• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the mood like in Seattle?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious if the mood in Seattle is positive for the Wild Card weekend? Is the drama with Sherman and Carrol real? What are people saying on the radio, at work, etc.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strained. We have been spoiled the past 4 years with a consistently high level of play, and it's starting to lead to some unrealistic expectations. Fans get upset if this team doesn't go out and win by 3 TDs every week...sometimes even that isn't satisfying (see the recent 24-3 Rams game). This year's team, for a variety of reasons, has been unable to sustain a high level of play. We saw it @ NE and again vs Carolina, but there have been enough games when doing anything on offense was a constant struggle to the point it's curbed optimism on where this team can go this season.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know we aren't a championship team this year but excpect the team to fight tooth and nail. Not too worried about Detroit but I could see the Atlanta game ending like Russ's rookie year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. TB.

We have a few here that don't want to listen and think we are homers.

What about the Dallas board? Do you guys think Dax man (copyright) has the 2nd gear of play

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know we aren't a championship team this year but excpect the team to fight tooth and nail. Not too worried about Detroit but I could see the Atlanta game ending like Russ's rookie year.

There are 3 things that you can count on in life:

Death, Taxes and Matt Ryan blowing a good shot at the SB

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think decent expectations to knock off Detroit. Detroit is coming off a pretty heated game against GB (where they started the whole game) and is actually dead last I believe in pressure to QBs per # of snaps, so that will allow Wilson time.

That said, I think most expectations from Seattle are zero/little for the remainder.

Earl Thomas, a beat up running game (Collins looks promising but he's still so fresh and a rook, Rawls is not 100%), Tyler Lockett (return + receiver threat) and the patchwork O-Line just don't allow for much consistency on Offense and with Earl out the cover 3 is light/weak, forcing safeties/linebackers to play deeper and allowing QBs to have much more success with shorter/quick passes.

The one thing Seattle has going for it is playoff experience. Carroll/Wilson and most of Seattle's nucleus knows how to prepare for these games and how to play it.

I think Seattle's best case scenario is beat Detroit, NYG beat GB, Seattle beats Atlanta @ home and NYG knock off Dallas (only team so far that seems to be able to do it), and then Seattle gets NYG at home.

I think Seattle needs some matchup help and needs to be concerned about the 2nd game. I'd be pretty "WOW, really!?" if they lose to Detroit.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks will be favored against Detroit but underdogs the rest of the way unless Dallas loses.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mood towards the Seahawks chances of winning this or any other playoff game this year really depends on who you talk to. At least one person has already called it a "wasted season" and others might as well have said it given their general attitude towards the team and its chances of doing any damage in the playoffs. Forget that teams have proven in recent years that there's no ideal way of getting to or winning the Super Bowl anymore and forget that the NFC has no real dominant team, the Seahawks season might as well have ended after the Packers game.

Other people, myself included, know that this team has had its issues this season and that they're not exactly going into the playoffs on fire, but we also know that they're capable of playing some really good football for several games at a time. They've done it a couple of times this season already. Whether they will or not remains to be seen, but they're capable of it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious if the mood in Seattle is positive for the Wild Card weekend? Is the drama with Sherman and Carrol real? What are people saying on the radio, at work, etc.

Some are confident that our experience outweighs anything, and that a playoff run is possible.

Some are concerned about the teams inconsistency, but are hopeful for more than 1 playoff game.

And a few are just happy that with the loss on Sunday that the Hawks have sewn up the #1 pick in the draft ;).

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok. TB.

We have a few here that don't want to listen and think we are homers.

What about the Dallas board? Do you guys think Dax man (copyright) has the 2nd gear of play

I haven't even had a chance to get on there honestly. The holiday season has been crazy. I need to start listening to Dallas radio on one of those apps

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are confident that our experience outweighs anything, and that a playoff run is possible.

Some are concerned about the teams inconsistency, but are hopeful for more than 1 playoff game.

And a few are just happy that with the loss on Sunday that the Hawks have sewn up the #1 pick in the draft ;).

Wait..how do they have the #1?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait..how do they have the #1?

Just being sarcastic, some would have you believe that the Seahawks haven't won all season and the only hope for the future is to rebuild with the rhetoric they spew

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just being sarcastic, some would have you believe that the Seahawks haven't won all season and the only hope for the future is to rebuild with the rhetoric they spew
I'm like what trade did I forget! LOL

I know winnings brings high expectations but damn they definitely don't need a rebuild!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a rebuild in offensive philosophy and OL.

We are supposed to be run first, but our OL is in shambles after 6 years and we have no dependable RB. Our QB has questionable confidence. Needs a serious reboot

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations are tempered. I said in a thread a few weeks ago that I think Seattle is the best team in the NFC when they play at their best, but they haven't been at their best very often. I do expect Seattle to beat Detroit. Anything beyond that will be icing on the cake. They will not go into Atlanta and win with how they have played over the last month or so. A win is going to require major improvements on both sides of the ball.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing people need to remember about Atlanta is that skilled teams can be punched in the mouth.

Seattle used to BE one of those types of teams.

Not to say that Seattle is necessarily the team TO punch them in the mouth. But let's not pretend like Atlanta is some kind of juggernaut.

Now having said that, I'd be much more confident if Earl was manning the back end.

At any rate, doesn't matter anymore, pretty or ugly - a win is a win. So we shouldn't really be talking about anyone other than Detroit. Let's cross the Atlanta bridge if it comes up.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has had lots of ups and downs but always believe they can win the SB until the scoreboard proves me wrong.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing people need to remember about Atlanta is that skilled teams can be punched in the mouth.

Seattle used to BE one of those types of teams.

Not to say that Seattle is necessarily the team TO punch them in the mouth. But let's not pretend like Atlanta is some kind of juggernaut.

Now having said that, I'd be much more confident if Earl was manning the back end.

At any rate, doesn't matter anymore, pretty or ugly - a win is a win. So we shouldn't really be talking about anyone other than Detroit. Let's cross the Atlanta bridge if it comes up.
You're good to go on talking aboot Atlanta.

Don't worry.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're good to go on talking aboot Atlanta.

Don't worry.

You know what effs with your head smitty, when as a fan, after DECADES of futility, you finally win, you're not sure how to take it, keep expecting the rug to get pulled out from under you.

Or to get Lucy'd.

-8.jpg

So I feel your pain as a Detroit fan.

Tate III has worked out pretty well for you guys though, no?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm about a thousand miles north of Seattle so I can't speak to the "word on the street". But all I will say is that until the final whistle blows in whatever the last game is, I will continue to believe they have a shot. I don't take Detroit lightly but they have to play in our house and that is a tall order for anyone so I like our chances to move on.
If we do what we are supposed to, it's on to Atlanta. I think they are beatable. Don't know if we will beat them but it can be done. Their D is not very good. If our D can hold them to 21 or less, we have a shot.
After that, the CG. If in Dallas, tough order, to say the least. If whoever goes to Dallas in the Div. rd. pulls off the upset, then it's in Seattle and all bets against us are off. I realize I'm being very optimistic here but as a fan, I have to be like that until, as I said, the final whistle.