• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what player do you want your team to draft round 1

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, both Watson and Mahomes (actually all of the QBs in this draft) are best suited to be stashed for a yr but in terms of draft position, they will most likely go in the 1st round.

If you're one of the teams that need one and you're not CLE...you can't afford to wait until the 2nd rd if you intend to take a QB early....other teams that don't really need a QB right now will snatch them up and stash them.

Agreed. Which again is why I am hoping one of the top-4 guys falls to 20. I think there will be quite a few phone calls from some of those playoff teams like Houston, Kansas City, NY Giants, Dolphins if they are not thinking Tannahil is the long-term solution, and maybe even Pittsburgh with Big Ben talking some retirement this offseason. I could see there be a bit of a bidding war to move up and snatch one of these guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Which again is why I am hoping one of the top-4 guys falls to 20. I think there will be quite a few phone calls from some of those playoff teams like Houston, Kansas City, NY Giants, Dolphins if they are not thinking Tannahil is the long-term solution, and maybe even Pittsburgh with Big Ben talking some retirement this offseason. I could see there be a bit of a bidding war to move up and snatch one of these guys.

That would be a smart move and I think at least one might fall to 20.

The teams...PIT, is probably hoping as many QBs go as possible in the 1st round. Yes, they know Ben is not going to be running the show much longer he has hinted at retirement as recently as this yr. but most people supposedly in the know don't think that was a serious. They have such a need at edge rusher. I would see them moving up potentially for that position more so over a QB.

NYG...maybe. A lot of talk of them wanting a TE and there are two legit 1st rd guys. If both are gone, maybe they re calibrate and consider a QB to stash for a yr or so.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks:

Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen

Those are the guys I want although I know there's zero chance of us getting either :D

Realistically:

Trade back to early 2nd (snag an extra 4th) and get Obi Melifonwu (S). Can play safety if Thomas retires or is slow to recover, and fills in for Kam after Seattle let's him go after 2017 (which I want them to, we have FAR too much cap locked up in our secondary). Kam is also getting injured more frequently now and he's going to be 30 soon.
I remember saying this would happen a lot more frequently due to his style of play, the offseason after the Seahawks won the super bowl and Seattle fans laughed at it. I said his career would go the way of mike brown because he just hits too hard. It looks like I was right. Good thing he got a super bowl win before his injury issues.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember saying this would happen a lot more frequently due to his style of play, the offseason after the Seahawks won the super bowl and Seattle fans laughed at it. I said his career would go the way of mike brown because he just hits too hard. It looks like I was right. Good thing he got a super bowl win before his injury issues.

Yah, not diminishing what you said but wasn't too hard to see it comin'. I was cheering and ecstatic when Allen stepped in and said, "WE ARE NOT extending/upping your contract."

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, not diminishing what you said but wasn't too hard to see it comin'. I was cheering and ecstatic when Allen stepped in and said, "WE ARE NOT extending/upping your contract."
Smart move by Allen. I'm sure Kam will get another contract from another team when his contract in Seattle is up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you this now...Mahome unless he has an off the field issue that happens or just completely stinks up his pro day will be a 1st round pick. Teams have had him on their board as one fo the 1st round QB's for a while. I know for sure the Texans are really in love with him.

And yes all those players I agree should be over the OT's. But because of the depth yes they will be overdrafted big time. It is why most NFL people don't think they will even make it to pick 20. Which hey is fine by me. I would rather not have the Broncos tempted by overdrafting an OL prospect and have better talent actually fall to them.
For what its worth, I think both the Chiefs and Broncos fit the profile of teams that will trade up in this draft. It probably wouldn't cost too much for the Broncos to move up a couple of spots for an OT or OJ Howard and I could see them doing either move (especially if they get Romo as a rental.)

If Mahomes is who the Texans love then my guess is that KC is really looking at Kizer because Kizer almost comes with a built in 'project' label so Alex Smith can remain starter and Kizer has the tangibles that KC would be looking for.

Walterfootball has Solomon Thomas fitting the mold of a player that will fall lower than people think because some teams will give him the tweener label. I could definitely see a number of teams wanting to take a chance on him if he falls out of the top 10.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Garrett is the pick but he doesn't really suit the Browns. The Browns play a 3-4 defense. Garrett thrived in a 4-3 defense, now they could use him as a rushing 3-4 OLB but I just don't feel like that is utilizing his main skill set. Now Jonathan Allen has played in both defenses (4-3, 3-4) and he has the size to play as a 3-4 DE. Maybe they trade back to 3 and Allen should still be there...wouldn't be a bad idea. That being said I want Garrett, just don't know how they would use him in their scheme

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Browns:

Myles Garrett with the #1 overall

With the #12 they could do a number of things, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading that spot.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Garrett is the pick but he doesn't really suit the Browns. The Browns play a 3-4 defense. Garrett thrived in a 4-3 defense, now they could use him as a rushing 3-4 OLB but I just don't feel like that is utilizing his main skill set. Now Jonathan Allen has played in both defenses (4-3, 3-4) and he has the size to play as a 3-4 DE. Maybe they trade back to 3 and Allen should still be there...wouldn't be a bad idea. That being said I want Garrett, just don't know how they would use him in their scheme

browns are switching back to a 4-3

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even if they did stay, base isn't incredibly important for an edge guy. Subpackages rule the day in the NFL right now.

yeah, worrying about an edge rusher's viability in a base defense is pretty silly. Teams float in and out of their base alignment all the time depending on what the offense rolls out there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even if they did stay, base isn't incredibly important for an edge guy. Subpackages rule the day in the NFL right now.

yeah, worrying about an edge rusher's viability in a base defense is pretty silly. Teams float in and out of their base alignment all the time depending on what the offense rolls out there.
See: Joey Bosa, 2016.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See: Joey Bosa, 2016.

yeah, he had a decent year I'd say.

After all anyone wanted to talk about was how he wouldn't be a good fit with a 3-4 scheme. smh haha.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, he had a decent year I'd say.

After all anyone wanted to talk about was how he wouldn't be a good fit with a 3-4 scheme. smh haha.
I couldn't decide what was funnier - the people saying that, or the people saying DeForest Buckner was a better pro prospect. Fools.

And yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly about Garrett. He has to be the pick. I don't care if we were running a 1-6-4 and he was the 1. Get the man on the damn field and watch him go.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Myles Garrett
12. Mitchell Trubisky

Also, though it won't happen, I'd love nothing more than to see them trade back into the 1st and get OJ Howard. He has Gronk-like potential.