• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is everybody's thoughts on Kobe Bryant?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah people are just biased because they don't like Lebron. No denying he is a top 20 FOR SURE player of all time and honestly anyone that doesn't have him as a top 10 player is off their rocker.

Go look at Lebron's career thus far compared to Magic Johnson entire career. If Lebron isn't a top 10 player neither is Magic.

Lebron has undoubtedly been the best player in the NBA for the last decade. There is only a couple players in the history of the game that can say that about (and quite a few in that top 10 that you can't).
Magic led his team to a championship in his rookie year as an NBA player, won five championships and went to the finals 8 times - Are you really saying that Lebron is better than Magic?:pound:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised you didn't list Kurt Rambis.
You know, I knew that I was going to forget someone, and I hated to name so many former Lakers players and was trying to be objective. Kurt was good though - That would be an interesting battle to see Kurt playing Lebron in some games and both in their prime. I'm thinking Kurt would be a little tougher though and Lebron would need to depend on his finesse game

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I knew that I was going to forget someone, and I hated to name so many former Lakers players and was trying to be objective. Kurt was good though - That would be an interesting battle to see Kurt playing Lebron in some games and both in their prime. I'm thinking Kurt would be a little tougher though and Lebron would need to depend on his finesse game

Yeah you were trying to be objective & you have Bill Walton ranked higher than LeBron. Simply hilarious.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you were trying to be objective & you have Bill Walton ranked higher than LeBron. Simply hilarious.
Yes I do, and so does other sources like Bleacher Report. Sorry that it hurts your feelings, but Lebron does not make it into the top 20 ever list by most people. That's just the facts

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we talking about Lebron any way? This thread is supposed to be about Kobe.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do, and so does other sources like Bleacher Report. Sorry that it hurts your feelings, but Lebron does not make it into the top 20 ever list by most people. That's just the facts

Hurt my feelings? I'm not even a Cavs fan. I just think it's funny that the 2 fan bases here on SportsHoopla that are seemingly upset w/ him just happen to be the Heat (the team he left) & the Lakers (the team he didn't pick). I'm a lifelong Celtics fan & I hate Kobe, although I wouldn't be foolish enough to pretend he isn't as good as he really is.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think if Lebron a minimum of three titles instead of two and had ditched the losing record in the finals, that the argument of top 20 would be sealed and delivered even though I wouldn't quite agree. The problem is that he had the tools to get to the finals and hang with the big boys and then collapsed to many times. That's not a winning formula for championships and championships define the players most of the time

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt my feelings? I'm not even a Cavs fan. I just think it's funny that the 2 fan bases here on SportsHoopla that are seemingly upset w/ him just happen to be the Heat (the team he left) & the Lakers (the team he didn't pick). I'm a lifelong Celtics fan & I hate Kobe, although I wouldn't be foolish enough to pretend he isn't as good as he really is.
Who said I was upset with him? He is a great player and I understand that most people rate him so highly because of his tremendous athletic ability. I just think he falls a little short in talent because of his past failures to close out games. That is a huge weakness and it has hurt his career and legacy. I would have loved to see him go to the Celtics though. The Celtics would have built a winning team around him for sure. Come to think of it, I'm glad he didn't do that - I don't want the Celtics to win titles - Scratch that one

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said I was upset with him? He is a great player and I understand that most people rate him so highly because of his tremendous athletic ability. I just think he falls a little short in talent because of his past failures to close out games. That is a huge weakness and it has hurt his career and legacy. I would have loved to see him go to the Celtics though. The Celtics would have built a winning team around him for sure. Come to think of it, I'm glad he didn't do that - I don't want the Celtics to win titles - Scratch that one

You have Stockton & Malone listed. In one of your comments you mentioned LeBron's Finals record. How many rings did Stockton & Malone win again since you said they are both better than him? You mentioned a losing Finals record well that's what Stockton & Malone actually have, just like LeBron...minus rings though. Let's just agree to disagree where LeBron should be ranked.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Stockton & Malone listed. In one of your comments you mentioned LeBron's Finals record. How many rings did Stockton & Malone win again since you said they are both better than him? You mentioned a losing Finals record well that's what Stockton & Malone actually have, just like LeBron...minus rings though. Let's just agree to disagree where LeBron should be ranked.
Yeah, but Malone and Stocton her two hell of a couple of players. It really was a crime they never won anything. I am sorry, but I think Malone and Stocton would have pounded Lebron's skinny little ass into the ground. They were old school and Lebron is in a weaker era

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4MVP's and not a top 20 player. LOL.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 5 straight Finals appearances (itll be at LEAST 8 by the time hes through)....how crazy is thta gonna be when LeBron makes like 8-10 straight Finals? It sure woulda been nice to have a consensus top 10 guy of all time in Kareem with LeBron his whole career.

In fact- Robert Horry and Steve Kerr both have more rings than LeBron- obviously they are better than him- and they are WAAAY better than Barkley or Malone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haters gonna hate.

especially when they are forced to watch shitty basketball year after year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Malone and Stocton her two hell of a couple of players. It really was a crime they never won anything. I am sorry, but I think Malone and Stocton would have pounded Lebron's skinny little ass into the ground. They were old school and Lebron is in a weaker era

Your hatred of LeBron is comical. Of course 2 players would beat one. Although break that comment of yours down for a second...Malone? Yes. Stockton would have done that to LeBron w/o Malone, no way.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 5 straight Finals appearances (itll be at LEAST 8 by the time hes through)....how crazy is thta gonna be when LeBron makes like 8-10 straight Finals? It sure woulda been nice to have a consensus top 10 guy of all time in Kareem with LeBron his whole career.

In fact- Robert Horry and Steve Kerr both have more rings than LeBron- obviously they are better than him- and they are WAAAY better than Barkley or Malone.

Kurt Rambis is better than LeBron!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you consider how long Basketball has been around, that's saying a lot to put one player in the top twenty. There have been some really talented players over the years who were considerably better than Lebron. Lebron's been to the finals his share, but has a losing record.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haters gonna hate.

especially when they are forced to watch shitty basketball year after year.

I actually have a slight interest in checking out the Lakers this year because of Russell.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you consider how long Basketball has been around, that's saying a lot to put one player in the top twenty. There have been some really talented players over the years who were considerably better than Lebron. Lebron's been to the finals his share, but has a losing record.

Jerry West, losing Finals record. Wilt, losing Finals record. You do realize that since you mentioned both of them?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hatred of LeBron is comical. Of course 2 players would beat one. Although break that comment of yours down for a second...Malone? Yes. Stockton would have done that to LeBron w/o Malone, no way.
It would have taken them together to beat down Lebron and there lies the problem to his legacy. Kobe had Shaq and then Pau Gasol, Stephan Curry has Klay Thompson and the other guy, Wade had Lebron, but Duncan has Parker. It's still a team sport, but had the Lakers got Malone when he was younger and healthier, the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe would have easily won more rings.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have taken them together to beat down Lebron and there lies the problem to his legacy. Kobe had Shaq and then Pau Gasol, Stephan Curry has Klay Thompson and the other guy, Wade had Lebron, but Duncan has Parker. It's still a team sport, but had the Lakers got Malone when he was younger and healthier, the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe would have easily won more rings.

Just stop. I get it, you hate LeBron. Nothing more needs to be said. You have convinced yourself of where he ranks & nothing will change that.