• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kind of game plan does Heupel need

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for Blake Bell in the Tulsa game.???
I'm assuming Bell will be the starter for the Notre Dame game.

so with that in mind, what is it you want to see him do to get him ready for South Bend.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn.
I can see us throwing the ball a lot because I think we can run already, and that is what we need to practice the most.

On the other hand, until we get our run blocking figured out and get way better with it, a good defense will shut that down.

I just don't know.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need to work on run blocking, and I believe the running game will be key if we are to have any shot at the big12 this year so I believe we'll see plenty of that.

As far as bell goes, heupel needs to stop putting 5 receivers on the field. Bradford and jones are gone, and while I believe bell is a good passer he's not Bradford and jones. Bell needs to get the draw call a few times to keep teams honest, and add in some screens and swing passes as well to get him involved in the passing game and confident. I would also like to see heupel incorporate more play action. Our running game will be effective enough for that to work so use it.

I just don't want to see the same cookie cutter offense heupel keeps throwing out. This team is different personel and they need a scheme designed around their talents and abilities. Heupel needs to be running an offense that uses their talents instead of forcing them into "his schemes".

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need to work on run blocking, and I believe the running game will be key if we are to have any shot at the big12 this year so I believe we'll see plenty of that.

As far as bell goes, heupel needs to stop putting 5 receivers on the field. Bradford and jones are gone, and while I believe bell is a good passer he's not Bradford and jones. Bell needs to get the draw call a few times to keep teams honest, and add in some screens and swing passes as well to get him involved in the passing game and confident. I would also like to see heupel incorporate more play action. Our running game will be effective enough for that to work so use it.

I just don't want to see the same cookie cutter offense heupel keeps throwing out. This team is different personel and they need a scheme designed around their talents and abilities. Heupel needs to be running an offense that uses their talents instead of forcing them into "his schemes".

IMO...this is vital. Hopefully Heupel helps out his QB, rather than automatically thinking they have the experience of a 3 or 4 year starter.

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he sees how poor his game plans are. After all, this scheme has been winning for a long time, it just hasn't evolved or flexed to fit their personnel. Square peg, round hole for now is all I expect. I hope they take the opportunity to try something different with Tulsa, but I doubt it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got tickets for $5. See you at the game. :yahoo: