3 years....

I don't think so, Exes. I have a feeling he's going to do so-so most of the time (8-10 wins) but I expect him to kick the top out of it 1 year that will make the Texas fans ecstatic. I can see him winning a NC at Texas in the next 3-4 years and then settling in like Stoops has and just rock along collecting his checks.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, Exes. I have a feeling he's going to do so-so most of the time (8-10 wins) but I expect him to kick the top out of it 1 year that will make the Texas fans ecstatic. I can see him winning a NC at Texas in the next 3-4 years and then settling in like Stoops has and just rock along collecting his checks.
Damn, that is one bold prediction.