• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what player do you want your team to draft round 1

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right one, whoever that would be. But I'm talking about the Browns so in typical fashion they'll fuck up & draft the wrong player.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good with college player names so I'll go with OT if available. If not then best CB on the board to pair up with Sherm.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the G-Men to trade up and snag Dalvin Cook before the Eagles take him. But if that doesnt happen I'll take:

O.J. Howard
Ramczyck
Njoku or
Christian McCafferey

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garrett. Well you asked.

Right now too difficult to say. NE has 14 FAs. Depending on who resigns should affect who NE drafts.

I want the best OLB or DE who can provide a pass rush.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Fitz likely in his last year and that Numbskull Floyd having drunk his way out of town I think the Cards need a big target WR that Larry can mentor in his final year. so I'd like to see them get Mike Williams or Corey Davis. If those guys are gone trade back and get JuJu in a later round, heck I wouldn't be shocked to see them get Dupre in the second or third the way they seem to like collecting LSU products.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davis perhaps , they arent getting williams, dupree could be a steal imho

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garrett.

That is all.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myles Garrett. Well you asked.

Right now too difficult to say. NE has 14 FAs. Depending on who resigns should affect who NE drafts.

I want the best OLB or DE who can provide a pass rush.
I'm curious how far Tim Williams falls. He could be a value pick in the 2nd round.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tiering it out, it would look something like:

Myles Garrett
Dalvin Cook
Leonard Fournette
Jamal Adams
Jonathan Allen

Solomon Thomas
Mitch Trubisky
Zach Cunningham
Ruben Foster

OJ Howard
John Ross
DeShone Kizer
Alvin Kamara
Christian McCaffrey
Chris Wormley

I usually wait for the combine to make big boards so I'll probably have a clearer view in a couple of weeks.

Good way to break it down. Tier 1 are guys unless some huge red flag happens the Chiefs would stand no chance of getting. Cook is probably the only one of that list that falls out of the top-10. Still always nice to dream that it could happen.

The 2nd tier I would say Cunningham is about the only one that stands a chance of making it to the Chiefs. The others are expected to be top-15 picks unless again some big red flag shows up.

The 3rd tier are all guys that should be close to making it just depending on some big boards. They are the type that will be all over the place big board wise. Such as for Howard you love the talent but he plays a position that isn't considered one of the high critical positions. John Ross has injury red flags. Kizer experience questions. Kamara limited number of carries. McCaffrey it depends as I have heard some teams see him as a 3-down back and others see him more in that scat back role. Wormley it is potential against production.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone not want lattimore

I would take him and the Broncos don't even really need a CB right now. Great CB already and I'm not sure he has even hit his peak ability. Only concern with him is some injury questions but if the medicals check out any team in the league would benefit from having him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good way to break it down. Tier 1 are guys unless some huge red flag happens the Chiefs would stand no chance of getting. Cook is probably the only one of that list that falls out of the top-10. Still always nice to dream that it could happen.

The 2nd tier I would say Cunningham is about the only one that stands a chance of making it to the Chiefs. The others are expected to be top-15 picks unless again some big red flag shows up.

The 3rd tier are all guys that should be close to making it just depending on some big boards. They are the type that will be all over the place big board wise. Such as for Howard you love the talent but he plays a position that isn't considered one of the high critical positions. John Ross has injury red flags. Kizer experience questions. Kamara limited number of carries. McCaffrey it depends as I have heard some teams see him as a 3-down back and others see him more in that scat back role. Wormley it is potential against production.
Honestly I've only looked at tape of about 20 players or so so its hard to guess who is probably going to be there when the Chiefs pick. The two names the jump out:

Christian McCaffrey who is definitely not a 3 down back. I think he is going to look like one of the best players in the draft for a couple of years but its hard to see him having a long, productive career with one team in the NFL. I like his patience and his agility but he isnt a guy you want in there for everything. Definitely a guy that would fit for the Chiefs as Spencer Ware does a lot of the tough things but doesnt have the gadget ability of McCaffrey. I just think that McCaffrey is the best player I wouldn't want in the first round so I think he is the definition of a high 2nd round pick. McCaffrey is also the type of player that the Patriots seem to find in later rounds and win lots of games with so its hard to really get a feel on where he should go.

Deshone Kizer is also someone that seems to be a trending pick. This comparison might give me a bit of trouble but he reminds me a bit of Ryan Tannehill. Came out of nowhere to be a stud in college and despite good numbers just not a person who makes the right decisions to win football games. For Kizer's sake, I think KC is a great fit for him so he can sit a year behind Alex Smith but I'm not 100% sure if thats the best move for the Chiefs. Kizer could potentially jump in and win the starting spot but thats a pretty bold move.

Wormley and Howard are people that have some good tape but I'm not sure the positional value is good enough to make the Chiefs and Howard probably won't be there.

Cunningham falling to the Chiefs would be a slam dunk but I think he'll go top 20 for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I've only looked at tape of about 20 players or so so its hard to guess who is probably going to be there when the Chiefs pick. The two names the jump out:

Christian McCaffrey who is definitely not a 3 down back. I think he is going to look like one of the best players in the draft for a couple of years but its hard to see him having a long, productive career with one team in the NFL. I like his patience and his agility but he isnt a guy you want in there for everything. Definitely a guy that would fit for the Chiefs as Spencer Ware does a lot of the tough things but doesnt have the gadget ability of McCaffrey. I just think that McCaffrey is the best player I wouldn't want in the first round so I think he is the definition of a high 2nd round pick. McCaffrey is also the type of player that the Patriots seem to find in later rounds and win lots of games with so its hard to really get a feel on where he should go.

Deshone Kizer is also someone that seems to be a trending pick. This comparison might give me a bit of trouble but he reminds me a bit of Ryan Tannehill. Came out of nowhere to be a stud in college and despite good numbers just not a person who makes the right decisions to win football games. For Kizer's sake, I think KC is a great fit for him so he can sit a year behind Alex Smith but I'm not 100% sure if thats the best move for the Chiefs. Kizer could potentially jump in and win the starting spot but thats a pretty bold move.

Wormley and Howard are people that have some good tape but I'm not sure the positional value is good enough to make the Chiefs and Howard probably won't be there.

Cunningham falling to the Chiefs would be a slam dunk but I think he'll go top 20 for sure.

I do quite a bit of draft breakdown. Actually have a weekly podcast with another poster on here for a website we work for. I actually agree quite a bit of your thoughts on McCaffrey. The reason I say some teams do see him as a 3-down back is because some of the spread offenses that are run think he could do well with opportunities in space. That is why places like New England or New Orleans can make a player like McCaffrey work. And while he might not be a true 3-down player they think they can get him enough touches that he would equal a 3-down player. He is a local hero in Denver so a lot of Bronco fans want him but I wouldn't touch him in the 1st. I'm with you of a player like him is more of a 2nd round type talent.

I'm torn on a guy like Cunningham. There isn't anything really big time wrong with his game. He does struggle to get off blocks and struggles some with tackling technique but otherwise is a very solid player. The problem a lot of teams see and I agree is that he just doesn't have anything about his game that really stands out big time. Don't get me wrong I think he will have a good NFL career. Just not sure I am wanting to use a top-20 pick on a guy like that. I actually think he would be available for the Chiefs when they pick. I"ve seen him sliding into that 2nd round quite a bit lately. Especially now that a 4th ILB has emerged for this draft class. Before the Senior Bowl most only figured there were 3 ILB's maybe worth a 1st round pick in Foster, Cunningham, and Davis. Now that Reddick has emerged as another option teams have moved Cunningham down a bit. Reddick has a higher ceiling and is a much more explosive athlete. He is very raw for the ILB position so Cunningham is probably the day 1 bigger impact guy but Reddick could turn into a star at the position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on a guy like Cunningham. There isn't anything really big time wrong with his game. He does struggle to get off blocks and struggles some with tackling technique but otherwise is a very solid player. The problem a lot of teams see and I agree is that he just doesn't have anything about his game that really stands out big time. Don't get me wrong I think he will have a good NFL career. Just not sure I am wanting to use a top-20 pick on a guy like that. I actually think he would be available for the Chiefs when they pick. I"ve seen him sliding into that 2nd round quite a bit lately. Especially now that a 4th ILB has emerged for this draft class. Before the Senior Bowl most only figured there were 3 ILB's maybe worth a 1st round pick in Foster, Cunningham, and Davis. Now that Reddick has emerged as another option teams have moved Cunningham down a bit. Reddick has a higher ceiling and is a much more explosive athlete. He is very raw for the ILB position so Cunningham is probably the day 1 bigger impact guy but Reddick could turn into a star at the position.
Cunningham has a lot of issues with angles imo. Watching tape of him against Tennessee is actually pretty alarming because Kamara just runs right through him.

I like his closing speed a lot but he gambles with it at the college level. I think he is a player that will fit into the NFL better than he fit into a poor college team. In that regard, he is a lot like Charles Harris. 2nd round tape in a 1st round body.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham has a lot of issues with angles imo. Watching tape of him against Tennessee is actually pretty alarming because Kamara just runs right through him.

I like his closing speed a lot but he gambles with it at the college level. I think he is a player that will fit into the NFL better than he fit into a poor college team. In that regard, he is a lot like Charles Harris. 2nd round tape in a 1st round body.

I guess to me it depends which team he goes to. He has a very small lower body and is tall for the position. You see him really struggle when asked to win with leverage and get off blocks. So if he goes to a 1-gap system to me he is going to struggle a lot. A 2-gap system where the DL works to eat up a lot of the blocks and allows him to use his athleticism to win could work well though.

That is a big reason I have him 4th on my list of ILB's right now. The other guys have shown a bit more system versatility.