• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what player do you want your team to draft round 1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garret or Mike Williams (but trade down to get him not at #2.)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathews is only a slot guy. But him on the outside and he'd do nothing. Kenny Britt is MUCH better and I've read the Eagles are interested in Britt in FA.

They do.... but the Eagles were trying to trade for their (Torrie Smith)WR this season. Jordan M is a good slot guy but it's a position for guys who can't get open on the outside.

You can have Britt. His best production came on a 4 win team in the last year of his contract.

I bet Belichick would disagree on your assessment of slot receivers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have Britt. His best production came on a 4 win team in the last year of his contract.

I bet Belichick would disagree on your assessment of slot receivers.

Amendola would DO nothing on the outside. Matthews has been on the outside and he has done nothing. I've been a long time critic of Cole Beasley but he was fantastic this year... he'd do nothing on the outside. Nothing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathews is only a slot guy. But him on the outside and he'd do nothing. Kenny Britt is MUCH better and I've read the Eagles are interested in Britt in FA.
Britt is quietly pretty decent. I think he had 4 straight seasons on the Titans where he was banged up or injured and has suffered through 3 years on the Rams.

Probably more of a good #2 WR than a true #1 WR. Last year was the first year of Britt's career where he was targeted more than 100 times.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value seems to be pretty flat after the first 18-20 picks. I think this draft will have a lottery feel to it for teams that didnt make the playoffs and a lot of jockeying for these project QBs for teams that maybe made the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 4 QBs go in rd1. 3-5 looks to be the range.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The value seems to be pretty flat after the first 18-20 picks. I think this draft will have a lottery feel to it for teams that didnt make the playoffs and a lot of jockeying for these project QBs for teams that maybe made the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked to see 4 QBs go in rd1. 3-5 looks to be the range.

My hope is that the Chiefs and Texans both fall in love with a QB prospect in the 1st and want to trade up with the Broncos to get him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that the Chiefs and Texans both fall in love with a QB prospect in the 1st and want to trade up with the Broncos to get him.
From a SportsHoopla perspective, I think my favorite scenario would be the Chiefs trading up for OJ Howard but I doubt that happens.

Chiefs should be in position for a QB I could see them trying to trade down and targeting a DE, ILB or RB. Chiefs have ammo to go up so they might not even be looking at a trade down. This is a team that cut two of their picks last year very quickly. I dont think they are looking for depth as much as they might be targeting the right player.

Trubisky and Kizer are projects that should go round 1. Watson, Mahomes and Peterman are also projects that should probably go rd 2 but the number of players that fit the rd2 mold in this draft is likely going to be much bigger than the number of rd1 talents. Or at least from what I'm seeing. Combine warriors haven't taken over yet to balance out the boards.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a SportsHoopla perspective, I think my favorite scenario would be the Chiefs trading up for OJ Howard but I doubt that happens.

Chiefs should be in position for a QB I could see them trying to trade down and targeting a DE, ILB or RB. Chiefs have ammo to go up so they might not even be looking at a trade down. This is a team that cut two of their picks last year very quickly. I dont think they are looking for depth as much as they might be targeting the right player.

Trubisky and Kizer are projects that should go round 1. Watson, Mahomes and Peterman are also projects that should probably go rd 2 but the number of players that fit the rd2 mold in this draft is likely going to be much bigger than the number of rd1 talents. Or at least from what I'm seeing. Combine warriors haven't taken over yet to balance out the boards.

I just know teams over draft QB's all the time. I do agree they should be 2nd round type QB's in Mahomes and Watson. My guess is though some team will value that 5th year option and be willing to overdraft at the QB position. This is again where I am hoping those later round teams are realizing that others are itching to move forward and get into a bit of a bidding war. Happened last year with Paxton Lynch where Broncos had to give up a little more than they wanted to make sure they got their guy over the Chiefs and Cowboys.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the packers to trade out of the first round and pick up that team's 2nd round pick and next year's first round pick. Then with their two 2nds, draft the highest-rated defensive players remaining on their draft board.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the packers to trade out of the first round and pick up that team's 2nd round pick and next year's first round pick. Then with their two 2nds, draft the highest-rated defensive players remaining on their draft board.

How far back are you thinking they are trading in the 2nd? that kind of deal would most likely be 20th pick in the 2nd or later type deal if a team would be willing to do that.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far back are you thinking they are trading in the 2nd? that kind of deal would most likely be 20th pick in the 2nd or later type deal if a team would be willing to do that.

Obviously, it would be very circumstantial. Who knows if a highly rated offensive guy falls to their spot that some team in the top of the second round highly covets?

Ted Thompson is better at 2nd round drafting than 1st round drafting anyway, so I wouldn't be sad if it was in the second half of the second round regardless. Word is that this might be Thompson's last year calling the shots, too, so I'd like to see what the next GM does with two firsts next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, it would be very circumstantial. Who knows if a highly rated offensive guy falls to their spot that some team in the top of the second round highly covets?

Ted Thompson is better at 2nd round drafting than 1st round drafting anyway, so I wouldn't be sad if it was in the second half of the second round regardless. Word is that this might be Thompson's last year calling the shots, too, so I'd like to see what the next GM does with two firsts next year.

Got yah. Well teams are not usually willing to trade an early 2nd and then risk losing a top pick in the next draft (if they are picking in the top of the 2nd means they are not a great team) to move up. Usually that is more of a trade your 2nd and 3rd round pick area. I know that is what the Cowboys were offering the SEahawks last year to try and get Paxton Lynch at the end of the 1st. So to me if you are going to actually get a 1st round pick out of the deal most likely it will be around pick 20 in the 2nd type team trying to trade up needing to make a big splash.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know teams over draft QB's all the time. I do agree they should be 2nd round type QB's in Mahomes and Watson. My guess is though some team will value that 5th year option and be willing to overdraft at the QB position. This is again where I am hoping those later round teams are realizing that others are itching to move forward and get into a bit of a bidding war. Happened last year with Paxton Lynch where Broncos had to give up a little more than they wanted to make sure they got their guy over the Chiefs and Cowboys.
Teams overdraft QBs and teams overdraft offensive linemen and I think we are going to see both of that.

Im looking at the draft and I'm seeing starters and not stars at the bottom of rd1. I'm also seeing starters in rd2 and rd3. I think we are going to see a TON of trading in rd1 with lots of teams probably thinking they can move back and still get talent but the dearth at oline and the somewhat intriguing QB prospects will shoot teams forward.

I think once rd1 ends, the trading gates might shut off because there are so many '2nd roundish' players that no one will want to trade up.

Just a hunch.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams overdraft QBs and teams overdraft offensive linemen and I think we are going to see both of that.

Im looking at the draft and I'm seeing starters and not stars at the bottom of rd1. I'm also seeing starters in rd2 and rd3. I think we are going to see a TON of trading in rd1 with lots of teams probably thinking they can move back and still get talent but the dearth at oline and the somewhat intriguing QB prospects will shoot teams forward.

I think once rd1 ends, the trading gates might shut off because there are so many '2nd roundish' players that no one will want to trade up.

Just a hunch.

Yet how many teams have Decent OLines, forget Good Ones?

OLine is the weakest Position in the NFL, yet requires the most players. Oline prospects have to be reached upon as almost every team in the NFL has to get better on the OLine...

Plus NO ONE wants a QB with No OLine...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet how many teams have Decent OLines, forget Good Ones?

OLine is the weakest Position in the NFL, yet requires the most players. Oline prospects have to be reached upon as almost every team in the NFL has to get better on the OLine...

Plus NO ONE wants a QB with No OLine...
I would say there were about 18 or 19 'decent' olines last year with maybe 10 that I would call 'good' and 2 that I would call dominant.

Its not nearly as bad as it was in 2015 but injuries can certainly change that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a hunch.

Agreed for the most part. I would say maybe some trading in the early part of the draft but unless there is a QB in the 2nd half of the 1st round that multiple teams want I think most teams will stay pat. Nobody wants to give up those mid-round picks because of the depth of this draft. QB seems like the one position teams will be willing to sacrifice to get. OL to me after about pick 20 most likely the top guys will be gone. I know most mock drafts don't have them going that high but just having talked to some guys in the NFL there could be 3 OT's taken in the 1st 20 picks because of the drop off after those 3 guys. Most guys after pick 20 won't want to trade up just because the cost would be so great for an OL player.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed for the most part. I would say maybe some trading in the early part of the draft but unless there is a QB in the 2nd half of the 1st round that multiple teams want I think most teams will stay pat. Nobody wants to give up those mid-round picks because of the depth of this draft. QB seems like the one position teams will be willing to sacrifice to get. OL to me after about pick 20 most likely the top guys will be gone. I know most mock drafts don't have them going that high but just having talked to some guys in the NFL there could be 3 OT's taken in the 1st 20 picks because of the drop off after those 3 guys. Most guys after pick 20 won't want to trade up just because the cost would be so great for an OL player.
The 3 OT going Rd1 look to be Robinson, Ramscyzk and Bolles. Lamp should go rd1 at G. Precombine I think all of those players rate lower than:

Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
Jamaal Adams
Solomon Thomas
Reuben Foster
Sidney Jones
Malik Hooker
Marshawn Lattimore
Mitch Trubisky
OJ Howard
Malik McDowell
Mike Williams

Robinson probably has the best chance of going top 10 so that means he probably will but I think its definitely reaching in the top 10. The dropoff is going to be a big worry, though. People have been talking about how bad the oline draft is for awhile.

That said, my list plus the 4 olinemen make 18 picks. Add in a half dozen or so guys that will blow up the combine like Taco, Cunningham or Harris and some sleepers like Corey Davis or Kamara and its still pretty easy to see teams talking themselves into a QB at that point.

With a good combine, the 2 2nd tier QB prospects (Kizer, Watson) are kind of in the same boat as those 4 olinemen imo. Maybe not good enough to get the nod over a "sure thing" but good enough to take the risk over the other players in the draft. I think the important part here is that Kizer and Watson have to earn it because Mahomes and Peterman and Webb are all a good combine away from jumping into the mix. Of the 5, its really, really hard seeing them all have good workouts, combines and interviews but if any of them do then I think it shoots them into rd1.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 3 OT going Rd1 look to be Robinson, Ramscyzk and Bolles. Lamp should go rd1 at G. Precombine I think all of those players rate lower than:

Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
Jamaal Adams
Solomon Thomas
Reuben Foster
Sidney Jones
Malik Hooker
Marshawn Lattimore
Mitch Trubisky
OJ Howard
Malik McDowell
Mike Williams

Robinson probably has the best chance of going top 10 so that means he probably will but I think its definitely reaching in the top 10. The dropoff is going to be a big worry, though. People have been talking about how bad the oline draft is for awhile.

That said, my list plus the 4 olinemen make 18 picks. Add in a half dozen or so guys that will blow up the combine like Taco, Cunningham or Harris and some sleepers like Corey Davis or Kamara and its still pretty easy to see teams talking themselves into a QB at that point.

With a good combine, the 2 2nd tier QB prospects (Kizer, Watson) are kind of in the same boat as those 4 olinemen imo. Maybe not good enough to get the nod over a "sure thing" but good enough to take the risk over the other players in the draft. I think the important part here is that Kizer and Watson have to earn it because Mahomes and Peterman and Webb are all a good combine away from jumping into the mix. Of the 5, its really, really hard seeing them all have good workouts, combines and interviews but if any of them do then I think it shoots them into rd1.

I'll tell you this now...Mahome unless he has an off the field issue that happens or just completely stinks up his pro day will be a 1st round pick. Teams have had him on their board as one fo the 1st round QB's for a while. I know for sure the Texans are really in love with him.

And yes all those players I agree should be over the OT's. But because of the depth yes they will be overdrafted big time. It is why most NFL people don't think they will even make it to pick 20. Which hey is fine by me. I would rather not have the Broncos tempted by overdrafting an OL prospect and have better talent actually fall to them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, both Watson and Mahomes (actually all of the QBs in this draft) are best suited to be stashed for a yr but in terms of draft position, they will most likely go in the 1st round.

If you're one of the teams that need one and you're not CLE...you can't afford to wait until the 2nd rd if you intend to take a QB early....other teams that don't really need a QB right now will snatch them up and stash them.